Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

columbus ohio lapband surgeon?

I don't know of any in the columbus area but do know that there are alot of people from Columbus that go to cincinnati to Dr. Curry and to dayton to the drs here that do it. Good luck in your search.

THANK YOU!I'm going to look around columbus ,I would hate to have to commute for this proceedure!I just started researching this proceedureand feel that I need something like this do to health problems.5ft11inches,320lbs,48 years old,copd,asthma just retired from the post office.MIKE

Mike: I know of several in Columbus. There is the OSU Bariatrics Center at OSU. I am comfortable with their expertise but I am disappointed with their bedside manner and how long the process is. I am also familiar with Mt. Carmel's Bariatric Surgeons and I have heard nice things about both.

Personally, I chose to commute to Dayton. I had Dr. Schumacher do mine. I wanted the small-town hospital, the superior bed-side approach along with the expertise. But, I know of several who have been VERY pleased with OSU. The doctors are Needleman, Mikami and a few others. Good luck in your search.

Paige

Hi Mike - I just sent my paperwork in to OSU - I feel I have researched this To Death - good luck...

I also just wanted to add, Mike, that it is worth the drive to Dayton for me because Sycamore Hospital was top notch and Dr. Schumacher is the nicest man ever. Anyway, let us know what you decide. Mindful

Check out the Ckincinnati weight loss center. They have a new surgeon (Dr Mobley) he is banded himself and so is his wife. I think you would have a great experience there.

Sounds as if you have stop being subjective forget about why this site exists and gotten personal, you need to re evaluate why you come to this site. Some of us with the band are here to help and be helped, however your last post is not capable of either one.

Sounds as if you have stop being subjective forget about why this site exists and gotten personal, you need to re evaluate why you come to this site. Some of us with the band are here to help and be helped, however your last post is not capable of either one.
JohnnyMobs, welcome to the site. I see you're fairly new, and hope you will find this a valuable resource as so many of our other members have.

I don't think many of our members forget why this site exists, seeing how they're here. And perhaps telling someone to re-evaluate their motives for being here isn't the best way to remember what the spirit of the board is intended to be.

If someone has reservations about a particular clinic, and felt a word of caution to be in order, would it be in good conscience or altruism to withhold that opinion? My guess is no.

We have constant opinions voiced here - see that surgeon, don't see that surgeon, go to Mexico, don't go to Mexico, talk to this person, don't talk to this person. That doesn't mean that because someone posts a cautionary prompt about a place you happen to be affiliated with, that they or their messages are "incapable" of being helpful.

BTW, what the poster posted was subjective. Perhaps you meant to say they have stopped being objective? Yeah, once a person has experience with a place or program, they're going to stop being objective about it - by definition, so you have to expect some subjectivity there.

So let's focus on helping, and enjoy the board. :)

JohnnyMobs, welcome to the site. I see you're fairly new, and hope you will find this a valuable resource as so many of our other members have.

I don't think many of our members forget why this site exists, seeing how they're here. And perhaps telling someone to re-evaluate their motives for being here isn't the best way to remember what the spirit of the board is intended to be.

If someone has reservations about a particular clinic, and felt a word of caution to be in order, would it be in good conscience or altruism to withhold that opinion? My guess is no.

We have constant opinions voiced here - see that surgeon, don't see that surgeon, go to Mexico, don't go to Mexico, talk to this person, don't talk to this person. That doesn't mean that because someone posts a cautionary prompt about a place you happen to be affiliated with, that they or their messages are "incapable" of being helpful.

BTW, what the poster posted was subjective. Perhaps you meant to say they have stopped being objective? Yeah, once a person has experience with a place or program, they're going to stop being objective about it - by definition, so you have to expect some subjectivity there.

So let's focus on helping, and enjoy the board. :Banane20:

:D i would like to say that i too feel like i come here for support, but i have to defend the fact that i went to Cincinnati Weight Loss Center. i actually tend to stay out of the OHIO forum these days because it has become so negative and personal. objective/subjective is in the eye of the beholder, i know that i feel that the only opinions i read about the practice that has helped me regain my life and confidence are negative and based on speculation not experience. so i would suggest that someone seeks out patients of Cincinnati Weight Loss not people with opinions based in theory or competing doctors. :Banane20:

MISS banster, my only advice is to advocate for your beliefs/perspectives, regardles of the responses you get, and if any responses are inappropriate, let me or Alexandra know. If you believe a place to be a reputable service provider, then let people know. If that's a minority opinion, it's that much more important, otherwise an alternate opinion may never get out there. Unless it was misread, my message was not "speak bad things about the place."

Hi Mike,

I am with Paige, you can't go wrong with Dr. Shumacher or Sycamore hospital. My daughter and I had our bands put in on Feb 14th. We had wonderful care while we were there.

I understand why you would't want to drive this far, but if you change your mind, you will have a wonderful experience with both, Dr and Hospital.

Debbie

I was banded on Valentine's Day at Riverside Hospital by Dr. Stephan Myers. The program is called Fresh Start Bariatrics at Riverside. Excellent program with lots of support. You actually get a memebership at McConnell Heart Health Center where you will see an exercise physiologists. Check in to it. He's GREAT!!!!!!

Im new to all of this but Im going to Barix Clinic in Groveport, Ohio. Im not saying anything bad about Cinci but it was my experience that they were out of network for my insurance company and thus wanted payment up front. Im not sure if this is the case for everyone. I just know there was no way I could pay upfront.