Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I'll get straight to the point, I never wanted a bypass but i got a botched gastric sleeve surgery and was unable to eat and drink for nearly 3 months. My only option to was having a gastric bypass-it was a necessary revision surgery if I ever wanted to eat or drink again. I'm nearly three weeks out and having a very hard time. I was eating ok two weeks out then all of a sudden i started becoming nauseous and losing my appetite. I have a Gtube and a jp drain tube in-jp comes out Wednesday thank God. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact some things I'll never be able to eat again. It saddens me. I would really love to meet someone in the Toledo or Michigan area to buddy up with, or someone i can talk to that's been through or that's going through the same. What foods work for.you what doesn't, etc. thanks in advance

Welcome Mina, sounds like you have been through a lot. Just stay in prayer you will come out of this ok. I'm sorry to hear you went through that, I wish u all the luck and send a prayer your way. You have a bunch of friends and supporters here. we got U.

Thanks a lot, a good support is just what i need. I've been really depressed and i have to make this work, it's my only choice.

I am so sorry you have had these problems. Praying for healing and comfort, I hope you will be able to heal from this second surgery and be on your journey., I hope someone with more experience with this contacts you, We are here to help however we can.

Gentle hugs

Welcome I sure wish I had some advice.

I'm sorry things have sucked, but the resources available from the members on this forum are priceless. Hope things turn around and you can be a healthier happier you.

I wish only but the best for you. It will all work out in the end it just might take some time. Hang in there and keep fighting. I know there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel but there always is. It just might take a little longer than wanted to get there. Even though I haven't had my surgery yet I am here for support if you need it. Stay strong! :)

Wow what a story. I there is anything any of us can do... just ask!!! You will get alot of support here!!

Thanks a lot. I came here hoping to connect with other bypassers to help me get through this and everyone has been so nice. I'm still having such a hard time adjusting, but it gets a little better everyday. I get my last jp tube out tomorrow and the g tube out next week. I think once these tubes are out, it will make a world of difference in how I feel. I'm also able to hold things down a little better, I'm 3 weeks out and still trying to figure out what to eat that won't make me sick or dump.

Welcome welcome welcome I have not had my surgery YET but I pray it comes soon. I will keep you in my prayers

I really hope getting those tubes out helps a lot. I think it will. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Well, they didn't take the drains out. The doctor said there seems to be an infection, he put me on antibiotics and if all goes well, the jp tube will come out next wed and the feeding tube the week after so everything has been pushed a week out. I was so disappointed I cried right there in front of the doctor. He said if he took it out now, I could end up being admitted.

Stay strong you are doing you part and the Dr is doing his just look forward to next Wed. I'm praying for you it going to all come together