Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need To Vent Before I Explode

I'm sorry, but i have no one else to vent to so i am venting here...

/rant on

Ok so my surgeon is great. His staff go over everything with a fine tooth comb and make sure that you will pretty much be approved before anything is sent to the insurance company. I meet all the criteria. I have done everyting asked. I went to my psyc consult almost 2 months ago. I was told they had sent the paperwork to my surgeon's office but i called today and they havnt recieved it. So i called my psych dr office and his secretary said, ohh i'm so sorry he hasnt finished it yet. I am hoping he will be done this week. This is beyond frustrating. I dont understand it.

I am REQUIRED to chart my findings with my patient within 24 hours. WTF! why do they get 2 months to send stuff off?!! I am so flippin irritated!! All i can do is caution people as to what psych consult doc they use. I wanna scream. I have already taken vacation becasue at my job i cant just get time off. Now its looking like at the best maybe august perhaps september for a surgery day because likely he wont get it out today. I want to just scream. How is it that i can do everything when they say and how they say and some jackrabbit gets to lolligag. I could tollerate if it was the insurance company but its not! UGGGG.

I'm sorry. I just joined and already i am being a whiney little .... Anyway sorry for the rant, sorry to dump. Just wanted a spot to dump this into and people wouldnt say "told ya so." See this is why we said not to do this etc etc.

My family has a bad outlook because my mother had stomach staples a long time ago. They broke free and perfed her stomach. They had to do a non elective gastric bypass. Her stomach was removed and now sure she is thin, but she wasnt ready psychologically. She doesnt follow any of the diet, she rarely takes her Vitamins and she has NEVER drank the Protein Shakes. She complains that her hair is falling out, she Dumps ALL THE TIME! but she eats crap and never eats Protein. so everyone things that this is what the surgery means. They dont take the nutritional requirements etc into account.

I look forward to showing all of them that if you take the protein, if you take the vitamins, if you do what your supposed to....You can feel great.

/rant off

Sorry again =/

Not a problem i believe we all need to vent sooner or later during this adventure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RNYTalk

I'm sorry, but i have no one else to vent to so i am venting here...

/rant on

Ok so my surgeon is great. His staff go over everything with a fine tooth comb and make sure that you will pretty much be approved before anything is sent to the insurance company. I meet all the criteria. I have done everyting asked. I went to my psyc consult almost 2 months ago. I was told they had sent the paperwork to my surgeon's office but i called today and they havnt recieved it. So i called my psych dr office and his secretary said, ohh i'm so sorry he hasnt finished it yet. I am hoping he will be done this week. This is beyond frustrating. I dont understand it.

I am REQUIRED to chart my findings with my patient within 24 hours. WTF! why do they get 2 months to send stuff off?!! I am so flippin irritated!! All i can do is caution people as to what psych consult doc they use. I wanna scream. I have already taken vacation becasue at my job i cant just get time off. Now its looking like at the best maybe august perhaps september for a surgery day because likely he wont get it out today. I want to just scream. How is it that i can do everything when they say and how they say and some jackrabbit gets to lolligag. I could tollerate if it was the insurance company but its not! UGGGG.

I'm sorry. I just joined and already i am being a whiney little .... Anyway sorry for the rant, sorry to dump. Just wanted a spot to dump this into and people wouldnt say "told ya so." See this is why we said not to do this etc etc.

My family has a bad outlook because my mother had stomach staples a long time ago. They broke free and perfed her stomach. They had to do a non elective gastric bypass. Her stomach was removed and now sure she is thin, but she wasnt ready psychologically. She doesnt follow any of the diet, she rarely takes her Vitamins and she has NEVER drank the Protein shakes. She complains that her hair is falling out, she Dumps ALL THE TIME! but she eats crap and never eats Protein. so everyone things that this is what the surgery means. They dont take the nutritional requirements etc into account.

I look forward to showing all of them that if you take the protein, if you take the Vitamins, if you do what your supposed to....You can feel great.

/rant off

Sorry again =/

If that had happened to me, the forum wouldn't allow my "vent" because of the language. I'm thinking you showed great restraint!

Hey. I understanding needing to vent. Maybe you can try to get a appointment with the psy again and express to him that you need the paperwork sooner. Or, have someone from your surgeon office call him - that's what happen to me and they got it over super fast.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Ifk why it's taking forever. I did my psycho and the sane week it was send to ny surgeon & a copy to my house. Be nice & sweet and ask them can you please send the eval to my surgeon this been over 2 months ago that I seen you.

thats whats crazy!! My surgeon's nurse has called them twice. This is on top of my now 3 phone calls. At this point i am ready to just go to a different one and pay to have them send it off and tell him that since he failed to provide the entire service i paid for, that he can try to sue me for the $$, but once my insurance company finds out that he is billing for services he hasnt rendered they may be a little more inclined to get their legal involved.

I am trying the nice approach. If i call her on monday and its still not done i am going to tell her that i am going to another psych and to tell the dr. not to worry about sending the PW and to just understand that you can't screw people and charge for it. /shrug

Trying to stay positive

I hope you get the eval back soon! I know how frustrating it is when your surgery is being held up by things beyond your control. If you don't get it by Monday, I'd say more mister nice guy! Good luck

Hey. I understanding needing to vent. Maybe you can try to get a appointment with the psy again and express to him that you need the paperwork sooner. Or, have someone from your surgeon office call him - that's what happen to me and they got it over super fast.

First THANKS EVERYONE for listening to me vent! I did follow your advice kiwiladydee and called my surgeons office. I spoke to my coordinator and told her what was going on and she informed me that not only was she aware but she has been calling them for the last 2 weeks every other day. She said she spoke with the hospitals administration and they are calling tomarrow at noon and if it is not in the mail they are advising him that they will be squeezing me in monday to see their dr. and will have my report in less than 48 hours. Further more they are going to advise him not to bill my insurance since he cant complete paperwork in a timely manner.

She said that she has never had one take this long and its crazy. She was so nice and supportive. i'm glad i called! thank you all again for the advice and the patience.

Yeaaahhhhh! Sounds like they will help you get the ball rolling or trying something else so you do not have to sit there and wait.

I think you had a good idea by going to another doctor. But I would make sure your doctor refers you to them so insurance won't go crazy on you!! I think going to another one will be just as quick!! Hang in there! I finally was approved and my surgeons office nit picked until they had too much information,lol.

On 6/28/2012 at 2:31 AM, dstollery said:

Anyway sorry for the rant, sorry to dump.

Be careful about the use of the word "dump" here--it means something very specific (and very unpleasant) to all of us! 🙂