Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awesome Support

Oh yes the last supper syndrome, I was so tired of gorging I couldn't wait for the pre-op diet.

Hey Astrotoes et al

Sorry it's taken me so long to post guys, but I've been eating my A$$ off (would that could happen!). I've been dieting for 35 years and since my decision to be banded I've been on a food-fest to places I wouldn't set foot in for years. In the last three weeks I've hit McDonalds twice (no I didn't Supersize), Dairy Queen, pizza Hut; just to name a few; AND this was during Christmas.

Bring on the Pre-op diet!!

:help: Tres

Hey Yoda!! I'd love to meet you sometime when we're at the TLBC 'filling station'. You're a hoot. You've done really well, and you're full of 'good news' stories. I can't read some of the posts by less than supportive bandsters right now. I'm too close to surgery. Do you live downtown or outside the City?

Tres Chic.....due to an issue with my fills....I actually go to the Scarborough-Grace Hospital for them...to receive them under fluro. Dr. Y/J go there once a week or so to do fluro fills for those that require them. In fact, I have one this Friday! So, I rarely make it to the actual clinic now.

No.....I do not live directly in the Big Smoke....I live a lil' north...in the Barrie area.

:welldone:

I never thought I'd say it but I really am sick of eating right now,it's so great to know or hear from you guys that my crazy behavier is "normal",like you Tres Chic I feel like I've been dieting forever so this last month has been a free for all!:welldone: Here's another question that I had regarding the procedure, did any of you use it as a medical expense when filing you income tax?

Hi There Gaffer, did you say the 24th? Thats when I start too,where are you being banded at? I will be at Dr. Coboun's clinic on Feb 7th .Maybe we'll become bandits the same day:bandit .

I'm being banded in the 14th. I have to do 3 weeks of Optifast, whch I suspect is due to my BMI being 47.5.

We will have to share Optifast recipes. I am also interested to hear how your surgery goes as it will be fresh in your memory.

Andrew

I got banded this September at TLBC. I am planning to expense this on my income tax under medical.

I got banded this September at TLBC. I am planning to expense this on my income tax under medical.

I know that you can expense it under medical expense, but does anyone know if it is a straight reduction in income, or is it a percentage, like charitable donations.

Maybe I will have to email my accountant.

Andrew

Thanks Gaffer, let us know what you find out and if anyone else has already done it tell us how you got along,thanks.....every little bit helps.

I'll be declaring it too... not sure what'll happen. I would probably get all the income tax I paid last year back, because of my student loans, so I don't think it'll benefit me at all. :) I wonder if my parents could use it.

Claiming it will not end up being a straight income reduction (very little ever is!!!)....it will end up being a %age like other medical expenses (ie. claiming prescription lenses etc).

:help: Just joined the site, I was already to do this thing when I stumbled across things for post op care fills and sweet spots. I thought the hard part was to get a lap band but that seems to be the easy part.

Where do other Canadians go when they r not close to their surgeons and what is the cost of fills in Canada?:)

Mandi...but seriously, you should be able to claim the cost of your move.....because you actually moved more than XX number of km to take on a full time job. Make sure you claim it (did you keep receipts?).

:help: Just joined the site, I was already to do this thing when I stumbled across things for post op care fills and sweet spots. I thought the hard part was to get a lap band but that seems to be the easy part.

Where do other Canadians go when they r not close to their surgeons and what is the cost of fills in Canada?:)

Hi Lemonlulu...I responded to this question on the other thread that you initiated....so I won't repeat it here....but welcome!