Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

My surgery is 2/22 and yours is 2/27 I hope they don't move mine again. I even offered to switch to another dr. within the practice

So did all that blah blah blah scare you today? It started giving me 2nd thoughts. My concern is the success rate at 5 years.

Tell me what you think.

After she started talking I had to drift into outter space just to keep me sitting there because of all the potential problems.

OH! I walked my dogs today for 1 mile. The older and heavier got really winded but I told myself that I would help her get in shape too.

I had chicken broth tonight and after 2 days of bariatrix shakes it was very tasty!

I am nervous, I am excited, there are so many emotions right now! I have my preop appointment with Dr. Ganser on Thursday morning and my preadmit at the hospital that afternoon.

If I stick to 6 shakes a day then no I am not starving and if I drink plenty of Water and include some Propel I am ok.

Stick to it and your surgery date will be here it before you know it.

Red

Your awesome! 18 pounds! Wow, maybe I could do that, I sure hope so. I will have to taste propel. I am addicted to the crystal light stuff, but I loved it before I had to drink it, there are so many great flavors, careful though some have caffeine.

Emotional? Fudge today I must have cried 3x and I don't usually PMS. Isn't that interesting how food can control our emotions, or at least mine.

Pam,

Sorry about that! Why did they saythey pushed it back??

I must have been more tired than I thought huh!

WHen you deal with these med types, you have to remember they are going to tell you the worst cases so you can be prepared for all the different problems you may have. It doesn't really bother me, but most of my family is in the medical field so I have been around thiis stuff alot.

Keep your eye on your main goal. Remember, what your life would be like if you didn't take control now. I know I would be in worse shape in 5 years!

I personally know 2 people who have had the band in the last year and they are both doing GREAT!!! I also know a couple of people who have had the RNY one being my Mom. The complications and dangers of that are MUCH MORE Serious!!

Keep after it, you will be fine

Chris

I am much better today, I think the impact of an emotional girl and them changing my date and me being hungry was just a bad combination. I wish I was more emotionally flexible, but I will work on that after I am skinny. :)

Pam

Chris... Is your son overweight?

yeah, he is! This is probably the biggest driving forcefor me doing this! I don't want him to have to struggle the way I have all my life. I hope that when He sees me making better choices then we will be able to help him do the same.

Chris

Chris,

I have 2 kids both adopted:

The first one is 22 years old tall and skinny (always a struggle to maintain his weight) I continuously was buying him weight gainer as he grew up, his biological parents are both overweight.

The second one is 15 1/2 years old and she is 5'2, both of her biological parents were skinny (size 1) and meth addictics (so that is why they may have been skinny) she was "chubby" until the sixth grade and I really stepped up my daily/weekly talks about health and living longer etc. always talking the talk "dont be like me" see all the weight related issues I have etc. The summer of 6th grade I bought her the dance revolution thing for tv and she loved it and got better at it and lost her chubbiness. She did not realize I was buying it for a purpose (her to lose weight). She is now in 10th grade weights 115-120 right now and that is a okay weight for her. She just told me last night that she remembers getting teased and it hurt her feelings so bad and that she (looking back) wished I would have made her lose weight at an earlier age. She is very very very supportive to me and keeps telling me how proud she is of me and how she wants me to live a long life to be her kids favorite active grandparent.

So I guess what I am saying is keep up the good talks with your son, in the long run he will be appreciative.

I am so excited I have my preop appointment tomorrow!!!! That makes me one step closer! How long have you all been thinking about and prepairing for the band? My first seminar was last May and then because of my insurance I had to do a medicaly supervised diet up at UNR. It has been a long road but I know in the end it will be totaly worth it. Hey Pam keep your spirits up, everything will be ok. I am also a big fan of Crystal Light but I have found that low calorie drinks like Propel do tend to help a bit. Just remember also that we are here on this website for a reason, we are here to help each other and ask each other questions to get us all through the hard times. Well I will quit talking now. You all have a good day!!

I went to my seminar a year ago December. I had to get the financing straightened out first and then get my butt in gear. My preop is on Thursday.

What goes on in the preop appt.?? I also go in for my EKG the day after my prop. It is gonna be a busy week next week

Chris

Chris,

That is so exciting! After I have my preop appointment tomorrow I will let you know what happens! Where are you having your surgery? Mine is Monday morning at 9:00am at Renown South Meadows. I also go for my hospital preadmit tomorrow. I am so excited! I feel like it should be Christmas!

Okay so this is going to let you in on what a big WUS I am.

I went to see Dr. Kozar today, (he is such an awesome guy!~and handles my concerns perfectly and spends as much time with me as I want) Anyhow, he was late for my appt cause he was stuck on th 395 fwy accident, and he was chewing out a banding patient that he just banded because he KNEW once he poked the first prog in her abdomin that she cheated like hell on her diet, thus putting her surgery at a higher risk than what he likes. Then the gastric bypass patient before me had gained weight because she was eating chips and pizza and drinking soda's etc. It was interesting to let him digress and vent his frustrations on how people can do this to themselves after he gives them the magic tool that is so easy to help us lose weight. "I am telling you this conversation lasted 5+ minutes" on how this lapband is easy and it is an incredible gift and he has all the confidence in the world that his patients should lose 100% of their excess weight. His office has the ability to make us not hungry and we only have to make sure we put quality food in our mouth and when we are hungry, his office will do a fill (simply put).

I told him I typically throw up when I get nervous or upset and he gave me a prescription to calm my nerves which I can take 24 hours before and the night before.

I am such a control freak I asked him who would be assisting in surgery because I now understand there is a surgeon and then typically another dr. from our same office! Woohoo we all are getting a double expert doing our bands.

I also asked if I could go to Disneyland 16 days post op and he said YES! without any concern!

Let me tell you what a pick me up talk. And he had no idea until we were almost done with our appointment that just 24 hrs earlier I was so down.

I told him I wanted to be his poster lapband girl and he told me he EXPECTED me to be that successful, I love his confidence!!!

Red::: Woohoo

Monday!!!! Renown.... The nurse (I think I told you already) is a bariatric patient herself and she is sooooooo incredible.

Take all your questions to your appointment tomarrow with dr.

The pre op appoint is just a last minute question and answer period one on one with your doctor.

You will get weighed!

This is sooooo cool!