Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got the ok to take small pills today. Does anyone take citrical? I honestly can't afford the Bariatric Advantage chewables and I know if I have to take 4 a day, it ain't happening. I will totally forget.

If you do take them, are they big? Also, I can't remember if they are the brand that sell petites. Any kind of feed back would be helpful, thanks!

How about the Flintstones chewables the hard ones ( no Gummy ) . They don't cost that much and my dietician said three a day plus Calcium.< /p>

Citracal makes a petite but they are still decent size. Hope the picture helps

post-13656-13813809673383_thumb.jpg

Should work than if not when they do labs u will know if u need to try something else. Dose that have B12 or do u have to do Calcium and b12 separate?

I take the citrical petites. The size might scare you but the coating makes them go down easy. I haven't had a problem ith them.

Thanks ladies. I really appreciate your advise. I think I'm going to try the citrical petites but I should make sure I can actually swallow a pill first. One other question I have that I should have asked at my appointment, how much Water can I drink with a pill? Just a sip? And do I count that as eating or drinking? Ugh So confusing!!

@lynn I take Centrum chewables, two a day and I take my B12 separately from my Calcium.< /p>

How long before I can take these? Just had surgery in the past week and I had always taken them prior to that day.

How long before I can take these? Just had surgery in the past week and I had always taken them prior to that day.

My doctor didn't allow me to take any supplements until the second week after surgery. Your doctor might think differently so I would ask him.

I searched the internet and in my education binder from the office, they can be crushed. I even read several placed where they can be crushed and mixed in Water, still be effective. i plan on crushing them in a little unsweetened applesauce. I bought a big bottle from Sam's for about $7 400ct. I also do Centrum chewables for Multivitamin. They also make a liquid but I don't know how it taste.

I think of all after post op that scares me is getting all the Vitamins in. I have been trying pre op to take them everyday but I find that I forget somedays. That can't happen after surgery I know and the doses will be a lot higher and more so I am going to have to set up some great schedule to go by.

I don't swallow very many pills now, most are chewable or I can open them and put them in liquid. After banding I had a few bad experiences with pills getting stuck so it is now habit to try to get chewable, or liquid or something I can open by habit.

I take B12 by shot once a month. The vial is good for 12 shots and i paid $3.00 after insurance. My husband gives it to me in the arm. Lots cheaper than the pills every week

What I do so I don't forget to talk ALL my vitimans is.... I have little cups that have a twist top and I put the days vitimans in each cup, I make up 7 cups for the week and grab a cup each day when I leave for work and on the weekend I just put the cup out on the kitchen counter and every time I pass thru the kitchen I take a vitiman :) Its easy and I do not miss a day without vitimans. This system really helps for me because I forget everything - LOL