Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on Oct 30th and I have lost 37lbs, not as good as I would like to see, but I am happy. My question is on the fills, I had my first fill Dec 14 and then went back last week for a 2nd. I still feel like I can eat more but I stop. However the weight just isnt coming off. I hate to call the Dr. again and ask for a 3rd fill so soon.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thank you,

Smalltowngirl40

Could it be what you are eating? I know that everyone loses weight at different paces, and as long as you're making the right food choices then don't worry. If you feel you need another fill, talk to your doctor. Many say it takes until the 3rd fill to feel good restriction.

You were banded almost 3 weeks after me and have lost almost 10lbs more than me. You're progress is great. I look at it this way... Could I have lost this much weight pre-band? No way! So the band is working great! It may not be fast, but it's steady! Woo hoo!

Take a look at what you're eating. I find that I'm hungrier on the days that I don't get enough Protein. Now I'm starting my days with a Protein Shake and that really helps.

Without knowing the size (capacity) of your band or how many cc's you were given at each of your fills, it's impossible to "judge" your experience versus others (mine). I can offer some generalities based on my own experience (see my signature block for fill history):

* Know the capacity of your band and discuss fill strategy with your surgeon or fill technician

* Wait 30 days minimum between fills; patience is the key to finding your optimum fill level, aka sweet spot

* When you do get restriction, you'll know it immediately

* Be very careful in the first few days after a fill; stay on liquids and mushies while your body adjusts

* PB's are part of the bandster experience; they are quite the reality check.

* Enjoy the journey and congratulate yourself on what you've accomplished.

* Wake up each morning and thank someone that you made the decision to be banded; it gets easier.

Hey Bill--thanks for the tips--I was banded Nov. 30, and am getting my first fill on Jan. 15. I have so many questions--my doctor did not tell me anything to do or not do before or after a fill. I have heard that I should not eat right before the fill, or should just have liquids before--have you found that to be true? I definately think I am ready for a fill though, because I feel much less restricted than I have in the past month since surgery. I am able to eat more than a half cup of food, but I am trying not to so that I don't gain any weight back, but I am a little hungrier than I have been, and not liking it. I'm sure it is normal to have loosened up in the 5 weeks since surgery though, right? I just can't wait to get my fill, and am hoping that I actually get some restriction back.

I am going for my fourth fill in 2 weeks. I barely felt restriction after my third fill, but it was definitely different. I can't wait to see how it feels to finally get to the point that I can feel the band actually helping me! I think my doc must be pretty conservative with his fills. Keep going til you know you have restriction!!

I have 2.4 in my band right now. I am still eating more then a 1/2 cup. My food choices I think for the most part are good. I will start with a Protein shake in the a.m. but I still feel hungry around 10. My morning usually starts with 3 glasses of Water from 5:30 to 7. Then a cup of hot tea, and then in 30 min my Breakfast. So at 10 I have a piece of low fat cheese and then lunch at 12.

Now today I have had the munchies all day long, not sure what that is about, this is the first time I have ever had that happen.

From what I have noticed, your restriction will change depending on a variety of things. Are you ovulating? (total restriction for me), did you eat something that inflamed you?, I have also noticed that 3 days before that "time" I am restricted, then on day one of my cycle I am wide open...

When I asked about this they said it was due to Water retention. Crazy, I know.

I think you are progressing just fine, well maybe more than fine. Because I have been told and heard that a good weight loss for the lap-band surgery is 2 pounds per week (8 pounds per month). You are averaging about 12 pounds per month. That is great!! Congrats:clap2: