Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Hi there! I also live in Reno and will be having LapBand this month. My surgery is on February 12 and I am very excited! Dr. Ganser is doing my surgery. I have been reading all the books on LapBand that I can get a hold of. So I just thought I would drop a little note to say hello and let you know that you are not alone in Reno Nevada.:)

Hi Pam, I know you asked Red what her favorite flavor was, do you have one? I haven't ordered mine yet, I don't have a surgery date yet. Dr. Ganser will be doing my surgery. Hopefully next month at the latest.

Gail

Hi Gail ~Welcome...

If you want to come over and taste test, I have vanilla, bannana and choc.

I love choc anything as long as it is not bitter, so my favorite if chocolate but that is no surprise.

Order early because it takes awhile to ship.

Offer still stands if you want to taste test...

Are you doing lapband or gastric bypass?

I only ordered chocolate and banana. So I would have to say that I like chocolate better. I am anxious to try vanilla and add in the sugar free syrups. My order came within three days. I am doing the same day lapband. My surgery is February 12 at 9:00am at Renown South Meadows!!! I am so excited. I can hardly wait! If you all are going to start going for walks let me know so I can join you.

Good luck with your surgery! Thanks for your answer on the flavors. How much did you order at one time? Or maybe I should say how much do you need to order for the 2 weeks diet?

I have been going through two jugs a week. So if you plan on doing the diet for two weeks you will need 4 bottles. I decided to do the diet for three weeks to get a jump start on my weight loss so I ordered 6 jugs. When is your surgery?

Waiting for the call seems like it takes an eternity. But the day that you actually get the call will be one of the most exciting days ever. I think the lady that calls in named Michelle she is the surgery scheduler. Then you will get a packet in the mail that has the dates for your preop class, your preop appointment, your postop appointment. It will also include a sample menu for when you are on the liquid diet and it will have the amount you owe for your surgery and general info like that. And don't worry they will call. I got my call back at the end of December and now my surgery is just 9 days away.

Hey all!!

I didn't even know this section was here, better pay better attention haha!

Pam, I was at a 54 when I weighed at my preop but have lost some sinse then. I am determined to get the 10% off before I go on my Baritrix diet just to prove I can do it.

So who all is gonna be at the tuesday meeting?? Make sure and say hi. I am having my wife come with me. Since she does almost all the cooking we thought it would be important for her to go through the class so she could understand the food issuesI will have. I could relay the info but she says that the information highway in my head somtimes has no offramps:)

I really like the idea of having a locals thread, keeps things a little closer to home

Chris

Hi Chris welcome! Dr. Ganser is also my doc. I had my class this past Tuesday. It is a great idea to bring your spouse. My husband came with me and it made me feel very supported. They do take your "before" picture that day so be ready. You will also get you prescriptions that day. So good luck.

Waiting for the call seems like it takes an eternity. But the day that you actually get the call will be one of the most exciting days ever. I think the lady that calls in named Michelle she is the surgery scheduler. Then you will get a packet in the mail that has the dates for your preop class, your preop appointment, your postop appointment. It will also include a sample menu for when you are on the liquid diet and it will have the amount you owe for your surgery and general info like that. And don't worry they will call. I got my call back at the end of December and now my surgery is just 9 days away.

You are right about that! I got my call on the way back from my sons first SOLO snowmobile ride!:clap2: before that he has always ridden with us.

Truckee_64.jpg