Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bridesmaid dress question

I was sleeved april 2 and lost almost 60 lbs so far. I am in a wedding in three months and had to order a dress today. A size 16 fit and a size 14 could almost zip up. The sales people kept telling me to get the 16, but I know how my body has been losing. I went with the 14 thinking even that may need to be taken in by then. Was u wrong to assume and order the smaller size?

I keep second guessing myself now!

You may need a 12 by then. It takes less weight loss to go down a size the smaller you get. I am over 4 months out now and I have to say size 14 went by pretty quickly and now a 12 is roomy and comfortable. I am pretty sure a 10 will be roomy by the end of the summer.

On the upside, you can always have it taken in or even recut if you need but you can't go up.

In three months you could be a size 8 or 10. Wait until 2 weeks before the wedding and have it altered by a professional. Most of the bridal stores will insist you do it sooner. But find a privately owned business and make the appointment way ahead of time and explain that you are losing weight and want to wait to have it altered till just before you need to wear it.

Thanks for the reassurance !

I agree with everyone here. I would have bought the smaller size like you did. You will be down another size or 2 by the wedding date & can get it altered 2 weeks prior to the wedding. So don't second guess yourself, although I did when I started buying new clothes. Funny thing was, i felt a little "cocky" buying smaller sizes. Found things that I really liked but they didn't have the size that I currently was wearing. So I bought 2 sizes smaller, & was so glad that I did. So, have fun with this.

Thank you! It was just so overwhelmingly negative at the store about buying smaller. I don't think they understood the surgery at all!

Thank you! It was just so overwhelmingly negative at the store about buying smaller. I don't think they understood the surgery at all!

They probably didn't understand! But, in their defense, they probably meet women every day who swear they are going to drop a dress size, and don't. I also think you made the right decision. It will be fun proving them wrong when you go to pick the dress up!

They probably didn't understand! But' date=' in their defense, they probably meet women every day who swear they are going to drop a dress size, and don't. I also think you made the right decision. It will be fun proving them wrong when you go to pick the dress up![/quote']

It will be fun! I knew they were just trying to help!

Ok, now the real question is....is it a pretty dress or the awful kind of bridesmaid dress? :D

I am in the same boat!!! I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding set for November 23. I was sleeved June 19th. I'm down 31 lbs. and dress sizes from a 20 to a 16 now. I have to order 12 weeks in advance. I have no clue what to order!!! I am thinking a 12 to be safe. That's 4 months. Maybe a 14. I going to go try on dresses July 27 and find a size that's tight and order the next size down. So stressful! I don't want to mess up her wedding or stress her out. My moms a seamstress so that helps!!

I am in the same boat!!! I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding set for November 23. I was sleeved June 19th. I'm down 31 lbs. and dress sizes from a 20 to a 16 now. I have to order 12 weeks in advance. I have no clue what to order!!! I am thinking a 12 to be safe. That's 4 months. Maybe a 14. I going to go try on dresses July 27 and find a size that's tight and order the next size down. So stressful! I don't want to mess up her wedding or stress her out. My moms a seamstress so that helps!!

I was in this situation with my daughters wedding. I ordered one size down at the latest I could place my order. My thinking was that if the dress was too tight I could wear some Shapewear and if it was too loose I could have it taken in a little. One size up or down is no big deal.

Wow! We have almost the exact size situation! Hope it works out for you too!

Ok' date=' now the real question is....is it a pretty dress or the awful kind of bridesmaid dress? :D[/quote']

Lol! I got lucky! We just had to order one of tr Sabine the knee black satin dresses in the line of dressed. I like the dress, but I am afraid because none of them had sleeves Nd I am way self conscious! I may need a shawl or something! I never show my arms unless I have to in a swimsuit!!!!!