Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Judgemental people in the field

Maybe I'm too sensitive but I swear the woman who answers the phone at my surgeons office is judgmental! Maybe she's just a rude person to everyone but come on.

We are going through a hard time, this is huge and emotional, and to be treated like you are stupid and bothering them is really annoying to me.

When I called after my first denial she didn't show an ounce of empathy or anything. She acted like I was bothering and just said "well you just need to do the six month diet". I told her I had already done Weight Watchers and what could she suggest, she said she would just send the forms for the dr to fill out for the 6 month diet.

So she was of no help. I have been working for nine months on getting them to accept the WW thing and finally got an approval thought external review.

I called the office the other day and said I was in last year and now Im approved so what do I need? She said that UHC would send them something and then they would call me and tell me if I needed to do any of my tests over again.

A few days go by and I don't hear anything so I call again and get to talk to ms bîtch. So she gives me all this attitude and acts like Im stupid because I should have let them know about all my appeals. And that I'm stupid because I didn't k le I had to have another consult.

If I weren't so into this process I would switch doctors just because of her.

Why work in this area if you think we are stupid?

I also feel like the insurance people haven't been helpful and have been rude and judgmental. The woman at my husband's HR had me in tears one day.

Have you called to see if there is anyone else you can contact? I would even tell the doctor or clinic manager how you are being treated. Explain to him you have enough going on without being spoken down to.

Keep your chin up..!!

Maybe I'm too sensitive but I swear the woman who answers the phone at my surgeons office is judgmental! Maybe she's just a rude person to everyone but come on.

We are going through a hard time' date=' this is huge and emotional, and to be treated like you are stupid and bothering them is really annoying to me.

When I called after my first denial she didn't show an ounce of empathy or anything. She acted like I was bothering and just said "well you just need to do the six month diet". I told her I had already done Weight Watchers and what could she suggest, she said she would just send the forms for the dr to fill out for the 6 month diet.

So she was of no help. I have been working for nine months on getting them to accept the WW thing and finally got an approval thought external review.

I called the office the other day and said I was in last year and now Im approved so what do I need? She said that UHC would send them something and then they would call me and tell me if I needed to do any of my tests over again.

A few days go by and I don't hear anything so I call again and get to talk to ms bîtch. So she gives me all this attitude and acts like Im stupid because I should have let them know about all my appeals. And that I'm stupid because I didn't k le I had to have another consult.

If I weren't so into this process I would switch doctors just because of her.

Why work in this area if you think we are stupid?[/quote']

Remember everyone has a boss, someone above them. Someone has to know what an unpleasant , unhelpful b***h she is. Good luck to you.

My surgeon's office was nothing but polite and caring. You need to let the office manager know, they can't fix it unless they know.

Good luck.

Well apparently not only do they know but they have someone posting on here about how their bad service isn't their fault and they are so awesome. Supposedly from the point of view of a patient. Give me a break.

Well apparently not only do they know but they have someone posting on here about how their bad service isn't their fault and they are so awesome. Supposedly from the point of view of a patient. Give me a break.

The approval is done, you can take that and go to any surgeon!

dont let yourself get distracted by other people's bullshit. you know what you want, go and get it. and if someone is rude to you, le it roll off your back. its their karma, not yours. once you get hooked into other peoples issues, it becomes your bullshit. dont even pick it up. its not yours, it doesnt belong to you and you have more important things on your plate than focusing on someone who is being a b***h... maybe her husband beats her. maybe her child has cancer. maybe she feels so bad about herself, the only way she can feel better is by putting other people down. maybe she is just a b***h who gets off on being mean to others. its not important. your surgery is important. your health is important. your insurance approval is important. so focus on yourself and the things that are really important, let go of her. her crappy attitude is not important.

Oh no no no. That is horrid. My office staff are like family. When I was in the hospital the director of the bariatric program came to visit me, she asked about my experience, thanked me for choosing them and wished me well. My patient navigator I worked with for months brought me a gift and I saw my nutritionist and my surgeon and PA saw me daily. You need to find someone that is going to root from the sidelines for you!

Oh no no no. That is horrid. My office staff are like family. When I was in the hospital the director of the bariatric program came to visit me, she asked about my experience, thanked me for choosing them and wished me well. My patient navigator I worked with for months brought me a gift and I saw my nutritionist and my surgeon and PA saw me daily. You need to find someone that is going to root from the sidelines for you!

I agree. I just feel like if I'm doing something this huge I want to know if I call after with a question or a complication I'm not going to get an attitude and mean words thrown at me. I need positivity or at least just professionalism.

loveit, in all honesty, you're doing this for yourself and no one else (or at least i hope you are), you dont need anyone else to be any way. you need you to be determined and brave. that is all. as long as the surgeon and the nurses do their jobs, you are all set. true story.