Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awesome Support

Green: I must admit, I know my way around TO by car pretty well (and when I say TO I also include North York, Mississauga etc) but if I were to bus or subway it.....eep!!! I haven't done that enough....just the TTC from Yorkdale to Union....that is it! (and the odd streetcar up and down Queen).

Yah, Green is the Master of public transit!:confused:

Well, I've been lurking too so it's time to join in. I have my surgery on 7 Feb with Dr. Cobourn. I'm on day 2 of Optifast & have been using all the suggestions to make it more palatable so it's not too bad so far (early days).

Everyone seems so supportive so thank you for that. Also, it's obvious from your weight losses that the band works!

Looking forward to joining the group. I live outside Toronto.

Heather

Howdy Heather! Welcome and congrats on your upcoming band date! Glad you won't no longer be sitting on the sidelines...join in!!! We don't bite (well some do!) LOL...

:welcome2:

Hi there Heather,so glad to hear from you,I also get banded on the 7th in Doctor Cobourn's clinic,what time is your appointment? Did they say if you could have fruit and stuff also with your optifast(I thought I read that somewhere)I start mine on the 24th.Congrats on your decision:clap2:

Hi Heather. Yoda was right, we don't bite, although I don't guarentee sanity...but if you have been lurking you know this already. You must be getting so excited. I hope you and astrotoes get a chance to meet. Congrats on your date.

Actually.....if I were to drive from TLBC to the "heart" of Mississuaga it would only take me 30 mins (more in rush hour). Hope onto the Gardiner Expressway from Spadina and take it to the 427....take the 427 north and voila....you are in Mississuaga in minutes.

Hi all,

Yoda is right about spadina and taking the gardiner expressway.. but you don't take the 427 north.. You take the QEW to Hurontario St. which I think might be about 5 or 6 exits past the 427.. Don't quote me on the exits, I come from St. Catharines, but I grew up in Toronto till I was 20.. But time is right, about 30 - 40 min. from downtown TO.. And that's where Dr. C's clinic is located, right off the highway... Maggie

That's good to know. I wasn't giving directions to Dr. C's office though (I have nooooo idea where it is!!)....was merely saying one way way of getting into Mississauga.

Wow! How great to get so many replies to my posting last night - thank you thank you. You really are a welcoming group.

Astrotoes, my time is 1:20 on 7th Feb, when is yours? I know of two other people on the same day so that makes 4 of us. Today I got a call from the clinic saying I needed to bring a pair of PJ bottoms. (I wonder why no top...? oh,well) As I'm a nighty person I had to visit Pennington's only to find they had a 70% off sale. Got my "bottoms" for $6. I don't normally get a bargain. Oh, some fruit is OK in the Optifast. Total calories from fruit/veg not to exceed 225 per day.

Heather

Hi again Heather ,I'm not sure how long after the surgery they keep you there ,my appointment is at 7am. Are you coming in from out of town too?

haha... I would bring a top, unless you WANT to walk out shirtless! They just want to make sure you're not planning on walking out wearing jeans or something binding like that. I went out and bought some super comfy sweat pants. You can wear out, whatever shirt you wear in.... might as well just wear your comfy clothes in!

My surgery was at about 10am, and I left at about 1. It really depends on how you feel. They won't kick you out. You might be in recovery for 1 hour... or 4.

Hi Astrotoes & Argon

Thanks for your messages. So, Astrotoes, looks as though you are "first up" on the 7th. From what Argon said it appears you'll be long gone before I even arrive. I come in from North of Toronto & will be staying at my sister's in the city. We will go through our journey together.

You know I've been thinking about the PJ bottoms I bought yesterday. They are as ugly as sin so I might take Argon's advice & go in a pair of comft sweat pants. No wonder they were on sale for $6.00!!.

Bye for now

heather

Yea I'm with ya on that,I bought ugly pj's at Walmart(because they fit)but I can pick up some comfy and maybe a zip up hoodie and get more wear out of them.I'm thankful for this forum.I start my Optifast this week and I must say I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm not looking forward to it,also I have only told hubby and one friend so I'm a little afraid of lieing to folks at work and stuff about not eating with them like usual,Is coffee alright durring this phase?