Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC '06 January Chat

Jessica,

You are doing so well and over the half way mark! I totally understand the bra thing. I have dropped from a 42DD to a 38DD. I'm wearing a 14-16 top (misses, not woman's) and it is so awesome. I have been getting lots of comments about how I look in the last few weeks. Somehow these last 5 pounds made a difference in my appearance. My exercise routine has really kicked in, too. I am able to do so much more now that I weigh less and my knee has healed.

I think the key for me is definitely going in for a fill when it is time and not delaying. My third fill is working out well. I have lost 8 pounds since 1/3. We should arrange to meet when we reach a certain goal. How about we meet when we both reach our 50th pound mark? I am about 7 pounds away. Let me know. Robin

I have been absent from the board for so long -- life intrudes. I got my 3rd fill in early December and it is still a good fill for me. I seem to have found the "sweet spot". My goals for 2007 are to exercise and to achieve my goal weight.

My most exciting NSV was when I went to buy new bras. I hadn't bought any since surgery. Well, I went from a 46DD to a 38D. I was totally shocked and thrilled.

I have noticed that now that I am wearing clothes that fit correctly, my weight loss is much more noticeable.

It's good to hear about everyone and to be back on the board!

Jessica

Jessica,

I think the key for me is definitely going in for a fill when it is time and not delaying. My third fill is working out well. I have lost 8 pounds since 1/3. We should arrange to meet when we reach a certain goal. How about we meet when we both reach our 50th pound mark? I am about 7 pounds away. Let me know. Robin

Hey! Don't meet without me, I wanna come! I am six pounds from 50 pound mark, although I think it might take a while.

Robin, I Have Lost 6 Lbs Since Our Fill And I Am Happy About That! I Think I Am On My Way. It's Funny, I Don't Think About food Like I Use To. I Am Trying Not To Eat Anything After 7 Pm. Oprah Thinks That Is A Key. I Eat Earlier About 5 And Then Have A snack About 6:45. I Actually Like To Exercise Also, Which Really Surprises Me. It Is So Nice To Be Excited Again About Losing Weight!!

Diane

Lady Di, Faybie, ClaritySeeker(Jessica) :

We should get together after we have all hit the 50 pound mark. Some of you are already there, and for some like me, it is just around the corner. I think that will give us some real inspiration to keep losing. Go for it ladies!!!

Hey! Don't meet without me, I wanna come! I am six pounds from 50 pound mark, although I think it might take a while.

Lady Di, Faybie, ClaritySeeker(Jessica) :

We should get together after we have all hit the 50 pound mark. Some of you are already there, and for some like me, it is just around the corner. I think that will give us some real inspiration to keep losing. Go for it ladies!!!

Just last night, I typed that it might take me a while to get to a total of 50 lbs. down. Then I got up this morning and bam! I was down 3 more. I had to go in for a .2cc unfil because I was too tight and I was down 5 pounds on the drs. scale since last wednesday so it was a "real" 3 pounds.

I can't wait to meet all of you that will be a lot of fun. Which side of town do you all live on? Are we going to meet on a weekend or weeknight? I live in Sugar Land and I am willing to travel to meet up.

You are hitting your stride!

I live in Memorial, on the west side of Houston - near Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8) and Gessner. I think Jessica lives near West U. I think we will need to do it on the weekends because some folks work. Maybe lunch? But I have to get to 50 pounds first. I have 7 pounds to go!

Hey y'all

We sure aren't talkative this month! I know we've all probably been real busy. I just started grad. school this month so I've been spending all my time reading syllabi and my course books.

I've been reading back over the posts, I'm in total agreement with the bra thing. My back has been killing me the past couple of weeks. I'm starting to think it is because I need a new bra. I've got my straps tightened all the way and I'm still hitching them back up.

Hope everyone is doing well in general and well with their weight loss. I am just kind of turtle-ing along. I should make it to One-derland by the end of the month though. And if not, I've got a fill scheduled for the 31st. That will definitely get me there!

Talk to y'all later. :biggrin1:

I am a little frustrated with my scale right now because it just ain't moving. I think I am putting on alot of muscle by working out with weights everyday. I know I am losing inches because my clother fit looser, but I want to see the numbers change.

Everyone over the last few weeks is commenting on how different I look. These last 10 pounds really made the difference. I am almost at my halfway point and just want to get to the 170s so bad it hurts.

Even my gp who was not in favor of this, gushed over how great I look. Ha Ha!!

Robin, If you have people gushing over how great you look, then you must be doing something right!!!! Go with the measurements. I know it is better to see the scale going down, however muscle will eventually help you burn more fat. I have had the same response with my weight loss lately. No one has really said a thing until these last two weeks. Mid December I was wearing 18Womens, by January I was wearing 16Womens the past Friday I had to go buy some 16Misses, because I didn't have any pants to wear. It really wasn't that big of a weight change imo, but it was nice to go through sizes so fast.

Kutia, I already had to buy new bras. I even think I am going to have to trade in my DD for D's because my bra fits fine around but I no longer fill the cups all the way, much less "overfill" like I used to. I was never a DD before I gained weight anyway, so I didn't expect it to stay. Anyone need any Victoria Secret 38 DD that I have only had for a couple of months?

Robin,

I definintely would love to get together. I am at 40 lbs down right now, but the next 10 might take a while -- I hope not too long. I'm setting a goal of my daughter's Bat Mitzvah on March 23-24th for the 50 lb. mark. I JUST started exercising, so I'm hoping that will move things along a bit faster. It's wild that people are totally noticing the weight loss now -- I have started my before and during pics and there is a big difference from pre-op to now.

I expect that as I get closer to my goal weight (around 30 more pounds or so, give or take), it will get harder and harder to lose the weight. I hope to get to goal by the 1 year mark, though. I think it's very possible.

My 3rd fill was the one that really seemed to hit the "sweet spot". I think I can probably lose another 10 lbs or so before I'll need another one.

I love my band -- it keeps me from getting too hungry, and I can eat SMALL amounts of most things. bread is a problem after the last fill.

So, let's see where we are in a month or so --

I'd love to meet other Houston members!

Jessica

I love my band -- it keeps me from getting too hungry, and I can eat SMALL amounts of most things. bread is a problem after the last fill.

Jessica

I am glad to hear you love your band, just in case I have a silk Christos gown that I bought at Louis Blum size 14 if you end up needing it! LOL.

Okay, all you Houston gals, quit hogging the thread!!! LOL!! Just kidding. I'm down 64 pounds and feeling good, although I think I'm slightly overfilled, it's not too bad and it's starting to ease up. So I'll deal with it a little longer.

Okay, all you Houston gals, quit hogging the thread!!! LOL!! Just kidding. I'm down 64 pounds and feeling good, although I think I'm slightly overfilled, it's not too bad and it's starting to ease up. So I'll deal with it a little longer.

Awesome weight loss :clap2: That's fantastic. Just be careful about being overfilled. I let it go for a few months and just had to have a small unfill because I started vomitting and couldn't eat anything. It took about 2 mos before it was real problem.

Again, congrats on the loss!!

I've done the unfill thing once too. Actually, I wouldn't call me overfilled right now I guess, just slightly more restricted than I would want ideally. Some people would be fine with this...I'd want a bit more freedom. But I can deal with it for a little while, I just really have to concentrate on getting in what I need nutritionally, which Im doing. I ordered my bridemaid gown and its an 18. I"m a 22 right now, so I have until June to get to an 18...NO PRESSURE!! LOL!

I've done the unfill thing once too. Actually, I wouldn't call me overfilled right now I guess, just slightly more restricted than I would want ideally. Some people would be fine with this...I'd want a bit more freedom. But I can deal with it for a little while, I just really have to concentrate on getting in what I need nutritionally, which Im doing. I ordered my bridemaid gown and its an 18. I"m a 22 right now, so I have until June to get to an 18...NO PRESSURE!! LOL!