Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I checked my referral status on the internet and it was approved. I should get a date soon. I was wondering if the insurance can baxk out on the decision. I dont want to get to excited for them to say so.

Congratulations!! I know u almost hate to get excited to protect yourself from disappointment. I've never heard of insurance changing their mind. I would defiantly wait till you have something in writing, but this is a great sign!!! Congrats. Let us know of your date when u get it set.

I am scheduled for surgery May 2. I am excited and cant believe its really happening!!

My surgery is scheduled for May 1. I start the prep liquid diet this Tuesday. Kind of scared.

Congrats. I hope everything goes great. I am nervous and excited. Hope I can be successful.

I hope I have that much success. My biggest fear is not losing. I am looking to lose 130.

Got the call yesterday and they gave me a surgery date of April 30th. It almost seems too soon! I'm going through a lot of emotions right now, excitement, elation, mixed in with sheer terror! I still haven't told my employer and I'm getting head shakes and eye rolls at home. I feel like my significant other is seeing this as a nuisance and inconvenience to him but something inside is telling me I HAVE to do this now. Wonder if anyone else has dealt with the same kind of reaction? He told me he would be supportive and accepted my decision but I could really use a little moral support right now!

I have had the same reactions. I am 20 years old. My husband says he is supportive but dont say much else. When I found out my date he acted upset that I am going thru with it. My dad is worried and against it. Yhe only person with me 100% is my mom. Hope things get better anf it will be a success.

My date is April 23rd. I didn't tell my whole family. I told one of my sisters, my mom, my cousin were like sisters and my boy friend. Everyone has a right to their own opinion that's why I didn't tell many people. I don't need the negativity. At first my boyfriend was against it . He said he loves me just the way I am. I told him if I didn't do this I might not be around for him to love. I am doing this for health reasons not beauty. When they start seeing the weight loss I will tell them then. My support system has been great. I understand your dilemma but you have to think about your health. If you've tried and tried and haven't succeeded you have to do what's right for you. I wish you the best and I hope you make the right decision.

Thanks for your replies guys... It means a lot to me.

Tomorrow I let my bosses know I'm having surgery but I'm not going to tell them what for. I work for a large corporation so I'm hoping at least they follow privacy rules. My biggest concern is my coworkers gossiping about me and my work "friends" digging for details. Lol!

I'm not really one for mixing my work and private life and this is such a personal thing.

As for my fella, I informed him this afternoon that tomorrow I start my liquid diet and he just sighed a deep sigh and said "ok" and started cooking a big dinner.

Thanks for your replies guys... It means a lot to me.

Tomorrow I let my bosses know I'm having surgery but I'm not going to tell them what for. I work for a large corporation so I'm hoping at least they follow privacy rules. My biggest concern is my coworkers gossiping about me and my work "friends" digging for details. Lol!

I'm not really one for mixing my work and private life and this is such a personal thing.

As for my fella' date=' I informed him this afternoon that tomorrow I start my liquid diet and he just sighed a deep sigh and said "ok" and started cooking a big dinner.

[/quote']

I think it is a Heppa Violation to ask for An employer to ask for details although they might ask for a doctor note to document the need for time off. If they do just ask your doctor to generally state you are having surgery and note the date range you will need for recovery.

I didn't tell anyone at work I had it either. I simply said I was sick and neded surgery. If they drill for additional information just say it is not anything you fare to discuss.

My hubby was fine with me having the surgery but my mother definitely was not. She tried to talk me out of it every time we talked. But now that she sees all is fine and I look great she is thankful I made my own choice.

Your guy is having conflicting emotions. He is likely scared for you wondering if all will go well and more than likely scared that when you loose weight you may change and not want to be with him anymore. All of that is normal. Keep your eye on the reward and simply do it for yourself!