Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Re: Worried over Excess Skin.....

heee heeee... Penni, I'll post boobies if you do! Hell, we all have them! I was mushing my dough-belly around this morning wondering how much longer I'll have to lug it around. Hopefully not for life - I've already done my sentence.

Bright, your name suits you. I just stare into your exotic eyes and pretend I'm hearing your darling Irish accent with mine very own ears! I'd come to rescue you in a heartbeat, but I have to wait for my husband to turn into a rich prince. For Heaven's sake, I've kissed the old frog enough times!

***blush*** - exotic eyes! Wow - my devoted husband calls them "battleship grey" - lovely!

Well honey, you want to hear the accent (to be sure, begorrah) pm me your phone number and i'll call you for a chat sometime xx Unfortunetly within 4 seconds of speaking to someone with another accent I immediately begin to mimic theirs unconsciously! I did talk to Donali a few times tho, and I think I managed to stay Irish for the few mins !

There's nothing funnier than an Irish woman speaking in an English accent! You need to move to Hollywood, Dahling, and become an actress! I'd lovvvvveee to chitty-chat with you on the tele (isn't that how they say things in Ireland?)

hi,

hope every thing goes well, that' really the most info. we need. on the excess skin. how long is recovery?, is it painful?. do you need a lot of rest after words?

did you have a long stay in the hosptial?. hope you feel better.

margie

------------------------------------------------------------

margie

295/257.8/37

4/5/04

There's nothing funnier than an Irish woman speaking in an English accent! You need to move to Hollywood, Dahling, and become an actress! I'd lovvvvveee to chitty-chat with you on the tele (isn't that how they say things in Ireland?)

em.....No you mad woman! We just say "phone" - I think you're mixing me up with the queen of england! Have you ever heard Colin Farrell speaking? That's a Dublin accent - Bono has a posh Dublin accent - The Corrs have a country irish accent.... hope that helps! You should rent the movie The Committments! Brilliant film, and totally working class Dublin!

Boob collage!!!!LOL Hey! I was ready to compare mine, too! I've never been small and after nursing 3 babies and the fact that I HATE wearing a bra around the house hasn't helped! If I sag now-what in the He** am I going to look like if I lose 100 pounds? Short, Skinny and Saggy-Hey, My husband might start calling me SHAGGY instead of Curly sue. ;-)

Dang, Bright!!! I was really waiting for the photo to upload... lol

I was going to do a compare to see whose were sadder - yours or mine. Maybe make a collage of saggy boobs... :) lol

PS. I was refering to the above statments! Too Funny!~

Guest lil one

Hello all...this i s my first time to come to this site..was told about it by a friend who comes here. I had my band done in April of 2003 and have lost 90 lbs...am only 5 away from goal..Thank You, Lord! I do have t ehanginf skin unfortauanately, but exercis does help. Under the arn=ms loks bad and ston=mach looks bad, BUT the truth is I feel so much better and look so much better that it doesn't bother me too much..BUT did want to tell you all this info...I heard at one of the support group meetings that The BURN CENTER will do the surgery if you give them the skin...they are always needing skin...may be something you want to look into...I am!

Hey!

I also heard that the Tummy Tuck would be covered by your insurance, since it is medically necessary and can be considered part of a post-op procedure. I work at Munson Medical Center in Traverse City, MI and I talk to Dr's. about this (tummy tuck, flabby skin) concern of mine all the time. I think if you people that need this procedure done contact your insurance company and ask questions, you might be amazed at the response! It never hurts to ask and doesn't cost any pennies to ask. Good luck!

I am just 2 weeks post op and I started at 257lbs and now I am at 238lbs. I am hoping my skin will shrink, in time, with my weight lose.icon11.gif

Hey, at one of our support group meetings, we were subjected to a virtual commercial by a plastic surgeon speaker. He showed way too many slides on a huge screen. Slides of naked post weight loss bodies - whew - not a pretty sight. But, alas, I know I will look just the same someday. Anyway, he said that tummy tucks after weight loss surgery are often covered by insurance. I think he said they are considered medically necessary because the - ahem - "apron" (stomach flab) can cause all sorts of nasty infections of the skin. So, at least I may be able to get some of my excesses removed. He suggested having the surgery when you are 15-25 pounds from goal. He also said that the excess tummy skin and flab can weigh 7-30 pounds! Just thought I would tell you what I learned, CandyB.

Welcome Lil one- Congratulations on your weight loss! Thanks for the info-its nice to know we might have other options-especially when it could help burn patients.

Okay, I'm in, I'll post my own saggy boob pics, if everyone else does. Heh heh heh.

Maybe I'll even wear the Hulk underoos. Or should they be "The Incredible Shrinking Man?" Tom Thumb?

No matter, I'm in.

By the way.... My wife has lost 270lbs with her RNY, and our family doc said to make sure to request treatment for rashes every couple months to establish a history of problems from excess skin. Done properly this can cover both Tummy Tuck and breast reduction. Patty started at 460lbs, so she's really got a lot hanging. I still think she's breathtaking, but it really bothers her, so I said "if that's what you want, go for it, I'm behind you all the way".

I also heard that the burn unit would pay for the skin, but haven't got anything concrete.

I don't have any hanging skinn and I was 299 when I started this journey. I hope it stays that way since I am only down 1/3 of my weightloss goal.