Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thoughts On Watermelon And Tortillas

I know we are not supposed to have bread but I was wondering if there are any exceptions for tortillas? I miss having wraps or fajitas :/ ......

Also wanted some thoughts on watermelon ..... Some people yay and some nay ..... I would love a piece especially in this hot summer

I think it depends where you are in the process...I'm 16 weeks and eat a small, thin tortilla with my eggbeaters every morning to make a wrap. Sometimes I don't eat the end because it's too doughy. When I go out for lunch or lunch is brought in to work I try to pick a wrap because I can't really eat the bread and I do ok.

I don't dump so watermelon doesn't bother me other than filling me up because it's all Water. So, depending what stage you're in I say give it a try. Your body will tell you if it doesn't like it. Good luck!

I wasn't able to eat Water melon but I can now. I was clear to eat everything with no exceptions at 1 month

I can't eat bread at all it gets stuck & out it goes

I do fine with tortillas and just had Water melon the other day and was fine. just make sure to have some Protein with both. I ate a piece of beef Jerky before the water melon and was fine. I'm almost 4 months post op.

I do OK with tortillas but in small portions and I too do not eat the ends. Watermellon on the other hand is a no-no for me, for some strange reason I cannot process the meaty part and it feels like it gets stuck going down. I love watermellon and miss it. That was about 3-4 weeks ago, I may give it another try and see what happens.

I do OK with tortillas but in small portions and I too do not eat the ends. Watermellon on the other hand is a no-no for me' date=' for some strange reason I cannot process the meaty part and it feels like it gets stuck going down. I love watermellon and miss it. That was about 3-4 weeks ago, I may give it another try and see what happens.[/quote']

Give it another try. Took me like 5 try's and finally I can eat it with out issues

Do you toast your bread or tortillas? We were told to make sure to toast the bread product or it would get stuck.

I didn't try tortillas until I was cleared for regular foods. I warm them up but don't toast them. I always toast bread-and really almost never eat it because it's just too much. The bet advice is to follow your doctor's plan. Compliance can't be beat. :) best wishes!

I love my watermelon! I have it almost every day and I'm four weeks out. peaches on the other hand killed me

I had three bites of a tortilla and had my worst dumping yet. Go figure!! As for watermelon my Dr cleared me for all things healthy EXCEPT fit watermelon and a couple other things. Weird but he said it has minimal nutrition compared to the sugar content in it. It is odd how all the doctors are different

Everyone is different..It doesn't hurt to try...I can eat tortilla and watermelon. and trust me, I dump easily. Low carb tortilla is good too. Yesterday, I had half a burrito supreme from taco bell...I just don't eat tortilla often and I'm losing weight.