Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 year post-op bone density scan results

I only realized quite recently that I was taking less than I thought! I did mean to at least take the RDA amount, I'm below that even!

Lynda, thanks for posting about this. I've never had this done, so thanks for the information. I will have to do some research (on insurance coverages,etc.) and I've been waffling about adding in more weight-lifting (I'm more addicted to intense cardio, I like the high after) but like you I haven't found a class on weightlifting alone. One of my weekly classes incorporates weights but I fear it's not enough. I may actually have to go the route of a personal trainer.

Another thanks for posting, it's something I honestly hadn't considered. I'm 32 and it's not something coming up in my appointments because our plan doesn't suggest them until age forty.

I'm terrible about taking my Calcium, in particular, because it does make me very sick. Also, the Iron is my huge issue and always has been, so I take it first thing...and often forget to go back a few hours later and take my calcium.

Dang, I better check into my supplements and see what they can do.

And exercise can help?! Ugh...more guilt about my lack of structured exercise.

~Cheri

Just thought I'd report that thanks to Lynda I went and bought some more Calcium supplements with Vit D as well. And a new bottle (ran out) of multis.

AND, Lynda, is it wrong to be really addicted to you soft chews that are CHOCOLATE! ?? LOL.

I do only take the two chews, but, boy, are they good! LOL. Now that's what you call really wanting candy/chocolate! Ha!!!!!!

Just thought I'd report that thanks to Lynda I went and bought some more Calcium supplements with Vit D as well. And a new bottle (ran out) of multis.

AND' date=' Lynda, is it wrong to be really addicted to you soft chews that are CHOCOLATE! ?? LOL.

I do only take the two chews, but, boy, are they good! LOL. Now that's what you call really wanting candy/chocolate! Ha!!!!!![/quote']

Glad you're taking care with Vitamins and calcium! I see so many newbies say they got this operation so they wouldn't need to take extra Vitamins or supplements and it worries me. The blood tests and bone density tests are the only way to find the issues earlier.

I've never tries the candy type calcium supplements (other than a sample at GNC). I'm supposed to be taking 12 citrical a day. For the chews, even the sugar free at 15 calories, it would really add up. I've only managed to get up to 9 citrical a day so far. But I'm working on it.

Glad you're taking care with Vitamins and calcium! I see so many newbies say they got this operation so they wouldn't need to take extra Vitamins or supplements and it worries me. The blood tests and bone density tests are the only way to find the issues earlier.

I've never tries the candy type Calcium supplements (other than a sample at GNC). I'm supposed to be taking 12 citrical a day. For the chews' date=' even the sugar free at 15 calories, it would really add up. I've only managed to get up to 9 citrical a day so far. But I'm working on it.[/quote']

Okay, clueless. What's a critical? Vitamin supplements? And if so, what are they. Iwaso Lyon told to take Multi, B12, and Calcium

Okay' date=' clueless. What's a critical? Vitamin supplements? And if so, what are they. Iwaso Lyon told to take Multi, B12, and calcium[/quote']

Sorry I meant citracal. It's a brand of Calcium supplement. The spell correct is not always our friend!

http://citracal.com/en/about-citracal/citracal-regular/

Sorry I meant citracal. It's a brand of Calcium supplement. The spell correct is not always our friend!

http://citracal.com/en/about-citracal/citracal-regular/

Bahahaha. That's a good one. You had me going thinking I was missing something!! Wow! Twelve a day is a lot to get Down. How mich does that provide in calcium?

A crazy amount! It's 500 per tablet. I was taking 6 per day, but my primary care doc said to double the Calcium after getting my bone density results. I think I am going to call the bariatric doc for a second opinion.

Lynda

A crazy amount! It's 500 per tablet. I was taking 6 per day' date=' but my primary care doc said to double the Calcium after getting my bone density results. I think I am going to call the bariatric doc for a second opinion.

Lynda[/quote']

Well, two chews would give you 1200 so you could do 6 easy chocolate and only be 90 cals. Might be worth the small cal count.

That is interesting to know.

I currently take 1500 mg a day of BA chews (caramel - yum!), but may have to double based on your empirical results?

My WW scale does bone density.

I am not sure how accurate it is, but it is consistently giving me values that average around 8.0. This value appears to be in range of good bone mass according to the documented range of 7.4-8.2 based upon my age of 37:

http://www.wholesalepoint.com/documents/WeightWatchers-WW66.pdf

Your thoughts?

I currently take 1500 mg a day of BA chews (caramel - yum!)' date=' but may have to double based on your empirical results?

I am not sure how accurate it is, but it is consistently giving me values that average around 8.0. This value appears to be in range of good bone mass according to the documented range of 7.4-8.2 based upon my age of 37:

Your thoughts?[/quote']

Now remember, Fiddle, lyndas and mine is Post Menopausal! :)

I currently take 1500 mg a day of BA chews (caramel - yum!)' date=' but may have to double based on your empirical results?

Your thoughts?[/quote']

My program recommends 3000 per day of calcium citrate. Preferably in three doses of two tabs each but if you can't remember the lunchtime dose, they recommend going with three tabs twice per day.

Georgia is right that we are post menopausal, but that 3000 per day is for everyone.

Lynda

I definitely do not mind chewing on two 500 calcium citrate chews for 3 meals a day rather than one. It is my one sweet I have that resembles candy. :)

I definitely do not mind chewing on two 500 calcium citrate chews for 3 meals a day rather than one. It is my one sweet I have that resembles candy. :)

Amen!