Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have done everything I think i could have done to mentally prepare myself for surgery. Now it comes time to prepare my house and pantry! So my question is what did you find most convient during your first few weeks? What foods (well food items...jello..shakes..ect) did you feel helped you the most. Did you find a shake that tastes amazing? Water mix ins? Anything you can reccomend..also what did you take to the hospital with you? Thabk you in advance! Surgery next friday :)

Can't wait to see your replies. There's a great you tube video out there I watched. She showed everything she bought.

Measuring cups and spoons she said a 2 tbs is great. I haven't found one yet. She also purchased nesting bowls,pretty small plates,shake blender from Walmart for only $20.,and various other things that I can't remember right now. I need to watch it.again thanks for the post. I look forward to see your replies!

Oh @ the hospital: I'm bringing pretty robe no nightgown because it will stain from incisions , lots of underware, slippers with traction, chapstick, Shampoo, shower gel,poof,lotion, deorderant, toothbrush,toothpaste, brush, favorite pillow with bright color case so its no confused with the hospitals crappy pillows :), clap machine,inhaler,phone with music downloads, ear buds, Kindle with RNY books downloads, notes of encouragement from loved ones (if I can get them to write some;)) , loose clothes for going home in, my wonderful husband! Best wishes and congratulations :)

Honestly I didn't use half the things I bought. The sippy cups just didn't work and I felt stupid. But the. Any spoons were great - I still use them.

sugar free ice pops and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein mix (which counts as a clear and tastes like ramen) were the best purchases.

I only took a pair of clothes to leave in. Slippers, chapstick, underwear, pillow. books and music but honestly I was so tired and sore I couldn't read or stay awake. You mostly sleep. I even try thought watching tv was annoying. I just wanted sleep bc the meds or sedation knocked me out. And you stay in your hospital gown the whole time and it's pretty comfortable bc its baggy.

Oh @ the hospital: I'm bringing pretty robe no nightgown because it will stain from incisions , lots of underware, slippers with traction, chapstick, Shampoo, shower gel,poof,lotion, deorderant, toothbrush,toothpaste, brush, favorite pillow with bright color case so its no confused with the hospitals crappy pillows :), clap machine,inhaler,phone with music downloads, ear buds, Kindle with RNY books downloads, notes of encouragement from loved ones (if I can get them to write some;)) , loose clothes for going home in, my wonderful husband! Best wishes and congratulations :)

Great ideas! I have a week to go, but I started eating with a cocktail fork and baby spoon so I'd be used to it.

I loved my sippy cup. I had someone suggest it before surgery and they were wonderful the first few weeks. You are able to keep up with your liquid intake without think oh my goodness I have so much to drink. I also bought me some big pjs and stayed in those for about a week. They were button down on the top. It felt good to get out of the hospital gown in the hospital and feel a little normal.

HMMMMMMMMM since i have been a patient a few times and am a nurse i bring my own tempur pedic pillow(red pillowcase) my own queen sized fuzzy soft blanket tiger colored, eye covers (gift from my daughter victoria secret satin soft - who cares if they think i am a primadona its a godsend in the middle of the night when the lights go on for blood draw or whatever) I also bring my cpap machine, my iphone w/music on it and ear buds, my ipad with book dawn loaded and I plan to put a few movies downloaded to because the hospital wifi sucksssssssssssssssss. I don't bring toiletries cuz they provide them and I hate to forget my stuff ie Shampoo, toothbrush toothpaste and I am not fussy about brands. One thing i find crucial is a couple of pairs of shorts so my ass doesn't hang out when i get up to walk or go the the br. since I will be on a bariatric floor in a center for excellence i am expecting they will have gowns for my size and a chair in the room i can sit it.

I stayed in the hospital gowns they gave me...one opening in the back then the other opening in the front.Being a Bariatric ward they had plenty in big sizes to cover everything. It was the most comfortable because of the catheter. I went to the hospital with comfy clothes and a pair of clean underwear in my hospital bag. Went home in the same outfit with the clean undies of course. So two things I actually used that I brought were my clean undies home and chapstick. Everything else stayed in the bag and were never touched. I was too busy walking around so didn't read my kindle stuff..

They have gowns for every size. I didn't use anything but the extra clothes I took with me. The best part was my first shower in my house. Omg! That felt so good. I felt so dirty. They didn't let me shower in the hospital until the last day but unsupported hubby didn't want to deal with me so didn't help me & suggested I shower at home so I did.