Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone cheat on pre op diet?

My surgery date is this Thursday Jan 18th, I've been on yogurt and cottage cheese now since last Sunday.

I haven't told my Sis and tonight she made a sit down Sunday dinner.< /p>

I actually ate approx 5 oz of pork, a few carrots, and a very small pototo, other than that I've been extremely rigid for the past 8 days.

I find it's easy at work, evenings are tough, and this weekend was tough.

This won't screw anything up will it?

That food should be out of my system by Thursday right?

I feel there's no harm done, but of course the surgery notes state 'strict compliance' Arghghg.:help:

DB

Some doctors don't even require a pre-op diet. My doctor required me to go on a low fat/low carb diet 2 weeks prior to surgery to try and shrink some of the fat out of my liver. It makes the surgery easier, so I've been told. I did this in a loose manner and lost about 3 lbs. prior to surgery. All went well and my surgery was fast with no complicatons. Basically, I ate sensibly and cut most of my bread/sweets out...notice...I said "most".

Doesn't sound like you went overboard, so don't sweat it and continue on. Tomorrow is a new day.

I thought I was the only cheater out there! lol. My doctor requires a strict pre-op liquid diet, NO solid food whatsoever for 10 days. I did great the first two days. On the third day, I ate a very small piece of cheese bread and 2 small bites of Justin's sandwich (yum) with my strained potato Soup. The next day, I didnt cheat at all. By the 5th day, I couldnt stand it so I made Justin get me a pizza. Instead of eating my usual 6 pieces, I 'spit and chewed' one slice. Other than that, I have stuck to my diet. So, I didnt make the best choices when it came to my cheating, but I kept it very limited. :hungry:

It is amazing to me to see how each doctor handles the pre-op diet. Matters-of-fact, that is how I justified my cheating. I figured my doctor was so strict because he felt that if we took one bite we would want 5 more bites. Does that even make sense, I dont even know! Anyway, I figured if I kept my cheating to a minimum AND stopped cheating 3 days before my surgery date, then I would be ok. My doctor said he will know if I have cheated by my weight gain or loss. My pre-op appointment (1/8/07), I weighed 232. Today, I weigh 221. So, that has to be a good sign. I guess we will find out on Thursday, huh?!

Good Luck and dont beat yourself up on cheating. This diet isnt easy!

I guess every doctor is different . I am scheduled for surgery on 1.23.07.

My pre-op diet is 1 day of Clear Liquids, and I have to take the Fleet #3 (prep for surgery). I am a bit nervous, but praying for all to go well. I also had 2 c-sections.