Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

BMAN.....just curious....was it chicken that got stuck??

I've had that happen 2x now w/Chicken, so i'm VERRRRY Careful now when eating it! TOTALLY Not fun...I agree!

Yes, what have people been getting stuck on? I've been eating chicken since I don't get my fill until Thursday, but I've been careful with it... Just curious as to what are the trigger foods!

piece of a pork tenderloin.... it was dry, but i figured "i will chew really well"

Yeah right!

This was my first attempt at eating anything of substance after my fill too... soooo thats probably part of it.

B'man - Please don't be mad, okay? "oooooooooooooooo, shit" made me f*cking HOLLER! I could just hear you saying it and I knew you meant it. Thanks for the tip. I 'm filled on Thursday. I'm going to stick with mushies and shakes for a while. LOL I just love you, gal!

bk - glad your Dad is back home. I pray for you guys every night.

Anybody heard from KayDoll?

I bought a D&B report on the mattress company today. I'm writing a letter - sending it certified - to every person listed as an owner or an executive manager. Somebody is giving me a new mattress dammit.

Just had dinner at a friend's house. I did well with the food - my toddler ate more than I did. However, I totally killed myself with the drinks. We drank some rapper beverages called X-Rated. LOL It's like one of those Alize drinks. It was sooooooo good, and sooooo strong! I am totally tipsy, and yes I drove home - but she literally lives across the street. I can see her living room from my living room. ahahah

Okay, going to bed now. Love you ladies!

N.

B'man - Please don't be mad, okay? "oooooooooooooooo, shit" made me f*cking HOLLER! I could just hear you saying it and I knew you meant it. Thanks for the tip. I 'm filled on Thursday. I'm going to stick with mushies and shakes for a while. LOL I just love you, gal!

Ha! and you KNOW how i said it too, girl. damn that was some horrible, nasty sh*t

I don't recommend tryin' it.

You guys are a hoot!

First off I have to say I'm worried about Kay - Kay sweetie we are thinking of you.

BK - girl you have too much on your plate and I'm not talking food! School, job, kids, hubby. dad - slow down and take time for you. Try to anyway. Maybe thats when you need to eat. Rather then rushing and trying to get something in you take the time to sit down and think about what you are eating and enjoy it. Lord knows thats easier said then done.

Brandi - I know you all think I'm a tard anyway but I can't wait to finally feel (alittle,kinda) stuck. I haven't felt any different up to this point so it'll be good to get my fill and actually feel like I'm banded.

Bandiva was it you who asked about exercise? I use a treadmill. I started out at 10 minutes the first week, 15 the 2nd and the past week I did 20. Tomorrow I will up it to 25, and keep going like that until spring and I can walk outside. 20 minutes burns over 100 calories - I tried running for 2 minutes and thought I'd die so I just walk. Then after I walk I do my own little pilate thing. Years ago - like 20 years ago there was a lady named Callie something and she had a video out that was called callenitics - it had some awesome deep muscle work outs that I do.

Butt - lay on you side, leaning up on your elbow, with your leg straight out move it in tiny little up & down motions - if your butt doesn't burn after 25 reps you're doing it wrong. Then in the same position bend your knee and move it back and forth in little movements. I'm talking little movements like 1/2 inch at a time. She says that gives you a nice little round peach butt.

Inner thigh - sit on the floor with your legs out in front of you. Squeeze the legs of a chair with the soles of your feet. You should feel that after about 30 squeezes.

Arms - I stretch behind my back and try to touch my thumbs, the higher you lift your arms the more you feel it.

Crunches - I know this sounds really stupid but it works for me. I have a glider rocking chair with a gliding foot stool. So I lay on my back with my feet up on the foot stool and as I crunch forward I glide my feet towards me. Sounds crazy but I feel the burn. Its my own version of the ab lounger. LOL

All the exercises are to be done in small movements. I try to do 100 to 150 of each thing. About 10 years ago I lost about 30 lbs (I was also about 30 less when I started too) I did these exercises and one day I was laying in the bath tub and I felt something hard on my stomach and thought omg what is that? It was my abs - I'd never felt them before! LOL Or at least in a long time! So I know these toning exercises will work for me and they only take about 5-10 minutes to do.

Nat - sounds like you had fun. Can't wait to see the updated pics!

BK-I agree with Steph on this one...something has gotta give girlfriend! I am a very busy person, and it probably feels like you can handle it, but anything you can do to simplify your life right now will be of great benefit for you. Make sure you are taking time for yourself, even if it is just a walk, or a bath. I also recommend filling your head with healing, nurturing, loving thoughts... maybe a motivational / inspirational book or "book on CD". I gained and lost 4 pounds over the last couple of weeks. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it is probably just your body's way of adjusting to the new eating regime. You are an awesome person...remember that, and again, PLEASE, take some time to recharge your batteries.:)

Steph... thanks for the tips. I am leaving soon for my first fill...:help: soon it will be all over and I am sure everything is fine...I just keep telling myself that! Thanks again.

Just a quick hi and hoping everyone is ok! I am so busy right now! I cant keep up with all of you! You all are doing so well! Well got to go --got to get the gym before it closes! Jill

Wow, big difference with the fill (so far)

I can only eat 1/2 cup of food at a time... maybe a tad bit more. A cup would be impossible.

I HAVE to chew about 30-40 times to make it smooth enough to go down.

I HAVE to wait at least 2 minutes (or more) between bites.

This is taking a bit of getting used to. It is like testing my boudaries. I thought I was going to get something stuck again a few minutes ago, but I think it was just going down slow. So, I stopped and waited 5 minutes before I tried to take another bite. Then, I was ok. I've heard that someimes you have to take the first few bites and wait for the band to open up... I think I may be one of those people.

Nat- thanks for the prayers nightly I appreciate it more than you will know

kay_ I am praying for you

steph and banddiva I do need to take time for myself

This next wk I am only working weekends maybe that will help

b-man I want a fill so bad I am jealous

I hope the weight starts melting off you can do it

steph u seem to be doing awesome with the workout keep it up

I am proud of you

nat and good luck with the mattress people

Hi everyone.

I usually take time on the weekend to catch up with everyone and see how ya'all are doing. I have my first fill tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. The last 2 weeks I have been hungry and felt no restriction. Guess the swelling is all down because I did feel some for the first 4 weeks after surgery. I'm sure my surgeon will be conservative with the fill and I just hope it is enough to make a difference. I am really not nervous about the actual procedure of getting the fill.

Brandi - I feel the same way since my fill. I can only do about 1/2 cup of food and I have to take it really slow. I was used to being able to eat more, but I guess this is good for the weight loss. I have been stuck for about 10 days at the same weight. I did liquids for a few hours after the fill, but didn't feel the real restrictions until the next day. I talked to my doctor when I first got the fill and he said that I need to check with him in about 4 weeks and let him know if I need another fill. I guess there is no specific amount of time between fills.

Steph - Thanks for the taking the time with the exercises, I may try them tonight.

Guys, this info on the fills and how you're dealing with them is SO helpful... thanks for posting the details!!!

BMAN...sounds like you've got great restriction!! Congrats!!! Hopefully it'll last longer for you than it did for me!! I only felt it for a few days and then it seemed to dissapear.....I've heard some people say the first fill gets absorbed into the band b/c it's so dry...I hope that was the case w/me...I'd hate to think I have a leak THIS early! ;-)