Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year's

I have been doing so well with this whole thing ,did good during Thanksgiving and Christmas.. But Now it's New Years and every year I have went to a Bar or Party.. and I do drink.. So guess my question is . Is there anyone else out there that is going out this New Years to Party and if so what will you be drinkin.. since I can't have beer.. what are some other good choice out there that I can drink?

Personally I don't drink others I've spoken to do. They have vodka with cranberry because it's more of clear liquid then say orange juice (which the acid might upset your stomach.) I don't think having a few would be bad just make sure you drink alot of Water with it so you don't dehydrate. Good luck and have fun! Happy New Year.

I don't drink alcohol, but we make virgin daquaries and things like that instead.

We are having a party and are going to watch all the amazing fireworks that they light off on my terrace. our house is on top of a huge hill, so we can see the entire village, and also the next big city perfectly. It's going to be so awsome!

I don't drink with any regularity, but I do have a drink or 2 occasionally. We often have Margarita's at our favorite Mexican food restaurant. I have had an amaretto sour...

I have avoided all carbonation...and I have avoided large amounts of hard liquor, as I figured it may be hard on the stomach---but I am somewhat of a lightweight when it comes to drinking anyway (imagine me a lightweight at ANYTHING!!!).

I get Migraines with wine---but hear others say they drink it just fine.

Good Luck, have fun....Happy New Year!!!

Kat

Juices can be WAY high in calories so I always order a tall Vodka Water and add those quick and easy packets of Crstyal light or these calorie free energy drink powders called Replenish. Delicious ! Just watch the Vodka quantity as it has plenty of calories also. Have fun...

In va it is illegal to bring your own to mix with, a party is different tho.

Also sure juices have some calories and natural sugar but you need SOME calories to survive...also juice is good for you.

Alcohol all has alot of sugar in it but geez, i gave up food to have the band, i am not going to give up life.

I dont think one party is going to make or break your band

Sorry, i am not a calorie slave... if i did I would go crazy within a week.

I don't drink much at all and had not since I was banded, But when I went under 200 pounds, my wife and had a shot of Tequilla to Celebrate. No problems upsetting the tummy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches