Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 MONTHS OUT AND PREGNANT!

Hello all!

I was sleeved 12/10/13, down a total of 98lbs including preop. I consider myself a slow loser but I'll take it over the alternative. I recently found out i am pregnant. About 5 weeks. I am so scared that I am going to stop losing. And I am so scared to gain. We were planning on waiting until next year to try figuring I would be at goal then. My dr also says to try to wait 12-18 months postop before. But it happens when it happens.

I guess I just want some info from ladies who have been in this boat. How did it go for you? Did you lose while pregnant, did you gain? How much did you lose before being pregnant and how much did you gain? Was there anything different that you wish you would of done while being pregnant?

I started a good prenatl pill that i take 3 times a day. Its nice that it doesnt make me sick. With my daughter the prenatals made me so sick. I am also taking Progesterone at night before bed. it makes me so sick. I get very dizzy, almost feel like i am drunk and i just have to go to sleep about 40 minutes after i take it.

Here's to a happy and healthy pregancy and baby!

Please note I'm not trying to be debbie downer about it, trust me i am very excited, i am just nervous. timing is off but i am embracing it!

thanks in advance to those that respond.

Hi.... Congrats on your pregnancy... I was sleeved on 2/4/13 so ima about 7months in... I just found out yesterday that I'm prego... I have very mix feelings.. I'm super happy & extra scared! So I totally understand how you feel...I'm trying to see my gyn ASAP... Cuz my surgeon has no opening till December!! That's nuts!! She will prolly be upset anyways.... I'm 18lbs from reaching my gold & it's very hard for me to conceive.. I have a miracle baby girl she is 6 now :) she is my everything..... One thing my dr. Stress was waiting 2yrs before u try to conceive & it happy to me this fast... It's unbelievable... I'm still shock can't believe it till I see it lol but every question you asked I would like to no myself if anyone reply to your forum please forward me some info... Thanks ... Ps what prenatal Vitamins & other pills do u take for now?

Hi.... Congrats on your pregnancy... I was sleeved on 2/4/13 so ima about 7months in... I just found out yesterday that I'm prego... I have very mix feelings.. I'm super happy & extra scared! So I totally understand how you feel...I'm trying to see my gyn ASAP... Cuz my surgeon has no opening till December!! That's nuts!! She will prolly be upset anyways.... I'm 18lbs from reaching my gold & it's very hard for me to conceive.. I have a miracle baby girl she is 6 now :) she is my everything..... One thing my dr. Stress was waiting 2yrs before u try to conceive & it happy to me this fast... It's unbelievable... I'm still shock can't believe it till I see it lol but every question you asked I would like to no myself if anyone reply to your forum please forward me some info... Thanks ... Ps what prenatal Vitamins & other pills do u take for now?

Congrats to you! If I get any info I will forward it to you. As far as Vitamins. I just switched to New chapter prenatal vitamins. They are a little pricey but supposed to be easy on your digestive track. So far I haven't had any problems with them. I also take B12, Calcium + vit d, coqu10, garlic, phytophanare & fish oil. I need to go get a folic acid pill as well.

And when are you due? I don't see my ob until the 20th but the internet says I'm due April 20th.

Hey girl you and I were sleeved on the same day. I'm 12 weeks pregnant. Congrats! I'm in a 3lb bounce no real significant weight gain. Had really bad morning sickness that lasted all day. But getting better everyday! How many weeks are you?

Sent from my EVO using VST

Hey girl you and I were sleeved on the same day. I'm 12 weeks pregnant. Congrats! I'm in a 3lb bounce no real significant weight gain. Had really bad morning sickness that lasted all day. But getting better everyday! How many weeks are you?

Sent from my EVO using VST

Lol hilarious! About 5.5 wks. ;-)

My surgery was a bit before y'all, but I feel ya. Had mine 9/21/12 and had just creeped up to 127 lost, but now am holding steady for the last few weeks at 123 lost. I'm due 4-18-14. Haven't had any morning sickness yet, which I'm loving. Was wondering if it's normal not to have because of the sleeve...guess not.

My surgery was a bit before y'all' date=' but I feel ya. Had mine 9/21/12 and had just creeped up to 127 lost, but now am holding steady for the last few weeks at 123 lost. I'm due 4-18-14. Haven't had any morning sickness yet, which I'm loving. Was wondering if it's normal not to have because of the sleeve...guess not.[/quote']

Nice! We are due 2 days apart. Unless my OB changes it when I see him on the 20th.

Congrats to you!

Hello ladies. Congrats to all of you on your pregnancies ! I'm a band/sleeve revision and after I got the band, I lost 60lbs and got prego. My healthy, active band baby is now 4yo. Just wanted to let you know there are liquid prenatal products out there. My OB DR sent me to a hypothocary (sp?) which is a pharmacy that mixes it's own drugs. They were able to give me liquid prenatals that were so much easier to swallow than the horse pills that most prenatals resemble. Beware of the taste though...it takes a while to get used to but it made for a very healthy baby in the end so I was happy I did it that way. I also only gained 27lbs instead of the 80 lbs gained with my first baby. I pray for you all to have great pregnancies with healthy babies.