Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Regret The Surgery?

DL I had a 3 oz. thigh in a gravy , and a very little bit of a salad ( like 1/4 cup) . It satisfied me but I still felt the urge to eat more but I didn't. Did u feel that way?

Hey John. In my case it took me a good month before I had any kind of appetite at all and even then it wasn't much. I think it takes a little time for your mind as well as your body to adjust to the physiological changes. There is a difference between being physically hungry vs. "thinking" you're hungry. I did eventually have those times (still do on occasion) and I always fall back to the protocol. In other words, it should take 20-30 minutes for you to eat. After that, no liquids for at least 30 mins. and an hour is even better (but often hard to do) . When it's been long enough, liquids help a lot if you're still hungry. They're very filling. Just remember to sip and go slowly. You can stretch the pouch with liquids just like you can with solids. Minimum of two hours before you eat again and as I mentioned to you, I never go more than four hours without eating something. chicken, fish and turkey are all excellent sources of "solid" Protein (as opposed to shakes and softer foods) and most folks find solid Proteins to be much more filling.

They told us to stop eating "at the first sign of "fullness" in the pouch". Takes a little practice and awareness of what your pouch is saying to you but it quickly becomes automatic. Make sure you log everything that you eat in app and follow the calorie intake recommended by your doctor. It's critically important that the initial setup you do for your app is appropriate for what you're trying to accomplish. For example I set up my app, Tap and Track, to lose two pounds a week and entered in my present and goal weights. It then calculated a diet of roughly 1300 calories a day. Some days I'm under, some I'm over and some I hit it pretty close. I'm still following that exact same plan to this day and I'm almost eight months out. Great tool.

I'm heading out tonight for a five day fishing trip in the Eastern Sierras (broken thumb and all!! LOL). Back on Sunday evening and I'll touch base with you then. You are doing absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to hearing the latest weight loss numbers when I get back. Give that baby a hug for me!!

Panda it sounds like you are doing great. As long as you don't let the negativity get you down you should be ok:-). There is always going to be those people who tall but we just have to rise above it!

No turning back now...and I don't want to :D. Life is too short for regrets...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

DL what app do u use hun?

Have fun DL , I'm gonna adjust the app now. Have a safe trip! Talk to you Sunday!

Today has been a week. (Since surgery.)

So I'm still miserable. I wouldnt say, I regret it.. but I believe I am still in the hardest part of the journey.

I do wonder "why did I do this to myself.." but that's because i am still having a hard time finding comfort, and realizing that this is done.. and over with, I had Bariatric Sugery!

I also believe that, the recovery has been a lot more difficult, then i ever thought it'd be. Pre op, everyone said, 'its tough, but your strong, and you'll make it through it!' Unfortunently I paid more attention to the fact that id make it threw it, Rather then really comprehending how difficult it just may be..

So I guess I may have gotten a little more then I originally bargin'd for. :)

Hope so. :) been up since 5 a.m. with a lot of pain. :/

Very uncomfortable.

I know the beginning sucks but you will get threw. Try and walk it really helped me with my pain. Even if you just walk around your house it will help. The first 3 weeks were the worst for me especially when my family was eating food I cried. I know it seems like forever but it will go fast. Good luck and stay positive:-). I'm 6 months out and feel great stay focused you can do it!

Wooowwww! I would hate yo get you all worked up but I would love to hear you and your late bro-in laws story. Nit just because I'm curious but knowledge is power and there is a lady on this site struggling tremendously due to complications of surgery. Maybe your story can help her find which direction to go in so that her quality of life can improve.

I agree there are ones struggling who could really benefit from knowing what happened!

DL you hit the nail on the head!! I think you should be the president of RNY!!!! I love your approach and attitude !!! I always feel better after hearing from you!! Btw I just left my first post op' date=' I'm down 21.5 lbs since surgery and my dr cleared me for regular food....I'm scared[/quote']

Woo hoo!!!

Excellent vamplover I am pleased for you you look fab xx

I would love to tell my story...but it's way too much HX.

The surgeon didn't do anything wrong , nor did I. There are complications with every SX out there. Some don't don't get discovered Until many years, patients, etc later. I just don't see any of those "stories" here and that concerns me because it's a life altering, good or bad, because someone posted a question, I posted an opinion , 13 years POST OP , and get slammed by negAtive emails. This is why I deleted this app so many times. Just do your homework , and remember this is a sounding board...nothing more. I went about 11 years before I could honestly say, YES I REGRET THIS SX. If my body could survive a reversal, I would.

Thanks.

BaseballMom<br />