Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your recovery time and what was your menu plan the first couple weeks after your surgery....I am planning on taking off a week of work....I dont have a physical type of job....so I am hoping 1 week will workout for me.... did you do a lot of working out once you were cleared to do so?

I was off for 4weeks. And I asked Evanson for a extra week. I was physically able at 3 wks. But my body was in Ketosis and I needed a extra week to recover from that. I work 12hr shifts. On my feet. You will get your meal plan at your class. You will be on 2oz of week for 8wks. Plus your Protein drinks.

Edited by skinnyjess2013

Hello my fellow HOOOSIERS! I am preparing to have my surgery on the 2oth of this month - I am going thru St. Vincent in Carmel with Dr. Evanson... I have my pre-op and nutrition class next Tuesday, I believe it's a 5.5hr class.... I am getting excited and a little nervous...but the excitement out-weighs the nervousness..... I live in Indy but I am from Vincennes..... Anyone else have Dr. Evanson and how long did your surgery take...I saw on one of the tpost that it took someone 6.5 hrs...I thought they told me it would be no more than a 2hr surgery without complications (which I am trusting there will not be any! hahaha) Would love to chat more about everyone's journey!!!!

Hello fellow SW'er! (: Even leaving our small towns to go to a city we are all always from good ol' SW Indiana! Lived in Dayton Ohio for awhile before having my oldest child but my roots certainly were planted strong down here in Washington!

I have soooooo many questions! I'm glad I found ya'll and I hope you don't think I'm some crazy lady posting all this! Lol

Thankfully I have been able to find/secure medical transport. That has been quite a trip all it's own. There are 3 (that I'm familiar with) available in Washington/Daviess County. One doesn't take Medicaid and one is giving me a serious headache. She refuses me a ride every time she learns who I am. I had a pleasant experience the ONE time they provided me transportation to an appt in Evansville that literally took me 20 minutes, check in and out. I was back home within 2 1/2 hours total. But anyone. The 3rd, was absolutely wonderful when I called to make arrangements for trans to my Psych Eval in Indy next Thursday.

Have any of you experience with Dr. Roth for your eval? What can I expect during this appt? I'm totally used to meeting with a psychologist/psychiatrist so I don't foresee any issues. I have some anxiety issues that I currently see a psych nurse prac for. And Dr. Diaz didn't seem too concerned when I mentioned that I do struggle with anxiety.

Also, I'm interested in your experiences with insurance/approval process... If you aren't comfortable discussing, I totally understand! (: I have Medicaid and Medicare. Reasons being I have ocular histoplasmosis. I'm 99% blind in one eye and have retained around 70% vision in my other by getting Avastin injections to control leaks/hemorrhages. My depth perception is nearly gone, my red reflex is hyperactive, basically it just means I have a hard time seeing different colors against other colors. If it's not black on white, my good eye is realllllllly strained causing stress and usually a leak and I end up with a shot in my eye. With my skill-set, I worked as a glorified secretary in my local welfare office, in a group home, in residential homes, and in fast food, I was deemed disabled. Not exactly where I want to be at 31 yrs old but it's the hand I've been dealt and I'm playing it by ear with encouragement and guidance from God.

Hello my fellow HOOOSIERS!

I am preparing to have my surgery on the 2oth of this month - I am going thru St. Vincent in Carmel with Dr. Evanson...

I have my pre-op and nutrition class next Tuesday, I believe it's a 5.5hr class.... I am getting excited and a little nervous...but the excitement out-weighs the nervousness.....

I live in Indy but I am from Vincennes.....

Anyone else have Dr. Evanson and how long did your surgery take...I saw on one of the tpost that it took someone 6.5 hrs...I thought they told me it would be no more than a 2hr surgery without complications (which I am trusting there will not be any! hahaha)

Would love to chat more about everyone's journey!!!!

I actually was wondering how long it took you to schedule surgery once your insurnace was approved through St Vincent's. I have my final preop appt before submission on Wednesday and just found out I got a new job yesterday. So I would like to have surgery before I start the new position. Thanks for the input.

I believe I had my insurance accepted less than 2 weeks after it was submitted....once that happen, I believe it was about 2 weeks after that...had all my testing done on Christmas Eve and results back that Friday....got my surgery date a week after that....January 20th...so the total time I had to wait once my stuff was accepted was about a month..... Getting very excited and a little nervous...but the excitement totally out weighs everything!!! :rolleyes:

Wow! That seems crazy quick! I have Medicare and Medicaid so I'm afraid that I'm going to have some difficulty with approval. Like I will have to do phys. supervised diet for 3 or 6 months. Or something. I have YEARS of phys. super'd diet but I don't know if they will accept it. I started dieting and meds when I was about 11... 12 yrs old... And I'm now 31... My last recorded diet would have been 5 years ago before I became pregnant with my youngest child.

I just hope and pray mine goes that quickly! (:

Psych eval next Thursday!!!!

I believe I had my insurance accepted less than 2 weeks after it was submitted....once that happen, I believe it was about 2 weeks after that...had all my testing done on Christmas Eve and results back that Friday....got my surgery date a week after that....January 20th...so the total time I had to wait once my stuff was accepted was about a month..... Getting very excited and a little nervous...but the excitement totally out weighs everything!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I have my last appointment on Wednesday with my primary doctor then everything gets sent in. I hope it gets approved quickly due to a new job I'm supposed to be starting next month. They told me I can take time off but I don't want to go in there and work a week then need time off for surgery. I guess it's a wait and see game now

Hello my fellow HOOOSIERS! I am preparing to have my surgery on the 2oth of this month - I am going thru St. Vincent in Carmel with Dr. Evanson... I have my pre-op and nutrition class next Tuesday, I believe it's a 5.5hr class.... I am getting excited and a little nervous...but the excitement out-weighs the nervousness..... I live in Indy but I am from Vincennes..... Anyone else have Dr. Evanson and how long did your surgery take...I saw on one of the tpost that it took someone 6.5 hrs...I thought they told me it would be no more than a 2hr surgery without complications (which I am trusting there will not be any! hahaha) Would love to chat more about everyone's journey!!!!

Hey there! I was sleeved one month ago by Dr. Evanson and I have had zero complications thankfully! My surgery took less than an hour. I really like Dr. Evanson and I have my first month post-op visit this Wednesday. I am in outside sales and I was back to work in a week. I am in and out of the car every day, which was a little discomfort, but I sucked it up and I was fine! As for the nutrition class, you won't have a lunch break... I went to the 8:30 class and got out of there at like 12:15. If you are looking for the meal plan, they would have given that to you on the very first day you went in for your seminar class. You will be on full liquids for the first 4 weeks. I would love to help if you have any further questions!

Thanks Dreamscometrue... I am just ready to get all this going. I have my class tomorrow at 12pm.... How much weight did you loose in the first month?

How long did you stay in the hospital and were you able to hold down your "food" in your first month?

One more question...Did Dr. Evanson put you on a liquid diet before surgery?

I know I go in tomorrow for my Pre-Op class....but I have read where a lot of people have to go on a 2 week liquid diet before surgery....I only have 6 days before I go in for surgery!!!

One more question...Did Dr. Evanson put you on a liquid diet before surgery? I know I go in tomorrow for my Pre-Op class....but I have read where a lot of people have to go on a 2 week liquid diet before surgery....I only have 6 days before I go in for surgery!!!

Hey there :) Nope, Dr. Evanson doesn't put you on a liquid diet for two weeks, just the day before surgery. I was in the hospital for just one night and left the next day around 4ish?? Tomorrow is my 4 week mark and as of today, I believe I was down 32 lbs (8 of those were pre-op). I'm thrilled with the amount of weight I've lost so far. I've been stalled all this week pretty much but am not stressing at all because I knew to expect it and it's better than gaining!! Make sure you take a jacket tomorrow if you typically get cold. Oh, and a drink and a notebook... I made lots of notes :)

I had mine at St. Vincent Carmel too. My doctor is Dr. Huse. Small world. When was your surgery?

Real small world. Dr. Huse was my doctor too. He's such an awesome doctor with a wonderful beside manner. My surgery was Feb. 9, 2011 ... I had the lap roux en y

Wow! That seems crazy quick! I have Medicare and Medicaid so I'm afraid that I'm going to have some difficulty with approval. Like I will have to do phys. supervised diet for 3 or 6 months. Or something. I have YEARS of phys. super'd diet but I don't know if they will accept it. I started dieting and meds when I was about 11... 12 yrs old... And I'm now 31... My last recorded diet would have been 5 years ago before I became pregnant with my youngest child.

I just hope and pray mine goes that quickly! (:

Psych eval next Thursday!!!!

I am on medicaid too and I had to go through the 6 month of supervised dieting in order for them to approve my surgery. However it didn't take the full 6 months to complete because my doctor had previous documentation in my file. So she used that and I only had to actually go through 2 or 3 months worth of the actual supervised dieting vs. 6 months. It all averaged out in the end because all they requested was 6 months of documentation and she had that in my file. So with all the precious documentation you have hopefully your doctor will be able to use some of that like mine did. Best of luck !!! Hang in there ... the start up process always seems to be the longest part because it's a lot of waiting but it's well worth the wait.

Hey is anyone from Indiana or close by?? Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Lowell

I am on medicaid too and I had to go through the 6 month of supervised dieting in order for them to approve my surgery. However it didn't take the full 6 months to complete because my doctor had previous documentation in my file. So she used that and I only had to actually go through 2 or 3 months worth of the actual supervised dieting vs. 6 months. It all averaged out in the end because all they requested was 6 months of documentation and she had that in my file. So with all the precious documentation you have hopefully your doctor will be able to use some of that like mine did. Best of luck !!! Hang in there ... the start up process always seems to be the longest part because it's a lot of waiting but it's well worth the wait.

I'm STILL waiting for my PCP to release my medical records to Dr. Diaz. Ugh! I had to have a sleep study and pulmonary function done before she'd even consider it. It's gone by super fast so I guess it's not so bad having to tackle these hurdles. I'm an impatient patient! Lol