Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Year Anniversary Coming Up - Not @ goal and its All my own fault

Love this thread! I am at my two year mark and my lowest weight so far was still 25lbs from my goal. But somehow I lost that drive and reverted back to bad habits (not eating in the mornings, eating late at night, snacking mindlessly). Now I'm up 15 lbs and have really been feeling awful. I feel like I'm failing and I had this really expensive, risky surgery for nothing. Hopefully by reconnecting with this forum I can snap out of it and move forward out of this abyss.

FYE I totally 2nd that!

And I 3rd it!

You guys are soooo helpful!! Thank you. I am glad I'm back on vertical sleeve talk. I've been on Facebook for awhile but with not that support from the sleevers group I'm on. Of course, I belong to several but reading the comments from ladies that have been there and who have struggled helps me tremendously. I've not been able to get to goal and you guys have given me great advice. As I stated on my other post, I'm definately trying the 5.2 diet again. Monday is going to be my first fast day. What do you guys eat usually on those days? Do you just drink protien drinks?

I've found that when I isolate myself and act like nothing is wrong ( you know- like my weight is going to fall off magically- lol), it really does not help me at all. I've wasted months that I could have been losing weight- eating like a pig (a small cute potbelly one lol) and acting like I was at goal. my weight will always be a struggle for me and that really pisses me off. even with the help of 1/4th my stomach, I manage to gain weight. How sad and pathetic is that. I can do better/ we all can do better just like now with us supporting each other. I have my resolve back to continue to goal. y'all with me??????????

I've found that when I isolate myself and act like nothing is wrong ( you know- like my weight is going to fall off magically- lol)' date=' it really does not help me at all. I've wasted months that I could have been losing weight- eating like a pig (a small cute potbelly one lol) and acting like I was at goal. my weight will always be a struggle for me and that really pisses me off. even with the help of 1/4th my stomach, I manage to gain weight. How sad and pathetic is that. I can do better/ we all can do better just like now with us supporting each other. I have my resolve back to continue to goal. y'all with me??????????[/quote']

Did the same thing. If we ignore it, it will go away, right? :(. Well, that's what got us into this mess! Lol.

I eat a late late breakfast or early lunch on fast days about 11:30-12 pm. Then dinner at about 6 or so. I try to eat more veggies with mine stirfry chicken (homemade) for dinner since that is usult only about 150 calories. I eat SF oatmeal and usually have a mini babybel cheese or just two babybels. Sometimes carb master yogurt instead of cheese.

I've wasted months that I could have been losing weight- eating like a pig (a small cute potbelly one lol) and acting like I was at goal. ....

Just a heads up... We will not be able to eat like a pig (even a cute pot bellied one!) when at goal. There will be a new normal then... and I think it will look pretty much like my habits are now... maybe just a little bit more flexibility... but not that much.... I have had to let go of the idea that when Im at goal, I will be able to do as I like in the eating department....

Feel your pain also! Put me in the "never-got-to-goal-before-I-regained-20lbs" club. Sh*t, is that a club? It should be. Seems quite common around here!

I have to back up the ladies who are saying that the 5;2 is helping them and also need to back them up with getting honest and weighing/measuring/tracking your food.

Denial is a great place to visit, but a horrible place to live!

I'm curious to know how anyone is doing with exercise! what's ur routine?

Ill be honest. Exercise is not my friend! I AM exercising now on the increase by walking and using my Gazelle exercise machine. I was averaging about 2 miles a day 4-5 times a week. I have just joined a challenge ( another thread) and have stepped up my game to about 4-5 a day but, honestly, I will never be that person who "loves" their workout! :)

I do spin class 2x a week (1 hour each class, it's intense...lady who teaches is a die-hard bike rider so she is way in shape), fusion class 1x a week (that is 20 mins cardio, 20 mins weights, 20 mins abs) then do walk/run combos on my treadmill on any of the other 4 remaining days of the week. I just signed up for a weight-lifting class 2x a week for 6 weeks, I'm excited but nervous. My plan is to do 1 hour weight class and then go directly to spin...we'll see how long that lasts. LOL!

I would like to think I would have the stamina for spin but I know that is not true! Even taking Vitamins and eating cleanly and at a good weight, along with walking, I just don't have the strength I used to have.

I truly think I wore myself out with all I pushed myself physically and mentally for many years plus loads of years filled with extremely stressful periods with my son and addictions. Now, thankfully, clean and whole. Plus, trying to get my daughter through nursing school now at age 36 while she works full time and a single mother if two girls who receives NO child support.

I be's tired! Ha!

I walk for at least an hour four days a week. I am going to be adding two days of strength training (30-45 minutes) to that in the coming weeks.

Lynda