Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The fittest city

BTW, These cities were selected based on personal health habits, community resources and access to health care. Residents in cities with the highest rankings tended to have higher levels of physical activity and low rates of heart disease and diabetes. They also had more parks per capita as well as advanced state requirements for physical education classes. So we may have a lot of fatties, but we are healthier fatties!

Here's the original article, where I found the details above: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/30/fittest-u-s-cities-of-2013/#ixzz2ax7JE8IC

Lynda

Cool....I'm either moving to Portland or Northern Cali so this is good news. I'll be glad to be around more like minded people.

Seriously, you are moving up north? That would be great to visit and meet you. Portland is a 4 hour car drive away. Northern CA is a bit harder and is an all day, coffee infused drive from Seattle. :) I am going to swing through northern CA on a small road trip in early November and hopefully I will run into some VST friends. :)

BTW' date=' These cities were selected based on personal health habits, community resources and access to health care. Residents in cities with the highest rankings tended to have higher levels of physical activity and low rates of heart disease and diabetes. They also had more parks per capita as well as advanced state requirements for physical education classes. So we may have a lot of fatties, but we are healthier fatties!

Here's the original article, where I found the details above: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/30/fittest-u-s-cities-of-2013/#ixzz2ax7JE8IC

Lynda[/quote']

With this info, my city should definitely be on the worst list. Lots of heart disease, diabetes, and obesity in good ole Bakersfield, CA -- they're all my patients lol! My nursing school instructor always said, "You can't swing a cat without hitting a hypertensive diabetic in this town!" ;)

Seriously' date=' you are moving up north? That would be great to visit and meet you. Portland is a 4 hour car drive away. Northern CA is a bit harder and is an all day, coffee infused drive from Seattle. :) I am going to swing through northern CA on a small road trip in early November and hopefully I will run into some VST friends. :)[/quote']

Yep.....my first choice might be Eugene, OR....but my wife's job opportunities might be better in Portland. She could also do well in the Bay Area, and I would love that area, but I think it's a long shot.

Cool....I'm either moving to Portland or Northern Cali so this is good news. I'll be glad to be around more like minded people.

Portland is a beautiful city. Better like to recycle tho! Lotso tree huggers up here!

Portland is a beautiful city. Better like to recycle tho! Lotso tree huggers up here!

Haha...yeah, it will be an adjustment but I welcome it. I'm a tree hugger, apparently the only one in the area. I live in rural Texas and even though there is garbage pick up.....and even though here it's legal to burn your garbage on your property.....I still can't take a run or a bike ride without seeing the evidence of someone who has chosen to toss several bags of garbage out on the side of a country road for reasons unknown. It's everywhere....and of course no one is coming behind picking it up. Alot of these roads around here, you can be on them and not see another car for 30 minutes....ample time to throw out a months worth of garbage, or a set of used tires, or that old mattress that you don't want, or an old recliner, or a box of unwanted newborn kittens or puppies. I've seen it all. It's heart breaking. Not to mention the southern overt racism, the bible thumping conservatism, the lack of running/walking/bicycling trails, the heat and humidity, the lack of mountains....I need a change.

Dang butter you need to get out of that hell hole fast!

Oh by the way we are avid recyclers here in the San Francisco Bay Area too! And we hug our trees and our Teslas :D

.......... and our Teslas :D

Do not piss me off. I may be moving to the west coast, but I can still bring my brand of Texas justice with me.

Do not piss me off. I may be moving to the west coast' date=' but I can still bring my brand of Texas justice with me.

[/quote']

Whatcha got against the rich people and their Teslas? :P

I live I'm Los Gatos... I think I might be the only fat chick in the whole city! :D

Laura, I'm stealing this title from you! Now I'M the only fat chick in LG!

P.S. I was here all along, you were never the only one, I was just hiding out in Icing on the Cake!

Laura' date=' I'm stealing this title from you! Now I'M the only fat chick in LG!

P.S. I was here all along, you were never the only one, I was just hiding out in Icing on the Cake![/quote']

Haha! Icing on the cake yum! if i knew you were here all along, we could of walked downtown and scared the **** outta some skinny Botoxed b*****s! :P

Haha! Icing on the cake yum! if i knew you were here all along' date=' we could of walked downtown and scared the **** outta some skinny Botoxed b*****s! :P[/quote']

You made me laugh so hard that I spit out my Protein shake, LOL!!

Ah, the Botox Queens....how I would LOVE to terrorize them! Not that you can tell when they're scared, the expression never changes, hahahahahaha!

(sorry, Fiddle! Is this still a hi-jack if we're talking about the people IN the towns on the list?)

Whatcha got against the rich people and their Teslas? :P

That's part of why I like Portland....I may have to live "car free."

Hehehe... Plastic surgery :P

There is one lady down the street that doesn't even look human anymore I stare at her and try and figure out if she used to be pretty because she looks alien now.. Like the chicks on real housewives of the O.C.

0_o