Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you exercise?

How often do you exercise a week?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise a week?

• Once a week
    • Twice a week
    • 3 times a week
    • 4 times a week
    • 5 times a week
    • 6 times a week
    • 7 times a week
    • 7+ times a week
    • I haven't started exercising yet

About seven times a week at the moment.

I really want to run, but my husband wants companionship and support in exercising too. I was building on my distances, going on 10km + runs, and sometimes we go where he walks really fast and I jog beside him - he has much longer legs than me!

But often I do a short 5km run on the treadmill to get the hard aerobic part of my workout done, and then we might walk 8kms or so later than night when Doug's home. So its at least seven "sessions" per week, although I might have a day off here or there but I've often done two sessions in one day.

Relatively new bandster here...does anyone use a treadmill to walk every day? I have a chance to get one at a reasonable price...thought it might help when it is cold outside. And convenient as well. Anyone tried this for exercise?

travelbug, walking is a great low impact exercise for you to start with, and the good thing with a treadmill is that you can increase the intensity to jogging and running as your fitness improves. I personally prefer to mix it up a bit and use the rower, elliptical machine and exercise bike at the gym to keep it interesting, but if you have access to a treadmill and walking interests you, then go for it!!! Every little bit of exercise counts! good luck!

I progressed from walking to running on a treadmill, the cushioned surface made it easy to do at a higher weight without killing my knees and ankles, no embarrassment at being seen running in public, no excuses, it fit into my daily routine so easily, and a good treadie run is still my fallback when I'm too busy to head out for an hour. I can do it safely at 9.30 at night if that's the only time I have for it.

I also have a few treadmill programs - www.treadmoves.com, these DVD's are AWESOME fun!

I always use music if I'm just running and I can do an interval style program on my treadmill or just a long steady run.

I run longer outside because the boredom doesnt set in so I try to do my 10km runs outside once or twice a week and am happy to do shorter ones the rest of the week on the treadmill.

This all applies equally to walking of course.

Relatively new bandster here...does anyone use a treadmill to walk every day? I have a chance to get one at a reasonable price...thought it might help when it is cold outside. And convenient as well. Anyone tried this for exercise?

I use a treadmill 6 times a week in the morning for 1/2 hour, then weights about 4 nights a week to tone my arms and chest. I really need to start working on my abs, I'm just avoiding it.

The treadmill has been great. I can actually feel my body changing. There are muscles where there used to be flab!:biggrin1:

travelbug - I use my treadmill everyday. I can't say I LOVE it but it works for me.

I had broke my knee cap just a month before my surgery so I wasn't able to start right away after the band, I had to wait about a month to get the release from the bone doc. So I started slow, the first week I did 10 minutes, the 2nd I did 15, 3rd 20 and now I'm almost done with my 4th week at 25 minutes. I watch tv while I walk. Then I do my version of pilates, mainly just toning, and crunches for about 10 minutes. I also just started walking 2 nights a week at the school, on an indoor track. I'm very proud of myself for keeping this up for 4 weeks since my exercise history isn't something to be proud of. I also am buying a set of xcountry skiis - so I'm going to add that.

One of my ultimate goals is to waterski. We have a speed boat and every year i'm the "watcher" - I tried about 5 years ago and couldn't get my fat butt out of the Water so I'm hoping if I'm 70 lbs lighter I'll be able to do it. My main goal for the band is not only to lose the weight but to become healthier all around and to be able to do fun things like ride a bike and waterski. I'm not out to run a marathon but I do want to have fun.

I workout 5 times a week. I use this great 3 mile walking exercise. I love it. It's on On Demand. I am soaked after the workout. After that I do my situps and all the muscle type workouts. Like arms,abs,tush, and legs. I do about an hour in total. I feel so much healthier now but, I wish I was losing a bit more. My doctor says I am right on track. I lose about one pound a week I would like it to be two. I will just keep on.

I snow ski at least 4 times a week - usually for only 3-4 hours - i've never been able to ski for the whole day cuz i get too cold but I love Love Love it. I alsojust signed up for a boot camp class m, wed, and fridays. I am not the most consistent person but when i exercise i love it.

Nothing for me but daily running around. As I lost weight, I could do more running around. As I lost weight, I was definitely more active. So my weight loss came from just daily moving and doing.

Marys - FUN! I wish I could ski right now. I just had a lower body lift and can't freakin do anything except non-impact exercise that don't involve your abs.

I'm going to start training for a triathlon in 3 weeks, though. It will require 2 hours of exercise a day! I don't know how I'm going to fit it in, but it's going to have to happen cause the triathlon's paid for!

Hey pudding - just wanted to say in my younger fitter days i did triatholons too - if you can, start with the sprint distance then move up. With training you can do it and you will have so much fun. I still watch the ironman shows on tv and just cry - the stories are so inspiring. Good luck, train smart and have fun!

Hey Marys - I'm doing the sprint in May by my house, then at the end of June I'm doing the olympic in Edmonton. I'm starting my 16-week training program in 4 weeks, and until then I'm building up to it (had a lower body lift 3.5 weeks ago). I'm recruiting people to come with me! So if any of y'all are interested in going, let me know!

I do light free weights with my DH every other night---I don't likely lift anymore than I could have when I was at my high weight, but I can now SEE the definition! Woo Hoo!!! I also go to Curves on the off days from lifting. And I walk minimally a mile and a half each night...cold & wet I do it on the DREADmill---nice outside, I walk out there. I now miss moving if I don't do something. Who would have ever imagined that???

Kat