Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

going nuts on liquid diet.

Hi all i was banded on Jan 11, 2007 and have been on a liquid diet since than, my surgeon said the first 3 week i must be in a liquid diet so that the band will be well adjusted to the stomach, anyway i have lost 20lbs

since my surgery day. Now Im looking forward to eating mushy food so any sugestion. Another things Im feeling like i kind of cheated a little because anybody would loose 20lb if they would be on a liquid diet even without the band. So my real challenge to me will be when i start eating regular food to see if my band really helps me lose weight of cause with my help.:hungry:

Hey Justine!

If you had really cheated - you wouldn't have lost the 20 lbs! :]

Seriously - don't panic if you don't have restriction right away when you start eating mushies or solids. Until you start getting fills - your band is just like a loose Bracelet around your stomach. Doesn't do much but look pretty.

Unless you are one of the lucky few who has restriction right away - you will probably feel just like you did before surgery for a bit - until you start getting fills.

Don't be discouraged. An unfilled band is like a car with no gas in it... it won't get you very far. You will have to get out and push.

Once you get fills and get restriction - you will have a much better ability to determine whether the band is helping you. Trust me, it will.

Hugs! and Welcome to Band Land.

I agree- kudos to you for following the liquid diet- 20 pounds is awesome and although I know you don't need a band to lose on a liquid diet, if you are like me then we wouldn't choose to or stick to a liquid diet if not for recent surgery :rose: .

Anyhow, I know it must be discouraging but if it is any comfort- I am totally inspired to hear that you are following it, it lets me know I can do it too (follow exactly what they told me).

great job and hang in there. maybe cruise the threads here and look for some more interesting stuff to drink... I got tiny bottles of gerber baby juices in banana apple and they are awesome. not sugar free, but 100% juice and the banana makes them seem a bit filling :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches