Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~January Chat!

That is so fantastic....I know I was in heaven when I finally reached the onederlands for good! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I hope this is the last fill I'll need to get to goal. (I'm at 2.5) The doc told me today that he wants me to get down to 131! That's six pounds more than I estimated...sigh. But I am not changing my ticker because I want to get to 137 and then re-evaluate what I look like.

He reassured me that my Hair loss will stop once I've lost my weight and stablized...and that he's never had a patient go bald! Don't know if that waas reassuring or not...

Great to have you post. You lost a LOT of weight since may....that's really great. PB's are horrid...and the few I've had have all been my own fault...eating too fast or not chewing enough. :nervous

Keep coming back...

Well folks guess what NOW. I have exercise-induced asthma. I went to the gym tonight and did three one-minute intervals on the elliptical and went home with an asthma attack. I fortunately had an inhaler that was given (prophylactically) to me during my lapband surgery but never used in my medicine cabinent. It took four puffs before I was back to *normal*.

I shouldn't be surprised my daughter EIA when she was a young kiddo.

I have on occasion experienced wheezing and bronchospasms before. But I guess if I am going to try to exercise regularly I better go get better medicated.

Oh Joy just what I want to do go to another doctor.:bored

On the positive note I did my three minutes and wobbled out to the car without falling on my face. :faint:

Myra

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me in the last week due to the death of my sister and nieces. We buried them on Friday. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Over 1000 people attended, people were standing outside the church because they ran out of places to let them stand inside. It was a beautiful service and a wonderful tribute to 3 dearly loved girls. My sister was only 28 and her girls were 5 and 3. My nephew is doing okay. He should be heading to Denver at the end of the week to begin rehab. He'll be 9 on the 17th of Feb. He isn't talking much yet, just a few words and he hasn't asked about his mom or sisters yet. Keep praying for him to recover and for my BIL to have the right words to explain the accident to him. If you'd like, you can go to www.npberean.org and click on the link HASTINGS FAMILY UPDATE. Thanks for letting me tell you how much they mean to me.

During all the grieving last week, I did lose a few more pounds. I am at 71 pounds lost and just 5 lbs from my Feb goal. That is one of the few things that makes me smile right now. I found myself in baggy jeans all week and a baggy skirt for the funeral. I am almost in size 18 bottoms. They are tight so I'll wait for a few more pounds to wear them.

Oh Marz! They were sooo beautiful! Again, I am so sorry. If there is anything at all that I can do to help you and your family, please let me know! My thoughts and prayers are still being directed towards your family. I pray that your family and your brother in-law will have the strength and knowledge to help your nephew in his recovery and while dealing with the loss of his mother and sisters. Again, if I can do ANYTHING, plesae let me know.

Marz88-I'm so very sorry. It is just such a tragedy, they were such a beautiful family. You are all in my prayers...

I'm so glad you have atleast something bringing you a quiet smile.

Kelli

Myra - sorry to hear about the EIA. A friend of mine has that as well. I need to ask him how he handles it... so far it hasn't stopped him from playing basketball, running on the treadmill, etc. He is very active. Get to that doctor girl!

Janey - Hope the fill went well! WOW 131 lbs! I had more than that to lose. Just think when we are both at goal, I will have lost a whole (and then some) Janey! You go giril!

Kim2bhealthy mine is cold air induced bronchospasms. I mean they could hang meat in the gym that I went to. I guess they do kinda HA HA!

So I will have to stick to activities that don't trigger it like swimming and possibly use my inhaler before an activity that is a trigger.

My understanding is when exercising people naturally breath through their mouth and that bypasses the normal *heating* process when one breathes cold air through the nose. The cold air then causes the bronchospasm/asthma attack. So the cold air is the actual trigger.

It is something I can definitely work around just not at that gym because the environment is understandably very very cold.

Myra

ok, really. My life is sad. I have the most exciting news. I just heard today that they are opening a Starbucks!!!! just a few blocks from my house with a drive thru.!!!

I LOVE the low fat sugar free vanilla latte. ............bbzzzzzzzzzzzzz (doing the happy caffeine dance)

36_1_33.gif MissyC...that is so funny! I live in Houston, and you can't go five miles without hitting a Starbucks, but I had never tried the sugar free/ low free latte until one of the May bandsters (can't remember who, but thank you so much!) was talking about the hazelnut one. YUMMMMM!!!! I'm really happy for you, it's a good thing!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxmk870IZUS

I can't wait for the February thread to be started.........

I did it! I did it!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I am in Onederland!!!!!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

198 and losing............

:P