Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Bypass And Pcos

We started trying Monday to have a baby!! Im hoping with my weight loss the pcos symptoms subside and I can conceive!!! Anyone in my position had any success???

I have PCOS, but I haven't seen any change in my symptoms, yet. I'm only 3mnths out, though.

Im almost 6 months out and Ive had two spontaneous cycles!! Ive lost 75 pounds so far!! I noticed at 3 months out, I only had one cycle, then I just had one this month so Im praying Im on my way to success!!! Do u want children also??

I don't have Pcos but I want to start having kids after my surgery. I'm hoping my weight is the reason I haven't gotten pregnant yet. Been with my husband 8 years and not on birth control for 5 of those years. Not that we were trying but you would think it would happen in that time frame. But there were other factors. Have you met your goal or close to your goal? I would love updates and be able to wish you baby luck. I probably won't be trying til this time next year but I hope it happens for you soon . They say fertility goes crazy high after wls. Good luck!!!!!

Im sorry for ur difficulty getting pregnant. From what I understand weight plays a big role in fertility. Im not close to my goal, I gotta lose about another 125 pounds. Im down 80 pounds right now!! Im really praying I can have children when its all said and done. When is ur surgery??

My surgery is scheduled for Oct 30th but everything isn't finalized yet but I'm determined to have it then. Are you OK with getting pregnant before you reach your goal. My ultimate goal is 190 (I dont want to be any smaller then that). But I'm going to stop the birth control when I reach 250 and let things happen naturally. I'm really praying our issue is my weight.

My Dr wants me to wait 2 years to try to get pregnant...I dont have a boyfriend right now, but Im just really hoping I can have kids after waiting for years and years. Im 34, Im no spring chicken...lol, Im praying God will heal my ovaries and send me a husband!!

It is a requirement from my surgeon that I start birth control 3 months before the RNY through 2 years post op. I have no problem with this and I have PCOS, the pills helps with the symptoms. Anyone else had to do this?

It was not a requirement before my surgery, it was a suggestion after but I havent got on any kind of birth control. Im wanting to see how my cycles are gonna be!! Hopefully will become regular!!

Hi i got diagnoses with pcos about 8 years ago. I wasnt a heavy kid or teen. I never had regular periods. I'm 5'8" I always weight 150 to 165. In less then 2 years I was 262. Once I figured out what I had I hit the gym like crazy. 6 days a week. Strict diet. I hit 180 and got pregnant. It was my merical baby. I was so scared to loose the baby I stopped exercising. I weighed 252 when I delivered. Then I got pregnant again. My boys are 11 months apart . The weight gain was an additional 18 pounds. I started working out again. Then boom car accident. Two pinched nerves two herniated disks. Constant injections in my back. I just want my life back. I want to play with my kids. My mistake was not watching my weight dieting my first pregnancy. With pcos once the weight comes on its a slippery slop. I'm having the surgury to reclaim my life. I just urge everyone with pcos to be careful when you do get pregnant. It's such a blessing as we all know. But pcos makes it so hard before during and unfortunately after pregnancy.

My period started on it's own this month!!!!! YAY!!! I got back on birth control for two months after surgery. The 3rd month I wasn't on it. This month, the fourth, I was so shocked when it started on it's on!!!! Exactly 30 days

Im post op rny 6 mo and have been married for 10 years. Im 32yrs old. My start weight was 387. Im currently at 260...yay! and i have pcos..yuck!!. Lately all i can think about is wanting a family.

I guess what im asking... is it to early to try to get pregnant? I know they say wait a year, but im starting to feel that im getting too old to wait..my hubby is 10 yrs older than me...

I need advice...thank you for listening...my hubby seems to be the only one i can talk to about it...

You have to consider that at that weight your a high risk pregnancy. I have pcos and with my second I got up to 250 by month 8. I then had gasdational diabetes and has stress tests almost everyday. I would talk to you gyno or go see an endocronologst.

32 is so young for me once I got under 100 I got pregnant eight away without help

Lol not 100 I meant 200