Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You look amazing and gorgeous! Love the transformation......:P

Okay, back today and a few more minutes to spend "here" and not "there" LOL! (Yeah, what the heck is up with that comment, great you went and had ***love this part*** HALF your stomach ***um, duh it's 85%*** out and it's all just gonna grow back and you will be a little piggy again) :blink:

I believe that the Google group will indeed just sit there. When I signed in I saw a few other groups I had joined that were just dead, but still there. lol

Sarah, OMG, your pics are amazing! Truly a huge difference, you are beautiful!

Daisy, please do send us (or you can PM me if you want) your new improved version, maybe I can add something to it. I was a graphic designer for 20 years and a lot of my job involved "seeing" other people's edits, so therefore by osmosis I am also an editor. :P And you are looking for witty, yes? I don't know how "witty" I am, maybe Laura can chime in also. :lol:

Georgia, OMG love the cruise photos...you got all dressed up and I love that. It's one thing that I *hated* doing as a plus-size gal, was dressing up. Everything just looked ridiculous with my fat rolls stuffed in. You are just darling, as is your granddaughter! (You have 2 right?) Thanks for sharing.

Brown, I'm so glad you are here...and keeping up the good fight! (What is your real name, BTW?...now that we are private at all!)

Coops, I know the struggle only too well. I'm so glad you went out drinking and had a good time. You are a gem and I adore you so much!

Cheri, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! OMG, I'm the same age as your hubby. You are just a baby. LOL. Don't you hate it when people say that? I hope you are feeling better, that shingles sounds awful. And a nap-striking baby too.. NO FUN!!! On a side note about age, I've been putting off going to my hairdresser (saw her in early Aug) because I'm really trying to grow my hair longer (not sure why, maybe a vain attempt at looking younger???) Anyway, I'm finally going to see her this next Wed because I cannot cannot cannot deal with the gray hair anymore. It's only been a few months since it was colored but sh*t these gray hairs are just more than I can stomach. I usually go every 3 months like clockwork, but tried to just "extend" it a little bit and am finding I just cannot deal. Ugh. It looks the worst when I pull it into a ponytail to go workout. :wacko:

Cheryl, it does sound as if the time off for recovery is giving you a chance to process and have some clarity. I hope you will find a man that is both wonderful, makes you feel like sexy godess AND is there for you 100%. We women deserve NOTHING LESS! The part-time stuff doesn't sound like it's making you happy, and you deserve to be happy.

Alright, sorry if I forgot anyone or anything...I had 2 pages to read. But just want to say again how happy I am that we are private!!!

Oh and I won't post them here but my most recent photos are HERE:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/285050-3-years-ago-today-i-had-the-vsg/#entry3206404

I think most of you have seen it but if you want my most recent photos, that is where you will find them. It's funny because as much as I'm striving to get the extra weight off, as I look at the photos of myself, I realize there is about only an +8lb difference between my most recent photos and the one photo that is my "after" on my profile that was taken when I was still a newbie at 14 months post-op. I don't really see any difference even though the scale says I'm +8lbs heavier. So all this obsessing...well, let's just say maybe I need to do a little less of it. ;)

Sarsar, you look fabulous! Same to you, Sheila. And welcome back, Georgia, I hope you had a great time.

I'm feeling way better. I had a totally me day yesterday. I had a short visit with a friend in the morning, did a light lunch and a movie with a gal pal in the afternoon and went out on a date with the husband last night. Whew! I did awesome even being out so much - had I skipped the pint with dinner (shared with hubs) I would have made a fast day. Crazy.

Today is just relaxation all the way. I still have that nerve tingling but it improves every day. I am so grateful for that stupid trip to the E.R. I can't imagine how miserable people with the full deal get but it can't be pleasant.

And baby Shevi is a naughty little troll - sleeping and napping like a champ on a day when daddy's home to help me out! I swear he thinks I make up how difficult and demanding she is during the week, because she's on her best behavior whenever he's home!

Hope everyone is doing well. I skipped the scale this morning but will weigh in tomorrow. I expect to shed the cycle gain over the next few days and hopefully I'll log a small loss by the end of next week.

Dysmorphia came up and even though it didn't apply to OD, I can see how it does come in to play when we've struggled with body image for years. I still feel fat and unsightly anytime I can't fit nicely into my clothes. It's ridiculous. I know that I'm not fat. And I don't even think I'm fat. But I can still FEEL that way sometimes. I love my baby but I absolutely HATE what having her did to my body. It's only a measly six pounds but the way I'm shaped now is totally different. It's so frustrating to cover ground I've already covered.

Anyway, hope you gals enjoy the rest of your weekend. My in-laws are calling to wish me a Happy Birthday. Which it is! The kids and my husband got me some really great, really thoughtful gifts. I'm so blessed!

~Cheri

Happy birthday Cheri, glad to hear that you are on the mend and you have had a nice weekend. Totally deserved.

I have given entirely the wrong impression - my friendship with Steven has been the best thing for me over the last 6 months. He has helped me move through a certain process, about how I see myself, my self image, re-discovering my sexuality, and alot of other things. He told me, when we first met that he didn't have time for a fulltime girlfriend. He was honest and clear from the beginning and at the time, there was some "safety" for me in that. I don't mean to brag, but i am highly verbal and have a history of men falling in love with me, and me with them... based on that ability to really connect with someone. I wanted the fun part of a relationship but basically with someone who was unavailable. Steven is single, but due to things in his life, not truly available. He also lied to me about his age - i would have never dated someone 16 years older then me had I known (I know why he did it, he is super fit and active and physically younger then his chronilogical age).

One of the things he told me... after we had been seeing each other maybe 2 months that it was his mission to get me to see myself the way he does. That I am pretty, sexy, fun to be around, - someone desirable to men. He is a big advocate of me in every way. He is very verbal and expressive and we discuss all of this stuff, my evolving "needs". He admits to me that he has been angling on how he can keep me around; we do have feelings for each other. I think we have had a little bit of a "dance" about what is best for each other, for ourselves.

To be perfectly honest, what I really WANT is for 2014 to be a year of discovery, i have so many things I want to do. I wish I had more of him so I could continue with a low maintenance "relationship" which gives me some of the wonderful things while leaving me space in my life for my ongoing growth. I know that won't work though - he just always makes the choice to add crazy and chaos to his life and over time that will lead me to be unhappy. I don't fully understand him - I know he is untreated ADHD. He is also going through a rough patch in the bigger frame of his life - something I think we can all relate to. Whatever the reasons, it is what it is.

I am thinking that after the holidays I will take on dating as a project again...haha.

Hence, I want decent photos.

I am picky picky about this - I know what I want and it won't be easy to find.

Although there were at least ten responses since my last post, I had zero notifications, none. No happy little red square with numbers in it. Also, I can sometimes go to a page, a thread, etc. and sometimes I can't - I get the big CENTCOM BLOCKED thing that usually only comes up if I try to go to a blog. Jane! your arms!! The stuff of dreams!! No appetite today, tired of stupid apple pie Quest bars but without them I don't come close to meeting my Fiber needs. gah. Feeling blue today, not feeling team cohesion, feeling like someone I thought was a friend isn't, fretting a lot.

I had to go into settings and edit the emails notifications. I wasn't getting any either. Finally now getting them.

Wish I could be of any help! I'm fat and depressed and angry and lost. :-( Loves to you all...

Aww, Swizzly, I'm sorry! Here is a "hug "

Ladies we need to lift ourselves up, the changes on the site seem to have got us in a funk or is that just a coincidence? Let us Celebrate our achievements. I will start it and this is coming from a woman who likes to hide in the crowd: I have lost 92lb and have 8lb to go to get to my goal ( that could change). YEH I can fit into some size14 garments in M&S ( don't know what the Us equivalent size is) YEH I exercise YEH I wore shorts in public for the first time this year YEH I own a swimsuit YEH I love my sleeve YEH Come on post your own lists, nothing negative only positives. Let us lift ourselves high. Edit: one more - I don't need a seatbelt extender on a plane YEH

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!

Yeah it'll just 'sit there' until I delete it. I spent a long time setting it up, it doesn't just disappear. Like me?

So sorry girlie :(

Really I am.. And you better not disappear!

You are an important part of this group!

Anybody else have trouble opening links? I click and it just comes up to a blank page. Never opens

There is definitely some posting problems today the app is lagging and timing out.. I've told Alex and he's working on it some new updates this week with new fixes.

It doesn't matter what email you use, so far people have different ones including hotmail. I've added a few here already, but it's nighttime here, so I'll do more in the morning. :-) Once you're added, you just email the group name and it goes to everyone in the group, or you can also read the discussions on the google group page.

Was I supposed to get an email from you or google? Haven't seen anything.

Links not working for me either (ipad), have just reported it.

Okay I will post my profile from one of the sites and I am open to any changes anyone wants to contribure.Yes, what I am going for is upbeat and witty and entertaining.

Here goes:

A little about me...

I am a witty woman, who loves life. I am positive by nature and always try to find the sunny side of any situation.

I am happy to share opinions, but there isn't much worth arguing over. People tell me my easy going nature is my best asset. I don't have a lot of baggage and I do my best to keep my life stress and drama free. I have great kids and I adore my grandchildren. I feel that I am very blessed.

I love being outdoors, and finding the beauty in nature. Hiking on the many trails we have in this area is one of my favorite things to do. I also love to dance. Let's shake our bootys!

I'd like to keep an open mind to trying new things. Do you have any ideas? 

About the one I'm looking for...

I am looking for an easy going guy who isn't afraid to communicate.He likes to talk about a wide range of subjects and is a good listener as well. He enjoys the outdoors and snuggling on the couch watching a movie. too He appreciates a good listener and understands the importance of good communication with his partner. He wants to build a future with a woman who is his equal and his best friend. A good sense of humor goes without saying..

Feel free to put your two cents in here. I still have coops' in  an email and I made some changes from her ideas and I wanted to "sit on" this one a couple of days.

I still think it sounds very "vanilla" I want to pump it up somehow, make it more entertaining to read.