Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay ... I'm trying to work the kinks out so we can get our post-Baby Boomer Chat Room back up and running for the few of us that will be using it. So here's the deal, I wrote a post for the thread we're all going to use (like FB). It's the Boomer Chat Room. Look down the left column and you will see a section called "Latest Posts." That's where you'll find out who posted last. I hope you all check in and find it.To make sure you get email notifications on this thread, click "Follow this topic" at the top of Boomer Chat Room column. Be sure you've set up your settings to receive notifications by email.

Sounds good! Hope we can get some people to join us here.

Coco,

As you can see, our friend Jean is now a member. Write something!

Jean, so post already! :)

Ok....here goes: Hello to everyone! I was sleeved on 5/5/13. Starting weight 196, current weight 158. I love my sleeve! I have never had any kind of complication or problem. I think I could tolerate eating anything...Now, if only I liked meat I would be set. I am trying my best to eat some of the nasty stuff every day. My preferred Proteins are the Protein Drinks like Unjury and Premier Protein in vanilla, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. I do like chicken breast grilled or baked (boneless and skinless) but I get tired of it. We are heaving grilled steak for dinner tonight. I hate it but will try to eat an ounce.......

Way to go, Jean! Good idea to "tell your story" so everyone can catch up to where you are.

Congrats on your near 40 lb. weight loss! You are a true inspiration to others as to how to have a pain-free, easy going time of it. Why do you think that is? Is there anything you can pinpoint as something you did ... or a way that you thought ... that made things go so smoothly for you. Only a treasured few have that kind of success. So give us a clue, Jean.

Have you remembered to click "Follow this topic" at the top of this column and all others?

Since you're retired and have no real job, I'm gonna assign you one. I can do that 'cause I own this group! LOL. We need everyone to post something about themselves or their journey, like you did. We also need to amp up the interest in this group by urging members to RESPOND TO EVERY POST.

The only way this fledging group will work is if we all contribute to it. Write about ourselves AND SUPPORT OTHERS WHO WRITE. Often, we forget how important it is to get feedback after we've posted something.

So, I'm gonna show you what I mean. I'm gonna send everyone a message from FB on this issue, urging everyone to read what's been posted and respond to every post.

When you think about it, it's not really that hard to do. But we all tend to just think about what's on our mind and write about that.

In order for this group to work, everyone should reply to every post! And visit this site daily, look down the LEFT COLUMN for LATEST POSTS, and reply to each.

Since you replied to a "News" item, I'm not sure that notice of your reply will appear.

I'm glad you did, but from now on we need to put all our posts in the Boomer Chat Room.

So, my friend, will you be the Supervisor of Content? And keep kicking ... err nudging ... people to reply to each new post?

Right now, I've written a couple of posts today and so has Faye (SouthernSoul). So your mission today, if you accept it LOL, is to write 2 replies and check the page daily to see if others are replying as well.

I hope that's not too much to ask.

Ok....here goes: Hello to everyone! I was sleeved on 5/5/13. Starting weight 196, current weight 158. I love my sleeve! I have never had any kind of complication or problem. I think I could tolerate eating anything...Now, if only I liked meat I would be set. I am trying my best to eat some of the nasty stuff every day. My preferred Proteins are the Protein drinks like Unjury and Premier Protein in vanilla, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. I do like chicken breast grilled or baked (boneless and skinless) but I get tired of it. We are heaving grilled steak for dinner tonight. I hate it but will try to eat an ounce.......

Hi Jeanie, congratulations on being successful with your sleeve. I have not had any problems either since surgery, so I really feel blessed. I still have to take my Prilosec everyday, but other than that, I can eat anything with no problems either. I am now 6 months out and still can't eat more than 2 oz of solid meat at a time though. I tend to eat other proteins more too. I hope I can continue to lose and reach my goal. It has been slow going for me.

Greetings to all,

I am so happy that is group is back up and running, it has been way too long. I just want to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Cheryl and I had my WLS on March 11, 2013. It is hard to believe that after waiting 3 years to decide if I would go thru with this surgery that now I am 6 months post op. My starting weight was 331 pounds and I now weigh 241, I have loss 90 pounds already. I am going to work hard in the month of October to reach my goal of 100 pound weight loss. I feel like the little red train just shugging along and telling myself yes I can, yes I can, yes I can. I am trying so hard to get as much weight off of me my first year post op so that my second year I can work on getting any left over weight off of me to reach my goal. My goal is to drop a total of 180 pounds. I look forward to learning from all of you and if I can help you please let me know. WE are all in this together and I wish all of you much success.

Hooray!

We're posting! Good job Coco and Cheryl. Now all we need to do is put these posts under the Boomer Chat Room so we can all go to 1 place to read them.

Not everyone thinks of looking at comments. But I'm sure glad you did ... me, too, so I could read what you guys wrote.

More later. I'm gonna take a li'l nap and get ready for 2 great programs. 1) The Voice on NBC at 8 CST, and 2) followed by Blacklist with James Spader - really terrific new show!

Hey Sassy how are you? The weather in Florida is a little better these days. Our Fall season starts Oct. 15th we are now in the upper 80's instead of upper 90s all the time. Starting to do more walking outdoors. Hooray.

Finally figured out how to get here and post!! My name is Bee and I'll be sleeved in a few weeks. Looking forward to sharing stories and support. I'm in Texas.