Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week Post op and Feeling good!

Hi All,

7 days past banding and feeling sooo much better today. yesterday was my first day "out and about" and was really tired. But ready to go today. I am so excited and feeling positive that I made the right decision for me.

Good luck to all those concidering the band, I say GO FOR IT!

YEEEAAHHH! I know how you feel! I am 2 weeks post op and feel normal again. The only way I know I am banded is I can't drink more than 1 cup, even less sometimes.

I never knew it would be so easy!!!

your stats are very similar to mine, height, weight, and bmi. How is is going? I am concerned that with a low bmi I will not get anywhere with this, and that I will feel really crummy because of low food intake.

How do you feel? I admire your guts in doing this! how about a report?

Boston Sue

Susan,

my BMI was 39.5, so not so low! I had/have high blood pressure,high cholestral, acid reflux and the beginnings of diabetes. It was actually my PCP that suggested Lap Band. Not because he does it, but he has had several patients get the band and be successful. He told me after being overweight for 35 years and yo-yo dieting with no long term success, that if I could get this weight off and keep it off, I could most likely get rid of the four pills a day I'm taking for the co-morbidities. I figured that if I was taking 4 pills a day at 52, what was I going to be taking at 62??? My mom took handfuls of pills the last 10 years of her life and died at 61 of renal failure. I HATE TAKING PILLS!!

I'm really doing quite well, 9 days post-op. I got a litttle over confident in the past 2 days and screwed up by eating mushies too soon and lifting a bag of dogfood I shouldn't have. Had to call the doc last night because one of my incisions was bleeding! Guess I put too much pressure on the glue and broke it open. It's fine now. I did feel crappy for a few days and was worried that I wasn't getting enough protein/nutrition. The docs office told me not to worry about that for the first several days as long as I was careful not to get dehydrated. I'm still not getting the 40-60 grams of Protein but I feel fine and have plenty of energy.

I really don't have any fantasies that lapband will be a miracle for me. I really do understand that I still have to do the work. I just hope that it will be enough of a help to get me through. I want to be around for a while yet and at the rate I was going, wasn't going to get to see my as yet unborn grandchildren grow up! I am a person that loves food, has a very slow metabolism and doesn't get much exercise. I hope to become addicted to exercise like I am now addicted to food. Everyone tells me it get easier when you're not carrying around an extra 100 pounds.... sounds logical to me! LOL!

Thanks for your interest and good luck. Would be happy to answer any more questions you might have.

Dear Chick,

thanks for your reply--we are age mates! I feel as you do, at age 52, with my knee and hip joints hurting, what will life be like in the future if I do not get this weight off?

You are losing pretty fast now--I guess you are still doing liquids and will move on t mush soon. How is your energy level? Are you craving food? Does "hunger" as you knew it go away, to be replace by feeling full (in your gut) but hungry in your blood sugar?

I wonder what it feels like?

I am aiming for early March,

Susan