Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What If This Was All For Nothing?!

I had my surgery on the 25th. I weighed 237lbs. I have always drank and ate very fast and this is STILL A HUGE ISSUE! I read all these posts on here about everyone's teeney weeney pouch and how full they get. I'm scared that I don't feel the same. I can drink 4 or 5 oz of Water in less than 5 minutes and there is no immense pain!

I can eat my food without taking over an hour.

I ate about 1/2 a cup of riccotta with Pasta Sauce and some shredded cheese on top yesterday, it only took me about 7 minutes and I did not feel incredibly full.

Everyone else leaves the impression that I should have felt full after 2 bites.

I have lost some weight. I now weigh 226 lbs.

I'm scared that because I feel like I can eat the same as before, nothing will change. That all of this pain was for nothing!

I feel the same way. I have no issues eating fast but I try to slow it down and only eat what I am supposed to. I also make sure to eat healthy even though I have tried unhealthy things and I am fine. I am only 2 weeks out.

pre surgery weight 310 • RNY 6/20/2012 • current weight 284

Wow, I am three days out and the scale says that I have gained three pounds :angry: . It hates me! I know in my smart brain that this isn't possible because I will be on Clear Liquids for three weeks! I guess we are all different and just have to hang in there

I am sure each of you were told that it takes approximately a year to loose a vast majority of the weight. U came home from the hospital 11 lbs heavier, it is water/ fluids. Be patient. Almost all pain is gone after 2 weeks. I am a month out and down 27 lbs. hang in there

I can't talk for someone else,but I can say that I can't eat much. I can eat food in less then 15 minutes,but it's only 2-4 bites depends on what I'm eating. Also just because you don't get that full feeling doesn't mean over eat or eat unhealthy. Remember this was the reason why we all got fat from eating unhealthy. No one gets fat from eating salad & fruits & veggies all day. Hang in there & wishing you all a great success & lots of weight lost.

I had my surgery on the 25th. I weighed 237lbs. I have always drank and ate very fast and this is STILL A HUGE ISSUE! I read all these posts on here about everyone's teeney weeney pouch and how full they get. I'm scared that I don't feel the same. I can drink 4 or 5 oz of Water in less than 5 minutes and there is no immense pain!

I ate about 1/2 a cup of riccotta with Pasta sauce and some shredded cheese on top yesterday' date=' it only took me about 7 minutes and I did not feel incredibly full.

I'm scared that because I feel like I can eat the same as before, nothing will change. That all of this pain was for nothing![/quote']

i totally feel u on this...everyday i think i went thru this for nothing..i had surgery on 6/7 and weighed 281..I've been 260 for last two weeks!!!! i can drink like its nothing and i can eat an 8oz yogurt in like ten min...I'm not hungry but when i do eat its not like everyone else i read about..two bites is not filling me.i hope things get better for u...as for me, i chalk this up to just another diet that didn't work:-(

i totally feel u on this...everyday i think i went thru this for nothing..i had surgery on 6/7 and weighed 281..I've been 260 for last two weeks!!!! i can drink like its nothing and i can eat an 8oz yogurt in like ten min...I'm not hungry but when i do eat its not like everyone else i read about..two bites is not filling me.i hope things get better for u...as for me' date=' i chalk this up to just another diet that didn't work:-([/quote']

Still follow your diet and exercise. Also get in your protein! That can contribute to less weight loss :) you may just be loosing slower. It will all work out! :)

Wow you girls ate lucky. I'm having the hardest time eating which means I can't get my Protein in. The sight of food makes me seriously nauseated, so I have a lot to work on. You can start with taking your protein in ASAP and just start your weight loss process. Even if you could eat faster, you should not because the pouch can't break down your food like you stomach use to and you could cause your food to back up.

i totally feel u on this...everyday i think i went thru this for nothing..i had surgery on 6/7 and weighed 281..I've been 260 for last two weeks!!!! i can drink like its nothing and i can eat an 8oz yogurt in like ten min...I'm not hungry but when i do eat its not like everyone else i read about..two bites is not filling me.i hope things get better for u...as for me' date=' i chalk this up to just another diet that didn't work:-([/quote']

8 oz? I was told not to ever eat more than 4 oz in a serving...maybe try to cut back on the portion...eat slow and see if you get a full

Feeling after 15-20 mins. I don't feel over full after eating 4 oz. but I feel satisfied...especially w all the Protein. I say up your Protein and see if it helps.

Wow, I am three days out and the scale says that I have gained three pounds :angry: . It hates me! I know in my smart brain that this isn't possible because I will be on clear liquids for three weeks! I guess we are all different and just have to hang in there

Weight gain immediately following surgery is quite common and absolutely nothing to worry about. It can and does happen but it won't last. Focus all of your attention on following the protocol to the letter and stay away from the scales for at least a week, two would be even better. You're gonna love the new you!!

I ate about 1/2 a cup of riccotta with Pasta sauce and some shredded cheese on top yesterday, it only took me about 7 minutes and I did not feel incredibly full.

I'm scared that because I feel like I can eat the same as before, nothing will change. That all of this pain was for nothing!

Congratulations on your weight loss! What you eat, when you eat, how often you eat, how much you eat, Protein - all critically important to your success. How fast you eat is something to consider and work on but not as important as these other factors (in my opinion :-) You can Google "tips for eating slower" and find lots and lots of suggestions for helping you slow down including information on "MyFitnessPal" and "WebMD".

When I made my decision to go with RNY, I was convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that if I followed the protocol, to the letter, it would be medically and scientifically impossible for me not to lose weight. To this day, absolutely nothing has happened to change my thinking. "All for nothing" - simply not possible if you follow the protocol. Is it "easy"? No. Is it "easier"? Beyond any shadow of a doubt. As you've already seen from responses to your post, not everyone is full after two bites. I would go even further and say that the whole journey is different for everyone in many respects. You'll get tons and tons and tons of great ideas from all the great folks on this forum. But as you try different things, always remember that, as they say, "your results may vary". All that means is experiment, try new ideas, find what works best for you and it will take you to where you want to be! Stay focused on following the protocol. Stay active. Stay away from the scales. You're gonna love the new you!!

Still follow your diet and exercise. Also get in your protein! That can contribute to less weight loss :) you may just be loosing slower. It will all work out! :)

thanks, I'm trying but soo discouraged:-(

8 oz? I was told not to ever eat more than 4 oz in a serving...maybe try to cut back on the portion...eat slow and see if you get a full

Feeling after 15-20 mins. I don't feel over full after eating 4 oz. but I feel satisfied...especially w all the Protein. I say up your Protein and see if it helps.

I'm going to try n cut it down to 4 n see

You two sound like this failed and you're only a Lil bit out after surgery. When was the last time a yogurt took u 10 min to eat? Never! Get up and out and excercise!!! This isn't a miracle it's a tool so use it right!

I would make sure to space out food and Water, I tried to have zero liquid at my first meals. My first month consisted of scrambled eggs, Refried Beans, and mashed potatoes w Protein Powder. Protein will sit in your pouch longer, so I tred to play that card and I quit eating as soon as I was satisfied, not full/near vomiting. Good luck! I'm sure your pouch is fine!