Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting my things for post surgery... What am i suppose to get with Protein for the 1st week??? I'm suppose to do Clear Liquids for the 1st week it's hard to find protein in clear liquids!!

Try Isopure from GNC or the Vitamin Shop

I was told to just worry about getting the liquids in and not worry about the Protein yet. When i was on full liquids (shakes) then I had to count protein.

I was told to just worry about getting the liquids in and not worry about the Protein yet. When i was on full liquids (shakes) then I had to count Protein.< /div>

Ok thanks so by the 2nd week I should worry about that.. And I can blend up my own Protein Shakes?

Keke, you can also do unflavored whey isolate, and Unjury chicken broth Protein that first week in Clear Liquids. The unflavored cn be mixed with crystal lite if you want.

Yes Unjury makes a chicken broth flavored Protein Drink. It's nice because it's not sweet like the other Protein Shakes so its a nice change. Sometimes after the sleeve, warm liquids go down easier.

Where did you buy it from?? I'm in path mark now they don't have that here

As has already been stated the first week you need to concentrate on making sure you can get enough liquid, wait till you get to full liquids to worry about Protein. Also I wouldn't recommend buying to much of any food stuffs prior because many find there tastes change greatly post op, and you don't want to get stuck with a lot of something you don't like, especially since protein can be quite expensive. Good Luck.

As has already been stated the first week you need to concentrate on making sure you can get enough liquid' date=' wait till you get to full liquids to worry about Protein. Also I wouldn't recommend buying to much of any food stuffs prior because many find there tastes change greatly post op, and you don't want to get stuck with a lot of something you don't like, especially since Protein can be quite expensive. Good Luck.[/quote']

Ok thanks that is a good idea ... I got plenty of Water and unsweetened ice pops

Where did you buy it from?? I'm in path mark now they don't have that here

Yeah you have to buy it online. It's a bit of a pain :) But I think Richard is right, wait and see what sounds good later.

My surgeon included skim milk as a clear liquid & that was my Protein source at first. I mixed it with some NesQuik no sugar added chocolate powder.< /p>

My surgeon included skim milk as a clear liquid & that was my Protein source at first. I mixed it with some NesQuik no sugar added chocolate powder.

Ooo that sounds yummy!

I lived off sugar free popsicles for a few weeks....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches