Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Hi local bandsters;

If ANYBODY wants to walk, I will go with them as long as it is not snowing. I live in Donner Springs which is by Meadowood Mall. There is Mira Loma park around the corner which has a 1 mile loop that is paved and a very nice walk if you want to go there. Also Meadowood mall is nice to walk at in the morning before they open or even in the evening.

I also go to a personal trainer in a personal gym on Mon-Tues-Wed who has extended an offer to ANYONE who wants to see me work out and join in on some excercises (to break the ice). He is very good! I have had numerous personal trainers consistently for the last 10 years, and he's by far the best I have ever had. I may be fat but I think inside this body under all the fat is a well conditioned machine. He UNLIKE most other trainers enjoys working with every body type including food challenged people and accomodates everyones individual needs. The gym is behind Sparky's near Longley and McCarran.

Redfred;

Have you been to the S.Meadows Support Group? The facilitator is a weight loss patient herself about 4-5 years ago. She is the ONLY weight loss surgery nurse, she is also one of the comforting, understanding person I have ever talked to face to face (and had nothing to gain because I was not going to S.Meadows~my ins. says St.Marys) and she is a success story.

But I have a question for you. I also ordered my baritarix shakes early and was determined to lose weight for 3 weeks not just the required 2 weeks. I have not been successful at staying on them for entire day yet. I get headaches, starving, (you know the story). How are you handleing them?

I also get bathroom problems and the shakes go right through me within 30 minutes.

Sound like the South meadows support group is better than the St Mary's one. I went in January and although the moderator was very nice and helpful the group was a complete waste of my time!

Walking would be cool, but you live on the complete opposite end of town from me haha! I live out in Spanish Springs, but I am detimined to start taking my dog on walks around SParks Marina more often.

Chris

Hello to all!

Yes the shakes do go right thru me also. But I have been able to stick to it through out the entire day. I have found that drinking Propel and a lot of Water helps. I also decided to do it for three weeks and not just two and since January 19 I have lost 15 pounds. Also remember you have that list of vegetables that you are able to eat.

I would like to start going to Support Group meetings as well. I have also heard that the South Meadows one is better thatn St. Marys, but does anyone know when and where they meet?

My surgery is in 7 days and I am so excited.

I have been doing some shopping on Amazon and have found a few good books. I typed in weight loss surgery and got some good results.

Someone mentioned that th gym they go to is behind Sparkys on McCarran and Longley, is it Golds Gym? That is also where I work out.

Redfred:

IMHO: The two support groups are VERY different. The one at south meadows is what I expected; with people talking about themselves ALOT and their experiences and the one at st. mary's was a mini seminar per se' about lapband.

The Gym to go to that is personal training is called Trainers Edge (Trevor McFall 775-771-9019) that I would recommend is behind Sparkys near Longely and McCarran. I also belong to Gold's Gym (good for the aerobic classes).

The South Meadows support group meets on the third thursday of each month in the dining area off the main lobby.

What excercizes do you do when you go to Golds? Do you work around there?

Pam

Chris;

Read the notes about the s. meadows support group I sent above to Red.

I will walk with you and your wife around sparks marina if you tell me when you are going, I also have a dog (poodle) she would love it.

My trainer always tells me the best park to walk is the closest park to your house, walk from your house to the park and turn around and come back. So driving to Sparks Marina may be cumbersome for you.

I was bicycling 10 miles per day (about 1 hour) up until Oct'06 when the time changed to getting dark earlier.

Hey do you know what time the support group meeting starts?

If you all don't have a magic bullet you should get one! It has really helped with the ease of making the Bariatrix shakes. I have one at home and one at work. I have also founf that the sugar free Flavored syrups really help with the taste.

Marcie

With your dinner shake, per the doctors office, you may have the following vegetables cooked or raw. But they ask that you do not add oils, sauces, butter, salad dressings, or Condiments.< /p>

Asparagus, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumbers, Crookneck or Zucchini squash, Gree, red, yellow, or orange sweet peppers, Lettuce (up to 4 cups daily), Mushrooms, Onions, Radishes, and Spinach.

If you are having your surgery in Reno this list will be in the packet you get in the mail that has your appointments and things like that. It is the same page that has the sample menu for the shakes on it.

Are you from Reno? When is your surgery?

I live south of Reno. But am there often. My surgery isn't scheduled yet. I spoke with the office today. I took the last test I needed to do last week. The results weren't back yet today but if everything is ok, maybe I'll get a date pretty soon.

Thank you for the info on the veggies etc.

Chris

I knew who you were when you walked in Western Bariatric office but I am shy (because of my weight) so I could not bring up the nerve to introduce myself to you.

Are you just a great "gentlemen" to offer your chair to somebody else or are you chlosterphobic?

I smiled at your wife a couple times, maybe she will remember.

The office called me as soon as I got back to my office and they moved my surgery date to 2/22/07 those f'ers! That throws alot of my ahead planning off, and I hate these kind of gliches, but I can deal with it.

Pam,

I thought that was your surgery date 2-22-07?

Oops sorry, I checked my calendar, it says the 20th. Did you change the info on your personal stats to the 22nd already? That threw me off:)

Pam,

I should have gone up and said hi, but I was pretty tired from working last night and having a hard time staying awake haha!! Looks like you and I will be in the surgery center at the same time too. What time is your surgery now??

I am not chlosterphobic, someone got up and gave me there seat so I just figured I could do the same. I always try and leave a room better than when I came i guess.

I ordered my Bariatrix today, Steph talked me into getting the chocolate too so I got one of each and 2 of the Vannilla.

Now I have a ton of reading to do

See ya

Chris