Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Day to the group....I can call myself a quick starter. I got my information packet in the mail on Jan 9th. I've already done the Psyc evaluation and had my Dr to fill out the other info. My next step as many know--would be a stress test, a upper GI exam.....Once that's done--I'll be ready for my dietican. Although I have 2 insurances--they want me to shell out $350 for the entire year visits. What's strange is-I am a Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Sheild person. The medicare will not give zip, zero of the money back. They will pay up to 80% and BC/BS will pay the rest. I guess I will have to swallow this--entirely. If BC-BS was picking it up--I could get my $350 back. When ever I see a Dr--I am covered 100%--no co-pay. No fuss--I am getting my last portions in now. I am planning a good menu--from the menu's I saw on here. I have already brought me the 3 containers of Protein powders and some meal replacements--about 60 to help me. 100% of the Meal Replacements are just 130 calories. The Protein Drinks are 110 calories at 4 oz with Water. I don't like milk...This will great. My next major buy will be liquid vitamins. I think it'll be better than chewing....wish me luck in the next 15 days....LL:clap2:

I too went through things pretty quickly. I didnt see my doctor until second week in Dec, went through EVERYTHING by the third week of Dec and had an original surgery date of Jan 4, 2007. The date was moved up to Jan 18, one week away!!! Pretty scary how quickly things can move when you are motivated, huh?!

Anyway, I want to wish you good luck and keep everyone posted!

Thank you very much....I will do my Physical and pre-op blood tests. If they move too slow--I am making my own appoitments fo the upper G.I. and stress tests....But-I'll give my Drs office a chance to gt me right. I am hoping all of this can be done by Jan 30th and 31st. My date I am expecting to get in will be Feb 10 -20th...I am already dreaming of a nice 70 to 80 pounds gone....I have to admit....the last time I restricted food was when I was in the Hospital for my back.....I quickly lost 5 pounds in 7 days. They put me on a light diet with no salt--and the first 3 days of clear liquids....I am hoping I can get that max weight loss at 2.5 -3.0 pounds a week.....Walking on the treadmill from 45 to 60 minutes a day.....I already know I can do it....it's a mind thing...I am 270 now at 5'9"....I have a BMR of 11....a female over 40 has a BMR of 10.....I can do it

I also went very fast my first consult was Jan 2nd and I paid some of my fees had all my test done went for my pre-op yesterday Jan 11th and my surgery is Jan. 19th I cant wait i am so excited it is like the light at the end of the tunnel.

I did my pre-op blood test today. I am still waiting on Tuesday (16 Jan-07) stress test and echo-cardiogram. All will go well, I had the echo 6 months ago. The stress test--no problem. Next appt to be scheduled is the an upper G.I.--then to the dietician. It's moving fast and I am good to go--as in spirits. Up against the so called friends who disagree--oh well. I say--6 to 8 months will tell the story. I just found a picture of me at age 37..almost a flat stomach and looking good. The past 12 years--I went from that 177 to this 270. I am going to work it out for sure...LL