Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in Jeffersonville, IN. I have had pre op testing completed, EGD, Blood Work, X-ray, and EEG. Due to an insurance change I have to complete a 3-6 month supervised diet now. Looking forward to the bypass. So ready for this life changing procedure!!!

Hi I'm from Mooresville, having surgery Nov 2 at St Vincent Carmel with Dr Cacucci, I been trying to get this surgery for several years finally got approved I need a double hip replacement and the hip Dr wouldn't do it till I lost weight and being as I can't hardly walk he said barriactric surgery would be the only way I would be able to loose the amount of weight I need to loose!

I am just NORTH of you near Camby!

Hi I'm Tina and I'm on the westside of Indianapolis. Just had my surgery went well but I do have a large incision because I had a belly button hernia which was very BA . I'm doin good tho and will be in hospital little longer cause of the incision

I'm from a little further east of Indianapolis, about halfway between Indy & Richmond. I had Dr Margaret Inman do a lap RouxNY at St V Carmel on Jan 31, 2007. All went well and I lost to my goal weight within 8-9 months or so. I maintained that weight as I struggled with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (both of which existed prior to my WLS). About six and a half years after my surgery, I began dropping below my goal weight for no apparent reason. It wasn't super long until I began vomiting nearly everything I ate or drank. I returned to Dr Inman's office where they told me they suspected that I had an ulcer. A large ulcer near the gastric outlet was confirmed with an endoscopy, and because my weight was down to 104#, I had a PICC line placed and received home therapy of TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) a double sized IV bag containing a milky solution that infused over 24 hours. That, along with IV Protonix was just the ticket! It wasn't an overnight thing, but after 8 weeks, I was able to eat and drink without any nausea or vomiting, and I was gradually gaining weight to get back to my goal. That was the weirdest thing ever! I'd worked hard to LOSE weight my whole life, so working to GAIN it seemed crazy to me! Anyway, all of that resolved and I was doing well with my WLS issues. The Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue were rampant, tho. Any type of stressor gets that all jacked up!

About 18 months ago, I started having vomiting troubles again. An endoscopy showed that the ulcer remained healed, but that the outlet was constricted. They stretched it by inflating a balloon inside it. That seemed to help for a couple of weeks, or maybe a little more. I tried altering my diet in an effort to resolve the problem, without success. Another endoscopy showed the same thing, and another dilation of the gastric outlet temporarily fixed it. This past October was the last endoscopy I had, with the same temporary stretch. In November I had an imaging study to follow the liquids & solids after I swallowed them. The radiologist said the gastric outlet was very narrow, and my pouch was "generously sized" as a result. Also, I'd gained about 40# over the last couple of years.

So... the decision was made to do a revision of my RouxNY and resect the area of scar tissue that keeps tightening the outlet. I had all of the workup done and attended my pre-op nutrition class. I'm scheduled for the revision surgery 10 years to the day after the original surgery, and I'm soooo hopeful that it will be a big success! I believe my Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue were "stirred up" from the couple of major surgeries within a year or so, as well as the big weight loss and nutrient deficiencies from the ulcer! I feel like I've got a second lease on life!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App