Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I will try the 5:2 then and see how it works.

And, yes, with the sites all being merged, it is too much for just Alex and myself to do everything. Fortunately, we had a good response to our request for volunteers and have everything covered now.

Welcome Susan :)

And yes the host thing, sorry daisy after catching up last night I knew I'd forget a few things in responding.

My fast went ok yesterday I went over by a tad because I ate some plain Greek yogurt last night..

It's become a comfort food for me. Not sure if thats good or bad..

Today! Ugh I wanted today to be so different.

But after life whacked me upside the head this weekend, I am disappointed but at the same time don't much care..

Today I have a weigh in and meeting with my surgeon, I've known about it forever and in the last month I just wanted to walk in there and step on that scale and be solidly in the 140's (with clothes on) I'm 149 so that means getting to at least 146 unclothed..

It didn't happen. It's my thing not the doctors thing (I hope) and I think he will be pleased but I'm not..

I wrote a thread yesterday about balance. I need to find more of it, including balancing my expectations and responses to them should they not be met perfectly.

Edited by laura-ven

Welcome Susan! I know originally you were against the idea of the 5:2, so it's a welcome sight to "see" you here! LOL, I think all of us here (with a few exceptions) have hit that LOW weight and then BOUNCED back up

While I did try to EAT MORE at one point in my journey I found that it was not what I needed=gain for me. :( The sleeve DOES and SHOULD allow me to eat LESS, not more. :D Although I do have to say when I was eating MORE it really wasn't because I was eating a LOT more dense Protein, it was basically just more overall in general, which is really not ideal.

So I say give it a try, and you have nothing to lose but extra lbs. I totally am here to cheer you on in this journey! B)

Welcome Susan :)

And yes the host thing, sorry daisy after catching up last night I knew I'd forget a few things in responding.

My fast went ok yesterday I went over by a tad because I ate some plain Greek yogurt last night..

It's become a comfort food for me. Not sure if thats good or bad..

Today! Ugh I wanted today to be so different.

But after life whacked me upside the head this weekend, I am disappointed but at the same time don't much care..

Today I have a weigh in and meeting with my surgeon, I've known about it forever and in the last month I just wanted to walk in there and step on that scale and be solidly in the 140's (with clothes on) I'm 149 so that means getting to at least 146 unclothed..

It didn't happen. It's my thing not the doctors thing (I hope) and I think he will be pleased but I'm not..

I wrote a thread yesterday about balance. I need to find more of it, including balancing my expectations and responses to them should they not be met perfectly.

OMG, I have so so so so so so been exactly where you are today. I always would *wish* for at least 3lbs under what I would weigh with clothes so that I could see a certain number on the scale when I head in to see my surgeon. I just counted in my head and I've seen my surgeon at least 10 times in the last 3 years. WOW! That is too much anxiety over what the f'ing scale says. Sheesh.

I've learned to let go of some of that. Because in all honesty does 3lbs +/- make a difference. NO. Does my surgeon really care? No. He cares about me, not what the scale says.

Just sending you a hug today Laura, because I know how stressful it can be. Try to let go of the OCD part about our weight...it will serve you well in the long run.

Thanks, and I actually plan to sit down tonight and read this whole thread, I expect knowing you guys, it will be quite entertaining. Lol.

Oh and OD, you will see that Laura, Dorrie (Ms.Skinny) Coops and I are all now "BariatricPal Hosts" I think we all pretty much got the same email saying "hey will you host a forum for me?" from Alex. We are all now basically the same as the old "Moderators" where we can move posts, edit them, etc.

We are not being paid to do this. I can't speak for Susan, but I think the rest of us are all just donating our time to the cause. ;)

I need to add, I just walked into the break room to fix myself my fat free hot chocolate, and there are biscuits, scrambled eggs, a Breakfast casserole and bacon. I resist. Then, I set my drink on my desk and run to the ladies room and sitting on the conference table are Krispy Kreme donuts, are they trying to sabotage me??!! Lol. I haven't ate yet today, but plan on getting a small Wendy's chili for lunch and am really looking forward to it, especially now.

I need to add, I just walked into the break room to fix myself my fat free hot chocolate, and there are biscuits, scrambled eggs, a breakfast casserole and bacon. I resist. Then, I set my drink on my desk and run to the ladies room and sitting on the conference table are Krispy Kreme donuts, are they trying to sabotage me??!! Lol. I haven't ate yet today, but plan on getting a small Wendy's chili for lunch and am really looking forward to it, especially now.

Oh, that is CRUEL!!!

GOOD FOR YOU FOR RESISTING! STICK TO THE PLAN!!!

OMG, I have so so so so so so been exactly where you are today. I always would *wish* for at least 3lbs under what I would weigh with clothes so that I could see a certain number on the scale when I head in to see my surgeon. I just counted in my head and I've seen my surgeon at least 10 times in the last 3 years. WOW! That is too much anxiety over what the f'ing scale says. Sheesh. I've learned to let go of some of that. Because in all honesty does 3lbs +/- make a difference. NO. Does my surgeon really care? No. He cares about me, not what the scale says. Just sending you a hug today Laura, because I know how stressful it can be. Try to let go of the OCD part about our weight...it will serve you well in the long run.

Yep you got it!! I wish my surgeon didn't keep up with his patients so closely :P

You are so right though.. Thank you.

And why can we see this so clearly to tell others but are so hard on ourselves.,

My computer did it again, I have 2 quoted posts to reply too and I can't get it to quote here.....

Susan welcome. This is a great program that has really worked for many people, even when your over by a tad....:P

I love the people and the info here......very supportive and down to earth....

LV Daughters are so wonderful and beautiful, (just like us) but also really hurt us emotionally. We so want the best for them...

glad your ordeal is over. My whole Xmas is going to be different with a lot of different stressors but I'm going to let it be her issue and plan to enjoy mine. It will be good for her to move into the real world and have a lot of reality checks too. I have always wanted the best for her and now I'm letting her go with love..... :P

Georgia I love your pic, it's very inviting. I am still working on having a new pic of me and posting here on this site. I see my pic and just get all wierded out.. LOL

GT I love the feedback you gave to CGJ, it's perfect....I can tell you do a lot of reflecting...and moving for me is really scary. We had or am planning on moving to Oregon, but I am scared to death. I don't know how you do it... :P

OD I really would like to meet you the next time I'm in Coos Bay. I'm thinking about coming up really soon too......

Swizzly I hope things are going better for the time being. you've had more of your share of stuff.

Susan I look forward to hearing more about you too. Once again, welcome, this is a fabulous group.... :rolleyes:

Welcome Susan, reading this thread history will be like catching up on a soap opera - but worth it. :)

I started 5:2 after I bounced up to 163 from my goal of 158. Then, it was working so easy, i stayed with it till I got to 150. Then, plastic surgery came along, swelling etc and i have been bouncing around a bit. This morning though, the big 147 showed up...woo hoo! My new goal is 148 and i want to have a bounce range of about 145-150, but always trying to stay under 148.

The guy I had dinner with last night invited me out to a "real date" Friday night. I am FINALLY excited about someone I met. about time. Even if it doesn't work out, at least it is proof there is hope...

Oh, and I have a strange status. I don't have the thing that says * * HOST, but under my name it says bariatricpal host.

I had volunteered, but never got an email or anything so I assume I am NOT a host. That is fine, I don't mind, it was just confusing.

Skinny! Family can really make you crazy. I feel for you. My dad is doing a bit of a crazy making job on me right now too. I just try to pace my crazy making activities and dont let them bunch up all at once if I have any control over them... which I usually dont!

Ok I just caught up!!

I hope I can remember everything because boy it was a lot!! Sarsar it's nice to see you back.

Same with you swizzly. I'm sorry things are not going the best right now.. I worry about wanting to drink sometimes. This weekend was pretty bad and I wanted to drink my troubles away.. So I didn't.

Oregondaisy and Jane! Oh dating! Wow is all I can say.. But it is interesting the thing you said having your pick, that's got to be such a weird feeling scrolling down a page picking out one.

I'd probably be picky too! Eh this one has a butt chin... NEXT! :P

Fudge?? Did someone mention fudge??? Something I must avoid! No baking this year!

GT. You have been through the ringer.

I hope you can just come back to the states and take care of yourself and go to school, skinniness..., daughters, my bad weekend had to do with my daughter.. It started with a knock on my door from another parent and it ended one hole in the wall (by my daughter) and emotional wrung out and shell shocked me...

Ok it's settled we all need to treat ourselves with love and kindness through this holiday season.

We will work on maintaining our successes.

Because face it we are successful!

I fasted today and it went well...

I'm at 456 so I might have some "diet" hot cocoa tonight :D

OK I finally got it to post the two quotes....FYE yes our family can drive us nuts....they think they know everything without communication back and forth...... :(

Swizzly I so have been thinking about having an extra strong drink these days but instead am tempted to take a Norco just for the effect. I don't because that will lead to addiction and I know it. That I don't need to deal with.... :blush:

Now the fudge, I'm going to a friends house today and have decided to make some fudge just because I have it on my mind...Hope I can forget about it though. Ha haha :blink:

LV you are doing great on your fast days. Tomorrow I will have to fast and be out of the house all day long just so I am not tempted. My DH is home with a sinus infection and he is driving me crazy........ :( The man needs to get out an work....LOL

Susan you can do this fast day, you've got a great start already.... :P

Oh, and I have a strange status. I don't have the thing that says * * HOST, but under my name it says bariatricpal host.

I had volunteered, but never got an email or anything so I assume I am NOT a host. That is fine, I don't mind, it was just confusing.

go to your message center and there should be message from Alex for you Jane.... :P

go to your message center and there should be message from Alex for you Jane.... :P

No message from Alex. I will message him at some point if I don't get something.