Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I live in North West Mississppi

Finally, Finally I have a March 28th surgery date. I have be there at 6:30 am to do that change of life. It was an unusual day on 28 feb...My appointment was changed to 12 noon--but I got in by 2:00. The Dr had a sudden emergency to preform. Anyway...3/28/07--but first the "Liver Shrink" diet and then I am in....I am now entering 3 months of waiting, but my date is set...Thank God...

I know you are so excited Lee! I hope all goes well for you on 3/28. How is the "liver shrinking" phase going?

Oh yes....I start the liver shrink diet--less than 24 hours....In the morning...they said-do this-14 days before the surgery...I am upset though, I know that my hunger is part hunger and part habit...It's like smoking---it's like having to eat--when not hungry....

But...I am determined to kick the habit--which has been going well. I can't wait until April 28th--then Nov 28th and March 28th--2008...I am hoping on the 2.75 pounds a week.--Those are times when I'll look for certian progress times......I am going to push for that

I recall being in the hospital some time ago....IN a mere 28 days-(12 days hospital-16 days following the diet after I got out) I had back surgery---I had no appetite--trust me--pain was more of an issue--21 pounds was gone when I was on a no salt, no sugar diet-low fat--all baked and broiled...sad I fell off it. I would get hungry during the evening--I drink lemon water--with a spot of sugar..it stopped the pains....I am told--once they suture that device around my stomach.....the taste of many foods will change---the words here---"Thank God"....:faint:

I went for my first Dr. visit today. I should have the surgery date in a few days - hopefully the end of April or first of May. Tney went ahead and gave me a copy of my preop diet today to start 2 weeks prior to the surgery. Clear Liquids and 3 slimfast optima drinks per day plus 10 glasses of Water. I can do that for 2 weeks. Good luck with your liver shrinking phase!:)

I am sitting here with less than 12 hours to go. It's 7:20 Pm and I am told---get to the hospital to get prepped by 6:30....

I can't say I am excited---but waiting on many results. I now know that I had a food addiction of the worst kind--anti-depressives..I will be happy let you all know--I have seen the changes in myself and now--fed up with this extra 107 pounds... My first goal is buying me this mountain bike as early as Monday morning. I may be in pain--but I've asked my neighbor to take me...I will emply this to ride to the gym--since it's 2 miles from the house and I know a great back road to ride...wish me luck in the morning...

It's now--April 13th...17 days since I had the lap band done. Not much pain--I was shocked. The Nurse told me of using pain meds---I almost has to argue--but as I see---I need zero. I am doing ok and have progressed pretty good. Pain---I can handle. I don't nee any of the drugs they gave me. In fact--I've used the Percocet 3 times--the last time has a sad result. I could not sleep all night....So I am toughing it. I brought three new bikes---so that my 2 sons could ride with me--making it a family thing. We race each day--for the past 5 days. I've won only twice out of 7....I am talking of racing a whole block. My sons are having big fun too. I am in pain some of the days--But I am building up for a 10 k ride with them. We may not go like straight through---but I have made it a family project for getting in shape.

Ok back to my surgery. My Doc was like 7 months pregnant before the surgery. As of March 29th--the day after surgery--she became sick and placed on bedrest. Now she's had to switch all of her appointments around. So now I have see her Monday-April 16th...Hopefully she'll be there... Her nurse says she'll be there for the Post opt appointment. I hope she does well with her Baby. I am feeling great. Sometimes tired--but I am told--I need to keep up my protien drinks....

I am happy for you, Lee. I hope you continue to improve each day. Just continue to take care of yourself and have patience and you will be as happy with your journey as I have been.

A lot has happened in my life since my last message to you. My husband passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago, and I have had to constantly remind myself that I must not use food as a "diversion" during this uncertain time. I am trying to develop a solitary lifestyle that does not include food because I realize how easily I can slip back into old habits if I am not careful.

By all means, be sure to include adequate Protein each day, I think this is one of the most important things we must do to be successful.

Best of luck to you..........connie

Oh no Connie....I am soooo sorry to hear that...

I must admit--I am very bad at doing my proftien--but I have started. I am getting better at my schedule now.

Today--I road my bike again and it became obvious--more protien is needed. I have went out and brought 2 containers and will make up a batch to drink--this evening and tomorrow....It's 25 grams a scoop...so I am going to mix in some strawberries to this vanilla mix--make me up 16 ounces--that is 100 grams of protien...

I hope that my Dr gets better too. She is having a baby---the Lap band business is booming. Which made her do this....She said--she put me on a smaller band than most. So that my fill at 6 weeks--won't be so bad. She knew that she was close to labor time--but continued to work...

Good Morning, Lee

I am sure that you are aware of the many flavors of Protein powder that are available on the internet. You may be okay with the chocolate and vanilla one that are sold locally, but I quickly tired of them and went in search of some that I liked better. Another solution was to purchase the Da Vinci flavorings.

I am desperately battling my last 20 lbs. and as a result, cannot tolerate many foods so it is imperative that I continue to enjoy the Protein drinks. Frankly, they have been a life-saver for me.

And, since I am so lazy that I will NOT exercise, I admire you for your committment to an exercise program. (The fact that I am so lazy is why I am having such a hard time with these last 20 lbs.) ............still don't care, got gonna do it!!!

Best wishes to you, connie

Good Morning to you Connie.. I must admit--from the point of me being in my Momma's stomach--she complained--I never stay still. I knew something was wrong when I got lazy--fat and really miserable. Now that my attitutde has been spread like a virus to my kids (8 and 10). It's worthwhile riding the new bikes we all brought 2 weeks ago. They woke mme saturday with a weather report at 7 am. Saying--Daddy---can we ride in weather? I said--let's wait in the streets to get dryer. Bye 10 am--we was getting dressed and out the door. Sunday--we finally made this hill we couldn't for so long. I finally was able to make it--after 3 tries. I am not lazy--think the lord. I 've had a left knee replacement in 03--back fusion and neck fusion. IMagine this--I will be 50 in June. Folks are now looking at me riding like I am someone crazy. Only few compliments--but who cares. I even have a new lady who is interested---young by my standards (age 24)--but it gives the ego a boost. You never know--chances can be taken--since she is a Mom and looking for a nice older Man.

Anyway--I am headed to the Dieticians office and it's 30 mile ride to "St Francis Hospital". I am going in a matter of minutes. I have to be there in 45 minutes--it's a 27 minutes ride--when I drive sensible. Even if my weight lose is not as I am expecting--I am still going to boost up my riding. My goal is to ride the 10 ride with my kids. Plus with them both playing football this coming year--I asked them--since you can endure the pai of the hills with me---imagine football games and football practice. A piece of cake- well it'll be easier to do. They fully ageed. That would be an almost 11 yr old and an almost 9 year old. I am maming it a family deal each day. I was going to do 5 days a week. Now my kids have requested--can we ride as a family everyday. They even have their Water bottles in the fridge--waiting to drink after and uring the ride....Is this motivation or not? They've got me going--strong.....Think of a way to get up and do something....

YOu may find this hard to beleive--I just kicked 22 pounds to the curve....I have found a passion---riding my bike 3 to 5 miles 5 to 6 days a week...Then on the weekends--2 times a day with my kids.. Funny thing- each of the rides where I have rode over 2.5 miles--my 2 kids were with me...leading the way. They love it that I am going away from home...we travel the country roads...I can feel that my next weigh in--I will close to the 35 pounds lost zone...I am told...you may be losing too fast..But my diet is ok--following it- my proien drinks I have stopped hating them--so I am using the 75 grams each day--making my own...strawberries--mixed fruit--makes it taste good,,,If I was just unbanded---I have a feeling it would be horrible...even my kids drink protien drinks after a long ride everyday...