Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Received My Revision Date Today - June 6Th

It's been quite a process but, I've finally been given a date for my revision surgery! June 6th they told me today. Zoiks, saw the nutritionist at 8am this morning and within hours after her telling me she gives her approval I got the call. June 6th is the date so far, just need to get a medical surgery approval letter from my PCP and approval from the insurance company. Preop work May 21st and off I go. I'm excited and nervous which I know is natural. Still a scary thought having my inner works re-worked but, I know it's the best choice for me. I did well with my lapband until the dang thing slipped TWICE! So I know I can do this and the proper way to eat etc. I'm so looking forward to losing these extra love handles and getting to a healthier me.

Thank you for your support and friendship here and I look forward to our continued journies together.

Crossing my fingers for all the paperwork to go as it has to :)

Praying for you hun!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Awesome news!

Thank you. I'm very excited and nervous all at the same time. :) Can't wait to have the help to lose weight though.

Sounds like quite a few of us will be headed to the hospital soon:) 12 days away ladies and gents! Zoiks!

June 6th will be the day we all start getting healthier and skinnier. Can't wait to fell better and more energy.

Sounds like we can get a buddy system going here. The countdown is on RNY friends. We have 8 days left.

I'm having issues giving up my responsibilities at work. (sigh) Hubby says it's time for me to take care of me and not worry about what's going on at work. That folks at work will take care of it until I get back. I know he's right and it is time for me to start taking care of myself for myself but, old habits are hard to break. I guess it goes back to when I was living on my own at 18. I've always had to be responsible and make sure I'm always working so I could keep a roof over my head and food on my table. It's just difficult. I was told by my surgeon I'd probably be out of work 3 weeks. I've never even taken 2 weeks together off never mind 3. Zoiks! But, I'm going to follow my surgeon's recommendations and just do it. This is something I need to do for me and it's going to take time to heal.

How are you folks doing?

Ok so I'm really upset tonight. Surgeon called....for the 2nd time my insurance denied my surgery. First time they needed more information and it was provided. This time it was denied because they said I need a supervised diet for 3 months...my surgeon argued with them saying they already gave me the clearance on that by counting her first consult with me as the start time. They changed their mind and agreed to accept it but, she has to write a new letter of some sort explaining that first visit and the care I guess afterwards to equal up to 3 months. The second thing they denied was my surgeons request and explanation of the surgery because they said it didn't include a CPT/Procedure code. So she's re-writing that and including the CPT/Procedure code. The 3rd thing they are denying is the letter of med release from my PCP because she stated I've been a long time patient and would benefit from gastric bypass BUT she didn't put that I was medically released for the surgery. So my surgeon called her office to get a new letter, she's on vacation and the doctor covering for her said I haven't been seen since January so they won't give me the release until I'm seen. I called today to be seen, was given an appt with a NP and thought I was all set. Got a call 3 hours later, 8pm from that office saying someone made a mistake. I can't be seen by a NP because NP's can't give medical releases. That they cancelled my appointment and would leave a message with the office manager to call me. I know that office well enough, I won't get a call until it's too late. I'll have to try calling at 8:15am tomorrow to see if I can get in there, get someone to see me and have them write the letter for med release. Then that letter needs to be faxed to the surgeon's office and then to the insurance in hopes that I get the approval. My surgery is set for next wednesday but, if this stupid appt and letter don't get done tomorrow, I'll probably have to have it postponed. I already have everything in place so my mom can come down to help me out, the hotel across from the hospital is booked so I don't have to travel during rush hour to get there and my friend is staying with me Sunday so my husband can travel to pick up my mom to bring her to our house. UGH! I pray this all falls into place.

Well....I couldn't get in to my PCP's office today. I was told by the secretary that I couldn't see a NP and the covering doctor couldn't give me the medical release that it HAD to come from my PCP. She's on vacation until 6/12 and even then I couldn't get an appointment until June 22. So....I called my Bariatric center again, they said they were going to look into a few things and get back to me. Never got a call but, then received one from my surgeon's office. In the end I was given a date of 7/11 and no one else got back to me so I have to assume now that that is my new date. I'm upset but, nothing I can do about it. I"m at the freaking mercy of "one line" that was missing on my PCP's letter to my insurance. The medical release line. I guess saying I was a long standing patient of the practice who suffers with morbid obesity and hypertension. I feel she would benefit from Gastric Bypass surgery at Tufts Medical with Dr. Abeles..wasn't enough. Unreal! I can really say I HATE Cigna Carelink! I thought I had Tufts Medical insurance but, nooooo I have the plan that is Tufts but, goes through Cigna Carelink. (sigh)

Sorry for complaining.....Its just that I had all my ducks in a row with work, home and help with care and now I have to figure it all out again. Talk about having to practice the DON'T EAT YOUR EMOTIONS stuff! Thank God I've been able to keep that at bay......many months of working that out...at least that's something positive :)

Well....I couldn't get in to my PCP's office today. I was told by the secretary that I couldn't see a NP and the covering doctor couldn't give me the medical release that it HAD to come from my PCP. She's on vacation until 6/12 and even then I couldn't get an appointment until June 22. So....I called my Bariatric center again, they said they were going to look into a few things and get back to me. Never got a call but, then received one from my surgeon's office. In the end I was given a date of 7/11 and no one else got back to me so I have to assume now that that is my new date. I'm upset but, nothing I can do about it. I"m at the freaking mercy of "one line" that was missing on my PCP's letter to my insurance. The medical release line. I guess saying I was a long standing patient of the practice who suffers with morbid obesity and hypertension. I feel she would benefit from Gastric Bypass surgery at Tufts Medical with Dr. Abeles..wasn't enough. Unreal! I can really say I HATE Cigna Carelink! I thought I had Tufts Medical insurance but, nooooo I have the plan that is Tufts but, goes through Cigna Carelink. (sigh)

Sorry for complaining.....Its just that I had all my ducks in a row with work, home and help with care and now I have to figure it all out again. Talk about having to practice the DON'T EAT YOUR EMOTIONS stuff! Thank God I've been able to keep that at bay......many months of working that out...at least that's something positive :)

So How did it go? Did you ever get to have it?