Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

I ran 8 miles so far today putting me at 20. Might do another 2 after dinner, not sure...

Logged another five miles! Just got my last two completed! Whew! 14.2 since Monday.

5 miles down and a 20 minute set of Tabata style exercises this morning. Looking forward to cross fit and another 5 miles this afternoon. Total will be 30 miles by end of day today starting Monday.

I do have to say 10 miles of running a day, a morning (power cardio) and an afternoon (weight training @ home or cross fit with PT) workout is causing some energy issues. 3 days so far of this.just so everyone is aware, I do full body conditioning. No isolation days for me. Also noting extra aches in my back and weird arthritis like pains in my fingers ( must be too many burpees with splayed fingers). I am really rolling, rolling and rolling to get those aches out of my back and am eating an extra meal (extra 200 calories for about 2400 daily calories).

I am going to reevaluate this training load tomorrow end Of day and see if I need to make adjustments. Positives are dropped 5 lbs in last few days and feeling good about the tightening and toning in quads, core and pects. Thank you extra cardio and kettle bell workouts at home!

My main motivation is to train as much possible to get my body ready for serious 6 day a week open gym cross fit starting next month (will eventually be working up to 2 cross fit sessions a day to get my conditioning where it needs to be). It will be sad to leave my trainer after 8 months, but I am ready to fly on my own now and budget concerns. Those PT sessions are so helpful for me, the non athlete, but are damn expensive. I am trying to increase my stamina, power and endurance. Push, push and push.

It is challenging, but keeping my eyes on goals.

Update: lots of running at cross fit today.

1600 m warmup run.

10 handstand push-ups (man, these turn on the sweat spigot)

3 rounds:

1600 m run

15 thrusters @ 225 lb

15 pull ups (*still struggle with these, especially on 3rd round)

Ran 1600 m afterwards.

Finishing this day of workouts at +10 for total of 30.

A sad note that today was my last PT session. I will miss my trainer. We had a great friendship over last 8 months. That means tomorrow I will start 6 days a week cross fit. Guaranteed to kick my ass. Big time. But I will love it!! Time to take my fitness up a level.

5 miles down and a 20 minute set of Tabata style exercises this morning. Looking forward to cross fit and another 5 miles until bed time. Total will be 30 miles by end of day today starting Monday).

I do have to say 10 miles of running a day' date=' a morning (power cardio) and an afternoon (weight training @ home or cross fit with PT) workout is causing some energy issues. 3 days so far of this. Also noting extra aches in my back and weird arthritis like pains in my fingers ( must be too many burpees with splayed fingers). I am really rolling, rolling and rolling to get those aches out of my back and am eating an extra meal (extra 200 calories for about 2400 daily calories).

I am going to reevaluate this training load tomorrow end Of day and see if I need to make adjustments. Positives are dropped 5 lbs in last few days and feeling good about the tightening and toning in quads, core and pects. Thank you extra cardio and kettle bell workouts at home!

My main motivation is to train as much possible to get my body ready for serious 6 day a week open gym cross fit starting next month (will eventually be working up to 2 cross fit sessions a day to get my conditioning where it needs to be). It will be sad to leave my trainer after 8 months, but I am ready to fly on my own now and budget concerns). I am trying to increase my stamina, power and endurance.

It is challenging, but keeping my eyes on goals.[/quote']

You are an inspiration! The fitness guy at my surgical group would love you! He just kind of shakes his head sadly at me!

I will join in on this 100 miles. I have been walking only and have gotten 8 miles in so far this month. I will need to crank it up a bit to hit 100 but I can do it. Love this challenge!!!

I'm up to 10 miles running and 8 miles walking for this week. Had a little setback this week after a fight with my pressure washer (the pressure washer won). Learned an important lesson (always wear shoes when pressure washing). It looks worse than it feels! Still running though.

post-47230-13813669615795_thumb.jpg

I'm up to 10 miles running and 8 miles walking for this week. Had a little setback this week after a fight with my pressure washer (the pressure washer won). Learned an important lesson (always wear shoes when pressure washing). It looks worse than it feels! Still running though.

Ouch....jeezus. Be careful.

I will join in on this 100 miles. I have been walking only and have gotten 8 miles in so far this month. I will need to crank it up a bit to hit 100 but I can do it. Love this challenge!!!

Glad to have you on board.

Ouch!!! Advice taken gladly!

On another note... 4 miles added this morning and I'm about to do two more, so today's total is 20 miles...80 miles to go!

Yikes!!!!!! I know that involved some pain!!

Well, only at 3 miles today so far. Gonna try to get Another in later tonight. My get up and go done "got up and went!" Of course, that's on 210 calories today so far too. :)

Glad everyone is adding miles today. I'm taking the day off from running today. After 6 straight days of running I need it. But tomorrow morning will be an early morning trail scramble of at least 5 miles. Then Saturday I'm running in a 10K race with my niece Meagan who was a participant in this years Boston Marathon. She hasn't run an organized race since that dreadful day. So several members of the family are driving out to participate in this event with her.

Wow...been a long day today but I managed to work in a 1 mile walk at work in the warehouse at lunch and just rode 2.15 miles on the recumbent bike in the garage. That is 3.15 miles today which puts me at 9.7 miles so far this week and the challenge. I am gonna step it up tomorrow, I have decided to start riding a couple miles each morning before work, walk my laps at work at lunch and then either walk or ride in the evening. It was almost 100 degrees today, I can't wait for cooler temps so I can enjoy walking the track or around the blocks again.

Wow...been a long day today but I managed to work in a 1 mile walk at work in the warehouse at lunch and just rode 2.15 miles on the recumbent bike in the garage. That is 3.15 miles today which puts me at 9.7 miles so far this week and the challenge. I am gonna step it up tomorrow' date=' I have decided to start riding a couple miles each morning before work, walk my laps at work at lunch and then either walk or ride in the evening. It was almost 100 degrees today, I can't wait for cooler temps so I can enjoy walking the track or around the blocks again.[/quote']

I have a feeling you are going to amaze us all with your losses! I am inspired by you and I'm 7+ months out!

I rode 8.4 miles tonight which brings my total to exactly 50 miles. That "job" thing got in the way. I will need to wrap up my miles by Sunday. I just spoke to my doctor, and after my surgery on Monday I won't be able to ride for six weeks. If I do not finish my 100 miles riding, I will have to finish it by walking.

Okay. For my 5 finished. Now I will toddle off to bed! ;)