Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Optifasters

This is day one for me and 13 to go. I guess I'm feeling pretty lucky that there are only 13 left - not 20. Cheers to you susannah or anyone else who's doing 3 weeks! I'm using a magic bullet to mix my drinks with lots of ice. It gets really smooth like a milk shake. Optifast is not as horrid as I'd imagined but I still gulp it down as quickly as possible and try not to breath in through my nose. Try sugar-free Jello puddings in the blender if you like pudding. My favorite meal is the veggies.

You should be able to buy sugar free vanilla at Star Bucks or 2nd Cup. Some grocery stores may stock them as well. They were much more plentiful when the low carb craze was going on, since then many grocery chains have discontinued stocking low carb items. You can also purchase them online, just search "low carb syrups or sugar free".

I've tried most of them, Chai Tea, chocolate, Vanilla, Cherry, Caramel, Almond to name a few and they are terrific. Good luck to all the pre-op Optifasters starting this week! Just think - you're another day closer to surgery - now that's a good thing!

:clap2:

Janice

Good Luck to you all!!!

Dame J, I'm not sure how to blend it for work. I once tried it without the blender and it wasnt very nice. Are those magic bullets small?

To all of you guys, after the day 3 headache, you are going to start to feel real good and the weight will start coming off too. Hang in there!!!

Cloe,so glad to hear the headache pain is from this I thought I was coming down with something or had a wicked hangover but did'nt remember drinking,so it will end soon? This morning I woke up very hungry and after my first shake today,I feel I need something else,does this hunger subside as time goes on?I hope I don't sound whiney I know we can all see the "goal line" it's just a tough day:( ....time for a walk.

Astrotoes: yup, the wicked headaches will eventually subside as your body gets used to the no carb thing....think of it as a drug addict going thru withdrawal...that is truly what your body is experiencing....but it is easier knowing the "why" behind it...just stick with it and I promise it will get better. Also, the literal hunger pangs will eventually subside as well...they didn't go away for me but they do subside once your body realizes that it's whinin' ain't gonna get it any more food!! LOL. Now, I could be wrong, maybe they pangs don't really subside per say...but you sorta start to ignore it and forget about it, ya know?

One thing I kept telling myself....everytime I felt a hunger pang/pain...I'd smile and think..."hahahahaha....my body is now burning fat cause it isn't gettin' fed"....that helped!!!

Good luck all.

The hunger will absolutely go away. I remember on day 6 or 7 I only had two shakes that day, I just couldn't do the third shake. That sounds funny. Really I think your tummy shrinks quickly. Hang in there, take some advil, chew on celery, whatever you gotta do.

Be strong!!

thanks guys,this morning is a little more torture then normal simply cause dh invited business contacts to the house for a morning meeting...and I'm making forest ham/apple/cheeses/ and cracker trays....and believe me they never looked so good! argggggg.Oh well I'll :) and pretend that I'm completely happy with my black coffee :mad:

Hummm I will have to look into this magic bullet. First I will probably see how bad (or hopefully good) the opti tastes when is shaken up in a bottle with some flavour. I guess we shall see. :phanvan

I totally forgot about the Benefibre. On my Optifast sheet from the Dr's office it says to take Benefibre. Is anyone else here taking the Benefibre or something similar? I remember my grandmother always taking it. :mad: Anyway I was just wondering what a good kind to get is. They have chewable or just the powder. The vetrans out there who have already done this did you find the fibre helped out?

I used Benefibre every day on my pre-op and even now I'll use it now and then. I like it because it is powery and it has no taste, no smell, and blends completely invisible. It works good, but make sure you drink tons of Water too.

Thanks Cloe!

Don't mean to pester you with questions but how often do you take it a day? The package of Benefibre say 1 - 3 times for an adult.

I have the powder Benefiber, and the chewable. Don't get the chewable!!! I got lazy and thought I'd do chewables. But they're gross. There's no reason you can't mix the benefiber into anything you drink, OR eat during the day.. You have to drink at least a couple times a day, right? I for sure take it once a day. More if I remember. I put some in my Water bottle in the morning before I go to work.. and then I start drinking that after I finish my coffee. (can't even taste, or tell its there even in water) I just started, again, so I don't know how well that alone is working.

Dame - for sure try the bullet! I used it every time!!!

I also eventually got not hungry with the Optifast. I got to the point where I was drinking one a day, because either I wasn't hungry enough, or I just couldn't take it anymore!! I think a combination of the two :rolleyes:

I still take benefibre (powder) every day in the morning in my drink....you get a good deal on it at costco.< /p>

Do not buy the chewable benefibre......yuk, I wish I'd have got the other stuff but I so baddly wanted to chew I thought they looked good...how sad is that,omg the Optifast is getting to me:help: .Just kidding.