Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Hey Guys!

Hellvez- Congrats on joining us. Glad it went well. Good luck on your journey.

Woodguy- Hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

JamesA- Glad to hear you're turning it around. I fight head hunger at night. I think staying busy really helps.

Dave- Hang in there buddy. Most of us went throught the time when we could eat anything. The first fill helped me, the second has been good so far. I could probably use a tiny bit more but will wait a couple more weeks.

Jake- I started with a hand full of people knowing. Now, almost everyone knows. No big deal and frankly, I don't give a rat's behind what they think. I've done the diets to lose weight. I've done the heavy workouts (ok, in my twenties) to lose weight. Still, five months ago I was "Morbidly Obese". I'm hoping that staying active (light exercise) and eating reasonable and with a little help from the band, I can get to and maintain a healthy weight.

Stand Strong Brothers of the Band!

Bruce

hey chris where u getting it done at? what doc?

Dr. Washington at Centre State Hospital in Freehold. I can't wait I am getting a little nervous. Its supposed to be on the 9th. He may postpone it 2 weeks if I can't loose another 10 lbs by then :faint:. I should be good though.

Surgery today

<HR SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I found this site a few days ago. Please let me introduce myself. My friends call me Ray, but I chose the name elkhunter for this board. I have never been elk hunting, because there is no way I could climb around in the mountains with a pack and a rifle at my present size. My goal is to be physically able to do so, and to carry out elk quarters if successful. I realize not all of you may like hunting, but I love it, and that can be a different discussion sometime.

I am male, 6 foot 1 inch, 336 pounds, (all-time high was 340), 52 years old, and have struggled with weight since junior high.

My surgery is tomorrow at 8:30am at Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Meriam Kansas. My surgeon is Dr. C. Thomas Hitchcock. He has performed over 100 lap band procedures, and no has died, so that's good.

I have been on sugar-free liquids only since I got up Monday, so I am blaming any misspellings and grammatical errors on my headache (don't know what I'll blame next time).

Any last-minute words of encouragement or advice would be most welcome. Hopefully we can all help and encourage one another as we take this journey.

Thank you in advance,

Ray

elkhunter

My surgery went well. I got home about 2pm. My largest incision hurts, and my throat is very sore from being intubated. The doctor said only clear, sugar-free liquids for a week. I got the large (10CC) band.

I think the volleyball tounament I was planning for this evening is not going to happen.smile.gif

Now I need to learn how to put on one of those graphs to show my loss.

Thank you for you support,

Ray

These are copies of my posts on the intoductions thread. Now I have found the guys only thread. I have one suggestion- maybe we should put our heights along with our weights to put things in perspective.

Ray

Just remember, don't gulp your liquids and when you get some soft food, little bites. The gulping can cause a lot of pain. Have fun. I'm glad I did it. Now go walk.

Congratulations JohnnyRay! Ah yes, the gas... It will eventually go away.

Great pictures Pat! Looking good 4 weeks out...

Ray- Welcome. Many of us put our BMI in our signature. BMI takes height and weight into consideration.

I'm kind of pumped up today as I've reached my halfway point to my goal. Weight loss has slowed lately, but when I think about how I was feeling 5 months ago, it motivates me to keep going...

Have a great weekend guys!

Bruce

how did your banding go? i was banded at the end of aug here in portland or but my partner just got banded 2 weeks ago in Tijuana by Dr Ortiz. He actually had been doing much better during his recovery process than i did. How did yours go?

Maury

Just got my surg. date set for June 20th. I have been going at this since Jan. finaly everything got aproved .

How did you feel when you got your date ? releif or worried ? It realy hasn't set in yet but I keep thinking of my last supper. :cry

I am trying to keep my mind off of this because it is something I realy want. I went this far and not turning back . I thought about backing out and trying it again myself but it will never work I know that.(diet) .

So was it a happy day or somber one for the surg. date notification.

Njwhitetail

I actually went thru all of the pre-surgery stuff and two weeks before my surgery i cancelled. Then 1.5yrs later decided to do the surgery since i couldn't do it on my own. So when I got my second surgery date i was excited. I just wanted to get it down. And as of today I have lost 88 lbs since august 27th.

I didn't have to wait very long. I decided on the surgery after regaining all the weight I loss on Medifast, so I really didn't have any second thoughts. I had my date set up, for about 6 weeks after I decided on the lapband. Fortunately, all the insurance approval went without a hitch, and was Banded May 2nd.

Believe me, the time will go fast until your surgery, and it will be worth it!

thanks johnyray and maury97211 for your replys. I am realy looking forward to the date but very nervis . I can come to terms with the six week waite but wow what a long time to wants something. I am now looking forward to the long hall .

<p><p>Hey NJWhitetail i just got my date 24th of this month...Where u going to get it done? im going to Virtua hospital....let me know if your getting it done there...i want to go to atleast one support group before i get it done.. good luck</p></p>

Jake

I'm getting it done in the Alantic city hospital. I know it is short notice but they have a lap band support group on Wed. may 9th at 6:30 pm. in Egg harbor twp. I will be their I live about a hour away .

larry

I had my 5th fill yesterday and I now have 8cc in my VG band. The last fill brought me to 6.5 and I enjoyed good restriction for about 2 weeks. Within those 2 weeks I lost 18 pounds - and gained most of it back when the restriction was gone. Jeez, I can't be trusted...

I can definitely feel the band now - tight.

It looks like I'll be getting a gym membership this week and start sweating. Does anyone have a workout routine? I used to lift weights quite a bit but wouldn't mind any new suggestions.