Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow! Still wondering if I could do this myself!

Belize...WOW! Well said.

Change like this is hard...I've mourned food too...but that's before the surgery. I go in tomorrow as well and Im nervous but know I have to do this for me and for my wife and kids. I want to see them grow older...

God bless and hang in there. It's the right thing...congrats for doing the right thing!

It is normal to have doubts. Somehow we kid ourselves into thinking that this doesn't need to happen now. We engage in an internal argument and often we arrive at a scary place. Would if I die? Would if there are serious complications? Surely these are good reasons to postpone this. Right? But I think if we are really honest standing in the middle of the truth of our addiction we wonder how we can live without the coping strategy that heals us in the sorrow of right now but will kill us tomorrow. we all know the list of what lies ahead -diabetes' date=' joint replacements, strokes, heart attacks, and cancer. and still deep down we don't want to let go of the lifestyle that has walked with us for so long.

Our eating habits and food behaviors have helped us cope. The cake and ice cream, the muffins and donuts, the compulsion to keep eating when we know we should stop. Stuffing ourselves to push down emotions - we have so few tools with which to mange our interior landscape and we are removing one of the most used from our tool box.

My surgery is scheduled for 1week from today and I understand that fear. It is my fear too. Can I build a new life? I know some believe this is easy but I say this is bravery. To move through your fear and choose to live - to say goodbye to a life that has not served you well- now that is hard.

Bravo to you for choosing to live for yourself and those who love you.

God Speed[/quote']

Belize! Thank you for your post on this thread! Very well written, and it truly hit home for me. I go next week, for the last 3 appts before I get to see the surgeon. Nerves and doubts have come and gone...but your last paragraph really nailed it.

:-)

Thanks to all for the posts. I too am being sleeved in the morning.....and I too am very very nervous.

Thank you again everyone:) And Belize, what you said is so true. So, tomorrow morning I'm going for it!:) I wish all of you the best as well!! :)

I felt exactly like this before my surgery 3/27. This is a tool that helps you speed up the process of something you could do your own. You will be happy when you are a few months out. It is an incredible journey. It will make you stronger Good luck. If you ever need anything I'm here

When I started looking into all of this I was motivated by my children and family. Selfishly I wanted to be there for the graduations and weddings. I didn't want to miss seeing them grow up. But this journey has taught me that this decision is for me and for them.

For me - I get to see grandchildren, attend my daughters wedding and spend time loving and laughing with them. I get to live a life i have only dared to dream. a life filled with self confidence, self love, and actualization of who i was intended to be. But I came to realize this is for them too. How could I leave them without a mother? How could they move beyond knowing I didn't do everything I could to stay with them.

I 've head you need to do this for yourself first. And that may be true but if it is my children aren't far behind.

Tough decisions often have glorious outcomes.

Stay strong and I hope it all went well.

Thinking of all of you that are having surgery today!! Please post when you can!! :)

Laying in preop. They are running an hour behind. My belly is so empty! Hope to get rolling soon.

Done with surgery, actually was done at 10:30 this morning:) When I woke up in the recovery room, I had some pain in only one of the five holes in my belly. I rated it a five. Got less with the pain meds. Other than that I was drowsy. Going through the day doing well. Sitting up the first time a little dizzy, walking a little nauseous Not too bad though. Gave my some Zofran, much better. Second time getting up and walking not as bad:) No gas pains yet. Feeling pretty good, much better than I thought I would. Tired though, so I'll try to post more tomorrow:)

Congrats!!! Glad to see your up and doing well already:) my surgery is sept 25th nervous but not backing down:) praying for your full recovery

Done with surgery' date=' actually was done at 10:30 this morning:) When I woke up in the recovery room, I had some pain in only one of the five holes in my belly. I rated it a five. Got less with the pain meds. Other than that I was drowsy. Going through the day doing well. Sitting up the first time a little dizzy, walking a little nauseous Not too bad though. Gave my some Zofran, much better. Second time getting up and walking not as bad:) No gas pains yet. Feeling pretty good, much better than I thought I would. Tired though, so I'll try to post more tomorrow:)[/quote']

I am so glad your surgery went so well! I hope mine goes that smooth!

~~Jeanni~~

I am new on here. Not going to have surgery until January. So happy for you that your surgery went so well. Makes me feel so great about our decision to have this surgery. Can't wait to follow your progress.

Done with surgery' date=' actually was done at 10:30 this morning:) When I woke up in the recovery room, I had some pain in only one of the five holes in my belly. I rated it a five. Got less with the pain meds. Other than that I was drowsy. Going through the day doing well. Sitting up the first time a little dizzy, walking a little nauseous Not too bad though. Gave my some Zofran, much better. Second time getting up and walking not as bad:) No gas pains yet. Feeling pretty good, much better than I thought I would. Tired though, so I'll try to post more tomorrow:)[/quote']

Great, glad you're doing we'll!!

So glad you are well!

Glad you are feeling well. Hope the rest of recovery goes well