Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to have regrets

Hi there. So I am new to this whole forum and I have to say that I am so glad I have found it. I had the surgery done in Seattle, Washington over christmas break and now I am back at school 5 hours away. There are no support groups here, there is no one who really understands what I am going through. I was banded January 2nd, 2007 about a week ago and ever since then I have been constantly week, feeling nauseated and have pains in my stomach. I threw up for the first time last night and missed my first day of classes because I was so nauseated. I dont see my doctor till next week for my check up, but already I am begining to regret this decision. I am just so tired of being tired. I don't do anything because I lose my spark after an hour. I am 21 for god's sake! I should be out enjoying life not hiding in my apartment laying in bed! I have been without food for 9 days. I had a 10 day pre op that was all liquid and I did cheat a few times, but apparently that is normal. I have another three weeks before I can have soft mush food and another 8 until solid. Did anyone else feel like this? How do you know if your body is rejecting the band? Ugh and I am also tired of the lack of BMs and the ones that I get...this may sound gross...I feel as though I am merely peeing rather than passing anything solid. Is any of this normal? :phanvan

All of those things are normal

DONT GIVE UP JUST YET !!!im banded 24 days now (18LB LOST)and feel completely back to normal ,maybe a little tired still but you know i was permenantly tired before i had band so i think my weight tires me :phanvan ,it takes a week at least to feel any real signs of improvement and another one to notice you will be fine i swear,just think that you have carried this weight around a long long time one month to get yourself to a stage where life is back to normal should be allowed,the toilet thing happened to me in one massive go ,i swear i was terrified to look in loo in case my insides where there:eek: .

this too shall pass,drink plenty of protien shakes as this seems to be helping others get through their hunger and gives more energy .

Any time im feeling blue i go through the b4 and after pictures on here and that puts a smile back ...check out last five or six pages rather than the start there great!!!!!

ALSO POSTING ON HERE REALLY GETS YOU THROUGH ON GOOD OR BAD DAYS.

GOOD LUCK

NIKKI

I am not banded yet but it sounds like you are in the stage that everyone has been saying is the hardest. Stay in touch here on the board. Just think about the long run one year from now life will be much better! I am talking out of my butt right now but since I'm not in your shoes :) but will be in about one week! I'm off for my band in 2 days! If you need a band buddy feel free to lean on me, you can guide me along and hopefully we can keep each others head above water!

Take care,

Sara

First I would call your doctors office and make sure you can get on an anti nausea medicine. That should really help you. Second, are you taking in enough fluids, especially Protein Shakes. You may be starving and not able to know this because of you lack of hunger. I would do those 2 things and you should be feeling much better soon.

Best of luck to you.

Kdaly - there are LOTs of support groups in the greater Seattle area - there's a list on yahoo just for them! :) It's the PNW Bandsters groups on yahoo.com - sign up, and you'll automatically get reminders for the groups!

It's not a chat-list, that's more the "parent" yahoo list of SmartBandsters. All you'll get is reminders for "Soup nights" which are 100% support groups! Check it out!!

Hi there. So I am new to this whole forum and I have to say that I am so glad I have found it. I had the surgery done in Seattle, Washington over christmas break and now I am back at school 5 hours away. There are no support groups here, there is no one who really understands what I am going through. I was banded January 2nd, 2007 about a week ago and ever since then I have been constantly week, feeling nauseated and have pains in my stomach. I threw up for the first time last night and missed my first day of classes because I was so nauseated. I dont see my doctor till next week for my check up, but already I am begining to regret this decision. I am just so tired of being tired. I don't do anything because I lose my spark after an hour. I am 21 for god's sake! I should be out enjoying life not hiding in my apartment laying in bed! I have been without food for 9 days. I had a 10 day pre op that was all liquid and I did cheat a few times, but apparently that is normal. I have another three weeks before I can have soft mush food and another 8 until solid. Did anyone else feel like this? How do you know if your body is rejecting the band? Ugh and I am also tired of the lack of BMs and the ones that I get...this may sound gross...I feel as though I am merely peeing rather than passing anything solid. Is any of this normal? :phanvan

Congratulations on your surgery although you aren't feeling very chipper right now.

I agree that finding a support group in your area would most likely help. Until then, stick to reading these bulletins. The people here are very understanding, resourceful and easy to access (the web!).

I would call your doctor about the nausea.

I am not banded, I am so envious. How I wish I was past the surgery and in the recovery phase and going down. My best to you.

I will just say ditto to the others. I will add this though. Once the weight starts coming off, you will have more energy and self-confident than you have ever had. It get better - much better! Hang in there.