Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Help Each Other On Those Bad Days

Did anyone recovery take longer than they thought? I'm still waiting for my first good day since the surgery. The surgery pain is getting better but I have a kidney infection that is killing me. I can't take pill antiobitics and this liquid stuff is super disgusting! I'm still in search for my Protein Shakes that I can drink or smell. I've bought five so far and not lucky.

Had a serious lap in judgment today was out with hubby and kids and ate a kids cheeseburger from mcdonalds I am feeling so guilty what was I thinking ugh!

surgery date: 2/18/2012

Don't worry about it to much you have aobg way till surgery but instead of the kids cheese burger why didn't you buy a salad & Water. Of course I know burger is tasty but remember salad have chicken & chicken is good & you add any dressing. I regret not eTing one mire time in UNO restaurant steak tips & double mash & from the truck in the city Dominican food. I has surgery already so Bo turning bCk but looking forward to one day eating normal with out over doing it.

I was stupid shouldn't have gone there any ways then hubby lastnight made me feel guilty for it and it was his idea. I can't eat chicken it makes me puke so does fish If I eat meat it's been ground hamburger or steak. I went to gym this morning and worked my Buns off no Micky d's lapse here anymore.

I was stupid shouldn't have gone there any ways then hubby lastnight made me feel guilty for it and it was his idea. I can't eat chicken it makes me puke so does fish If I eat meat it's been ground hamburger or steak. I went to gym this morning and worked my Buns off no Micky d's lapse here anymore.

Successful weight loss is absolutely not synonomous with being some kind of super hero. Whether you're pre-op, post-op or at any other stage, there are going to be times when you can and should allow yourself some simple pleasure. It may be a special occasion, birthday, anniversary, romantic dinner, holiday, or something as simple as an outing with the family. It's all part of life and more importantly, part of living your life. Relish those moments! It is not a tragedy or the end of the world. I believe that beating yourself up over the occasional indulgence has the very real potential to be much more damaging to your long term success than simply allowing yourself to be human. Celebrate your past and future success! Congratulations on ordering a "kids" cheeseburger! Way to go! And hitting the gym the next day with a little extra effort - great job!! You're gonna love the new you!!

Has anybody experienced dizzy spells? I have having them off and on

My blood pressure dropped like a rock following surgery. I was fortunate not to have any problems with dizzyness but the bp held around 85/50 for quite a while before returning to normal. You might want to check with your doctor and see if yours is a little low.

Has anybody experienced dizzy spells? I have having them off and on

I have been.

Dizziness can be a sign of dehydration. Make sure you're getting your fluids in and to call your surgeon/bariatric center right away. You could be low on other Vitamins as well so best to give them a call :)

Dizziness can be a sign of dehydration. Make sure you're getting your fluids in and to call your surgeon/bariatric center right away. You could be low on other Vitamins as well so best to give them a call :)

Really? I thought I was drinking enough Water.

If you know you're drinking enough Water Mami then definitely call your surgeon if it's continuing. You could need some other supplement so better safe than sorry.

If you know you're drinking enough Water Mami then definitely call your surgeon if it's continuing. You could need some other supplement so better safe than sorry.

True can't live on crackers and Water. Gonna try a shake and see how that goes since I'm not getting nutrition from cracker &' water.

mami....where you had your surgery done...don't they have you work with a nutritionist? Give them a call and they'll have you find foods that work for you and will help you get your Protein in.

mami....where you had your surgery done...don't they have you work with a nutritionist? Give them a call and they'll have you find foods that work for you and will help you get your Protein in.

I had surgery in the city. I have an appointment with the nutrionist next month. The one from the hospital will cost me one hundred dollars which I don't have to give away.

How are you doing now Mami with eating? Have you been able to keep anything down?

How are you doing now Mami with eating? Have you been able to keep anything down?

Thanks for your concern. I'm doing good with eating,but I sometimes forget to chew well & out it goes. I'm holding food down well. I'm avoiding my cooking because I fried a lot of food & make a lot of rice. I'm eating fruits. Haven't yet try salad but it's on my list.