Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

INTRODUCTIONS-please introduce yourself here before going to another thread

I'm from shaker Heights, a suburb of Cleveland and I'm going to be banded tomorrow. (seems so unreal) Stay positive and be sure to join the October bandsters a.k.a the TENacious Tens.

Talk to you soon

Hi I'm Kim. Just had my first visit with surgeon Wednesday. Hoping the process goes fast. BMI is 38 with no other problems. I am 100lbs overweight. Might have a problem getting approved by insurance. Only option for quick approval is to gain 8lbs.

Welcome Kim!!

What city are you having your surgery? Did/Do you have all your testing already?

I was just approved this week and now I'm waiting to be contacted about my surgery date. I practically sat and stared at my phone at work all day, hoping the surgeons office would call! I'm having my surgery at St Vincent Hospital in Cleveland.

Good luck on your journey to the band!

Forestcat

Hi Everyone,

I was banded in June '06 in florence, Kentucky by Dr. Sonnanstine (Awesome Doc).

Two weeks ago my husband, 4 children (2 step & 2 biological) and I moved up here to Liberty Township (but our mortgage papers had both West Chester and Middletown listed...still confused about the area.)

I had my 2nd fill yesterday. (Got a little off track with all the stess). Doc is giving me two months to try and get back on track. I want to do myself proud.

I am looking for a support group and some fellow banding friends. My exercise has been slim to none, unless chasing around a 2 year old and a 1 year old counts.

Any leads? :mad:

Judy H - I'm from just up the road a bit - in Mansfield. Have you been banded yet? You are close to my age and location so it might be fun to track our progress together.

Judy (the other one) :bounce:

Hi Judy,

I got banded June 5 at Ohio State by Dr. Mikami who's very nice. You're right. Mansfield is only an hour away by a speeding beetle!!!!

Judy H

Judy H - I'm from just up the road a bit - in Mansfield. Have you been banded yet? You are close to my age and location so it might be fun to track our progress together.

Judy (the other one) :bounce:

How did the surgery with Dr Myers go?

Judy H

Yes - only an hour and as luck would have it - I drive a Beetle (sometimes a speeding one). Thus my name "Top Down Bug" (she's a flasher - sometimes puts her convertible top down).

So your surgery was in June? How are you doing? Would love to hear about your progress and experiences. You're 4 months ahead of me so you are surely settled into the new lifestyle now. Keep in touch.

Hunter - surgery with Dr Myers was just fine. He's such a great guy as I know many doctors are. He gives us all his personal cell phone number and answers it day or night (unless he's in surgery I suppose). I had a little nausea yesterday and was worried about it so I gave him a call. He called in a prescription right away and told me my blood sugar was probably getting low. I'm going to have a few more carbs today and see if it doesn't help. Haven't gotten to the pharmacy yet to pick up the prescription.

How are you doing Hunter?

Hunter - surgery with Dr Myers was just fine. He's such a great guy as I know many doctors are. He gives us all his personal cell phone number and answers it day or night (unless he's in surgery I suppose). I had a little nausea yesterday and was worried about it so I gave him a call. He called in a prescription right away and told me my blood sugar was probably getting low. I'm going to have a few more carbs today and see if it doesn't help. Haven't gotten to the pharmacy yet to pick up the prescription.

How are you doing Hunter?

Sounds like things are going good! Much pain after the surgery?

I'm going in Tuesday for my all day appointment, so I'm progressing!

Hunter

I had almost no pain after the surgery. I asked for one pill the night of the surgery (which helped me to rest) and since then I've had a total of 4 extra strength tylenol. I've had a couple other similar (gall bladder, hernia) surgeries and had very little pain from those either. I think I'm just lucky.

My biggest problem was on day one and two lots of gurgling when I was trying to swallow my drinks. That went away yesterday so I'm feeling pretty darn normal except I get tired and weak easily if I try to do too much physically.

I hope all goes well for you .. you're getting there !

Judy

My name is Chelsey and I'm 17 years old and I was banded the 23rd of October by Dr. Curry. I have already lost 15 lbs which is so exciting!!! I'm from McArthur Ohio but I went to cincy to have my sugery.

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Chelsey

Hi Chelsey!

Good luck! You'll do fantastically. Go find the young bandster group, they'll give you great support.

So will we. We're here for each other!