Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant Drink Enough! Help

I am 3 days post op and have had pounding headaches and my doctor says but it could be from not drinking or eating enough. Sense I'm only on a full liquid diet I need help. I've eaten Jello popsicles fudgesicles even apple sauce. Also the nurse told me I could have soft eggs. I CAN'T DRINK Water. I have such a hard time drinking!! I never drink alot. Do I have to drink just pure 64oz of water?? or can I dilute water with juice and drink 64oz of that!?? or put packets in it?? I can't do plain water!!! And I feel so bad

I am 3 days post op and have had pounding headaches and my doctor says but it could be from not drinking or eating enough. Sense I'm only on a full liquid diet I need help. I've eaten Jello popsicles fudgesicles even apple sauce. Also the nurse told me I could have soft eggs. I CAN'T DRINK Water. I have such a hard time drinking!! I never drink alot. Do I have to drink just pure 64oz of Water? ? or can I dilute water with juice and drink 64oz of that!?? or put packets in it?? I can't do plain water!!! And I feel so bad

You can do diet snapple, cristal light, mio, propel packets just make sure everything is sugar free and non carbonated.

Yup sugar free flavorings are ok to add to the Water. I couldn't drink plain water either....I can now but, prior to I needed something in it. I started with Mio, then hated that, switched to crystal light and that was too acidic for me so ended up with SF grape Koolaid for the longest time. For me skim milk counts towards my liquid intake as well and my Protein Shakes but check with your surgeon/nutritionist. chicken broth counts too usually.

Okay Thank you. I was feeling so bad that I was not drinking Water but as of now it doesn't appeal to me. I'll try the mio and packets!

No, the bottled propel does not have carbonation. It is pretty good too:) I like Vitamin zero Water myself. Rise is a pretty good flavor.

I'm hook on crystal light iced tea. Best drink ever 5 calories

My poor hubby... He's bought me poweraid zero in every flavor, mio in almost every flavor, propel zero in 3 different flavors, peach crystal light, Passion tea tazo bags, and a costco case of diet green tea.

I too could not do Water it was hard to get it all in. But I got burnt out on every single thing!

So grateful he found crystal light ice tea.... I've been faithful to just this for 2 weeks and still love it. Just find what works!

Surgery 7/25/12

You can also get your liquids in the form of slushies - sugar free of course! I bought mine at 7-11 and a local slushie place and then bought the sugar free sryups and my own. You can also freeze your flavored liquids and crush them in a blender. I found it much nicer to eat my liquids then always have to drink them.

You can also get your liquids in the form of slushies - sugar free of course! I bought mine at 7-11 and a local slushie place and then bought the sugar free sryups and my own. You can also freeze your flavored liquids and crush them in a blender. I found it much nicer to eat my liquids then always have to drink them.

Where did u get the sugar free syrups from?

I found them at Marshall's near the gourmets food. I also got some at a local specialty kitchen store. They are online too. Ive also heard Walmart and bed bath and beyond carries them too. I bet Christmas tree shop has them too and those are all over New England.

You can also try just plain ice. You get the crunchy feeling most of us crave after surgery and your fluids.

You can also try just plain ice. You get the crunchy feeling most of us crave after surgery and your fluids.

Ice is very helpful

Thank you! I will have to try all those things. I like Vitamin Water too propel and crystal light so I'll get some of those. Thanks for the replies!

Walmart or target had them. So did smart and final. Might try online now considering summer is about over