Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

With all the different and acceptable post-op dietary guidelines out there, one could easily second-guess if they are eating the right foods at the right stage. My advice, don’t worry so much about what others are allowed to eat at what stage because everyBODY is different. Just stick to what your Surgeon and Dietician have instructed you to eat/drink. Don’t veer from this too much because these instructions are specific to you and their program, no matter what others on the forums are allowed or restricted to eat. Just my 2 cents!

I have my 2-week post-op appointment tomorrow where I will be visiting with the surgeon and program dietician. I’m really looking forward to the appointment.

I def need to up my Water.. I jus can't seem to get it all down!!!! I could I guess I'm jus not trying hard enough.. How much Water are u drinkin a day?

I'm only up to about 25oz a day but that's a lot for me. I used to never drink water, days without a single glass.

I'm only up to about 25oz a day but that's a lot for me. I used to never drink water' date=' days without a single glass.[/quote']

Oh ok.. I'm doin between 30-35oz a day so we are about the same!! I'm trying to up it but I am like you I was never really a big Water drinker, lol..

I def need to up my Water.. I jus can't seem to get it all down!!!! I could I guess I'm jus not trying hard enough.. How much Water are u drinkin a day?

I'm having that same issue too. Up until today I couldn't do any more than 5 sips of anything. Today, I had significantly more water and Protein than ever, but still wasn't able to complete my 32 oz bottle or get through an entire bottle of Isopure.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm having that same issue too. Up until today I couldn't do any more than 5 sips of anything. Today' date=' I had significantly more Water and Protein than ever, but still wasn't able to complete my 32 oz bottle or get through an entire bottle of Isopure.< /p>

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I can get my Protein shake down great. Only because I have found one that actually taste great and I enjoy drinking.. I think the Water thing for me is jus the fact that it is "WATER," lol.. I keep a bottle with my all day and I still can't seem to finally finish a bottle til right before bed .. Hopefully we both will be able to get it in soon :))

I can get my Protein shake down great. Only because I have found one that actually taste great and I enjoy drinking.. I think the Water thing for me is jus the fact that it is "WATER' date='" lol.. I keep a bottle with my all day and I still can't seem to finally finish a bottle til right before bed .. Hopefully we both will be able to get it in soon :))[/quote']

What Protein are you drinking??

I just left my one week post op, my doctor told me to start puréed food tomorrow then after in week I can go to soft foods if I can tolerate them! My original post op diet had me on mushy food for 3 weeks. I'm excited!

Oh yeah.. Down 10 pounds since surgery on the 15. Total of 26 since my very first weigh in on may 2.

What Protein are you drinking??

Premier Protein shakes.. I bout them at SAMs club.. They are already made. They have choc & van. They come in a case of 12. I got them on sale yesterday for $14.88.. So I bout 3 cases.. They usually run from $18-20 a case.. I'd rather pay that & enjoy what I'm drinkin.. Lol.. They have them on Amazon too..

Premier Protein shakes.. I bout them at SAMs club.. They are already made. They have choc & van. They come in a case of 12. I got them on sale yesterday for 14.88.. So I bout 3 cases.. They usually run from 18-20 a case.. I'd rather pay that & enjoy what I'm drinkin.. Lol.. They have them on Amazon too..

I haven't found a pre made drink I like yet. Haven't tried these yet....

Hello all . my surgery was July 10th. I am so over Protein shakes ( did a 2 week Protein diet like I am sure most of us were). Since starting that 3 weeks ago i am down 23 lbs . My doc said she is fine with me proceeding to puree foods. Anyone know how mashed potatoes work for them if they are on puree yet? I only want a taste just to get something different from sweet Protein Shakes .

Hey I was sleeved July 8th, my doc cleared me for purees day 3. Mashed potatoes are one of my favorites, but use caution while they taste good they are lore oin protein (2g per 4oz) they are one of those things that doesn't taste different because its not altered the way other purees. But you have to focus on protein. I am 2 weeks out today and hot my first stall.

SW - 274 (day of surgery, no pre op diet)

CW - 254 for 2 days now.

I think looking at the scale its awesome, you feel amazed every time it goes down, but when it doesn't don't freak. Stalls are normal. You just have to remind yourself that, and make sure your focused on making sure what your eating is right.

Premier Protein shakes.. I bout them at SAMs club.. They are already made. They have choc & van. They come in a case of 12. I got them on sale yesterday for 14.88.. So I bout 3 cases.. They usually run from 18-20 a case.. I'd rather pay that & enjoy what I'm drinkin.. Lol.. They have them on Amazon too..

I saw those at Walmart in a 4pk. I think I'm going to get some today. I about threw up my Protein this morning. All I've had all day is Water... :(

No it's a vegetable u r only suppose to have Protein and vegs. So I trick myself by mashing the cauliflower I add other things to mk me feel like I'm eatting mash potatoes and it works try it

What do you add to it?

If anyone is looking for a good Protein Shake , I use Syntha 6 Protein Powder . The best is the chocolate cake batter . It's so good . The vanilla ice cream literally tastes like melted vanilla ice cream . 22 g of Protein for 4 oz of liquid . It's around $28 for a 2.91 lb tub . There are 28 4 oz servings in it .

Hi guys! My surgery is this Thurs!!!! 7/25 and I was wondering how much weight did you lose the first week after surgery?

Same here, July 25th.