Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Biblical Case for Pro-Choice & Stem Cell Research

I realize that not everyone has the same beliefs and I do respect that.

I do believe it is a stretch however to make the statement that there is no biblical case against abortion. I truly won't debate - I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe and arguing about it won't make a difference.

You referenced what you based your belief on - my opinion is based on watching my child at 24 weeks cry, feel pain, be comforted by loving touch, and fight to survive and this verse from the bible.....

Psalm 139

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

I think abortion cheats the child out of the life that could be and I think it is a selfish choice. There are waiting lists in this country for ALL types of infants - no matter what race or handicap. If a woman is incapable whether financially or emotionally to care for the child adoption is always an option.

Anyone who says that there is NO Biblical case against abortion has either never read the Bible or has no clue what it means!

I realize that not everyone has the same beliefs and I do respect that.

I do believe it is a stretch however to make the statement that there is no biblical case against abortion. I truly won't debate - I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe and arguing about it won't make a difference.

You referenced what you based your belief on - my opinion is based on watching my child at 24 weeks cry, feel pain, be comforted by loving touch, and fight to survive and this verse from the bible.....

Psalm 139

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

I think abortion cheats the child out of the life that could be and I think it is a selfish choice. There are waiting lists in this country for ALL types of infants - no matter what race or handicap. If a woman is incapable whether financially or emotionally to care for the child adoption is always an option.

Ok, look, people:

There are a few types of stem-cells:

Adult Progenitor, aka satellite cells

"Cord Blood"

Embryonic - THIS IS THE ONE THAT EVERYONE IS SO ABOUT.

There is VERY little promise in embryonic, MOSTLY due to the fact that the cells are just too "primordial" or biologically indifferent to really make a decision on what to be.

The stem cells that we get out of cord blood is the most promising. It is not as "primordial" and is more apt to repair and adapt.

Adult Progenitor cells, or better known as satellite cells are in the human muscle cells that repair breaks or partial tears in muscle tissue.

THERE. Now, go fight about nothing.

Stem cell research is great and will save the human race one day. Now, quit bitching and get informed.

I'm might do a degree in this stuff. It's fascinating.

There is VERY little promise in embryonic, MOSTLY due to the fact that the cells are just too "primordial" or biologically indifferent to really make a decision on what to be.

The stem cells that we get out of cord blood is the most promising. It is not as "primordial" and is more apt to repair and adapt.

Adult Progenitor cells, or better known as satellite cells are in the human muscle cells that repair breaks or partial tears in muscle tissue.

THERE. Now, go fight about nothing.

Stem cell research is great and will save the human race one day. Now, quit bitching and get informed.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

All the pro-lifers I know have no problem with non-embryonic stem cell research.